NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner

4 posters

Go down

Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Empty Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:58 pm

Producers of Britain's Got Talent have apologised to the show's judges and viewers, after the winner revealed a "stunt double" dog was used during the grand final.

Jules O'Dwyer picked up £250,000 and a spot at the Royal Variety Performance with a sketch where her border collie, Matisse, appeared to walk across a tightrope.

But hours after the win, she divulged that a different border collie, Chase, had actually performed the stunt during the live performance - a fact which was not made clear to the voting public on the night.

The guide dog trainer explained that Matisse did not complete the trick because he does not have a head for heights.

Some viewers have since claimed they were misled by her act, which secured only 2% more votes than Raven, the magician who came in second place.

Ofcom has received 206 complaints regarding this part of the talent show, and the regulator is now deciding whether it has cause to investigate the programme.

Ms O'Dwyer has said she is "shocked and surprised" by the public's reaction.

"I was disappointed when people said I allegedly hid Chase and I was trying to make it like Chase was Matisse. That's not so," she added.

Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner 10514374-1-1-480x360

"I introduced Chase in the semi-final, and I said Chase is Matisse's best mate. Chase does the trick very well, Matisse prefers it lower but he's never been at that height.

"I have a choice: I have a dog that can do it at that height, or I have a dog I'd have to push in three days to achieve this.

"Why put pressure on the dog when I already have another dog who can perform it on television?"

http://news.sky.com/story/1494795/stunt-doubles-got-talent-row-over-bgt-winner

What a lot of fuss about nothing.  She made no secret of using the other dogs in her past performances.  Seems her only crime was not to produce both of the dogs at the end of the act.

She still trained them all, Chase is not a professional stunt double Rolling Eyes

Have people got nothing else to worry about???  Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Dog1110

Back to top Go down

Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Empty Re: Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:13 pm

I'm so glad you started a thread about this. I nearly did myself.

I think it would have been good if she had said after the act that there were three dogs, and challenged the audience to spot the difference, and it would have been nice if Chase had come on afterwards too.

However, it was a really cute performance, and all the dogs were fab, so I don't have a problem with it. I think it's a shame that her joy at winning has been marred by this.

I wonder if the doggies know they're famous now. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Empty Re: Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I'm so glad you started a thread about this. I nearly did myself.

I think it would have been good if she had said after the act that there were three dogs, and challenged the audience to spot the difference, and it would have been nice if Chase had come on afterwards too.

However, it was a really cute performance, and all the dogs were fab, so I don't have a problem with it. I think it's a shame that her joy at winning has been marred by this.

Thanks Raggs, I honestly thought Ashleigh & Pudsey could never be beaten cheers

This was and still is a very clever act, three very talented dogs and a fantastic trainer.  Can't wait to see what they come up with next. I am a sucker for the dog performances, I adore them Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Dog_ki11

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:20 pm

People are also complaining about the guy who came second - they say they could see there was a hole all the way through the lemon or something.

It's supposed to be fun, it's not the end of the world is it? Laughing

I liked the guy singing at the piano - I thought he would be higher up at the end.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:21 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I'm so glad you started a thread about this. I nearly did myself.

Thanks Raggs, I honestly thought Ashleigh & Pudsey could never be beaten cheers

This was and still is a very clever act, three very talented dogs and a fantastic trainer.  Can't wait to see what they come up with next. I am a sucker for the dog performances, I adore them Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Dog_ki11

I know! It brought a tear to my eye watching those dogs.

It must be terribly nerve wracking - what if they got distracted or something? Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:People are also complaining about the guy who came second - they say they could see there was a hole all the way through the lemon or something.

I liked the guy singing at the piano - I thought he would be higher up at the end.

Yes he was good but I'm pleased a genuine variety act won.  It is after all what the show is all about.  Simon has ordered an investigation, he should have quashed this rubbish rather than adding fuel to the fire Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:39 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:People are also complaining about the guy who came second - they say they could see there was a hole all the way through the lemon or something.

Yes he was good but I'm pleased a genuine variety act won.  It is after all what the show is all about.  Simon has ordered an investigation, he should have quashed this rubbish rather than adding fuel to the fire Twisted Evil

Oh what a shame. Jules O'Dwyer was the one who said she used a double wasn't she? No doubt someone would have noticed the slight variation in the two dogs eventually.

She went to so much trouble to create that little story and train the dogs - it seems petty to go after her now.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:46 pm

I was reading a report in the Mail about it, and it says that they performed to Lily Allen's Somewhere only we know. It was actually composed and performed by Keane - Lily Allen did a cover of it.

That sort of thing irritates me. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:56 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Oh what a shame. Jules O'Dwyer was the one who said she used a double wasn't she? No doubt someone would have noticed the slight variation in the two dogs eventually.

She went to so much trouble to create that little story and train the dogs - it seems petty to go after her now.

Agreed, The Express are now reporting that she won't lose her title or the prize cheers

Despite the controversy, Jules and Matisse are going to keeping the £250,000 prize and will be performing in front of the Royal Family later this year.

"Simon wasn't aware during the performance that Chase was doing the high wire act. There are no plans for Jules to lose her title," a source told Metro.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/tv-radio/581605/Britain-s-Got-Talent-2015-Simon-Cowell-Jules-O-Dwyer-and-Matisse

Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Runnin11 Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Runnin11 Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Runnin11 Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Runnin11 Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Runnin11 Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Runnin11 Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Runnin11 Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Runnin11 Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Runnin11 Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Runnin11 Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Runnin11 Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Runnin11 Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Runnin11Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Runnin11

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:05 am

Yes, I read that she won't lose the title. I find all this quite upsetting really - such a lovely thing has been spoilt by all this nonsense.

I think maybe the best thing would be for Jules to rename her act if she performs the same one because the other dog didn't really get much credit for his marvellous stunt. He wasn't a "double" really, he was part of the act, and there's nothing wrong with an act where one dog disappears and another appears. Little Skippy played her part too, so it's really a three-dog act.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:09 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I was reading a report in the Mail about it, and it says that they performed to Lily Allen's Somewhere only we know. It was actually composed and performed by Keane - Lily Allen did a cover of it.

So why are you reading that paper? Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:27 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I was reading a report in the Mail about it, and it says that they performed to Lily Allen's Somewhere only we know. It was actually composed and performed by Keane - Lily Allen did a cover of it.

Oh, is it against the law?

I just googled the issue and the Mail came up, along with other reports, so I read them.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:30 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I just googled the issue and the Mail came up, along with other reports, so I read them.

No offense, just asking whether you think that a paper that gets something that simple wrong is worth your time in the future. It's your choice, but that doesn't mean all choices lead to the same result!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:30 am

Anyway, it's not the first time that sort of thing has happened. On American Idol once, someone sang "Without you", and it was announced as being a song made famous by Maria Carey - which was nonsense.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:32 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No offense, just asking whether you think that a paper that gets something that simple wrong is worth your time in the future. It's your choice, but that doesn't mean all choices lead to the same result!

Well Lily Allen did sing that song, but Keane wrote it and performed it first, so they should have been mentioned.

I hope you're not going to lecture me on what to read.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:32 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Anyway, it's not the first time that sort of thing has happened. On American Idol once, someone sang "Without you", and it was announced as being a song made famous by Maria Carey - which was nonsense.  

I hate stuff like that, but it is generational. I had to roll my eyes once at a local singing contest I was on the panel of once when a girl announced her song would be "Take My Breath Away" ... by Jessica Simpson Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Ben_Reilly on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:33 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well Lily Allen did sing that song, but Keane wrote it and performed it first, so they should have been mentioned.

Not at all, but obviously some publications are better than others. Unless you subscribe to that loony lefty nonsense where everything is equal and we all get a prize ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:37 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Not at all, but obviously some publications are better than others. Unless you subscribe to that loony lefty nonsense where everything is equal and we all get a prize ...

Perhaps you'd like to comment on the actual story rather than introducing red herrings about the press.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:38 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Perhaps you'd like to comment on the actual story rather than introducing red herrings about the press.

I could not care less about the actual story.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:39 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I see. In that case, I shall pay no more attention to any of your posts on this thread as you're clearly revving up for a trolling session on your own forum.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:42 am

Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner O-JULES-MATISSE-570
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:44 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I see. In that case, I shall pay no more attention to any of your posts on this thread as you're clearly revving up for a trolling session on your own forum.

No, you've got me all wrong. I am a journalist and I hate bad journalism. So while this is my own forum I will make comments about bad journalists as I see fit.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:49 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No, you've got me all wrong. I am a journalist and I hate bad journalism. So while this is my own forum I will make comments about bad journalists as I see fit.

It was hardly bad journalism - I doubt most people noticed. I just happen to notice these things.

Anyway, aren't the doggies cute? That's Skippy, Matisse, and Chase.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:55 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It was hardly bad journalism - I doubt most people noticed. I just happen to notice these things.

Anyway, aren't the doggies cute? That's Skippy, Matisse, and Chase.

It was definitely bad journalism. I make mistakes like that sometimes and I can't live with myself for a few days. You don't just let that sort of thing slide, or else you get sloppy.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:01 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner What_210 This is Britain's Got Talent Ben, serious stuff Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:03 am

Isn't "Matisse" a great name for a dog?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:03 am

feelthelove wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner What_210 This is Britain's Got Talent Ben, serious stuff Laughing

Sorry FTL Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:01 pm

There's been a suggestion from Simon Cowell that the act should have been called "Jules, Matisse and Friends.

Personally, I'd put an Oxford comma in there.

Also, it doesn't really give Chase enough credit. I don't think Skippy did much in the way of tricks, although she's very cute, but Chase was just as good as Matisse really, and he did quite a lot in the semi-final, as well as that tightrope stunt in the final.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:02 pm

I am so glad that, despite the concerted efforts of David and FTL, I dont watch that rubbish lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:44 pm

Nems wrote:I am so glad that, despite the concerted efforts of David and FTL, I dont watch that rubbish lol!

I only watched the final - afterwards, so I didn't vote.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:11 pm

Nems wrote:I am so glad that, despite the concerted efforts of David and FTL, I dont watch that rubbish lol!

Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner There_10 There there Nems, it's ok, we believe you I love you xxx

Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Giggle13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:13 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Are you ashamed Raggs??? It's too late to distance yourself from the show now Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Bag_ov10 we know you've been watching, we know you've been watching! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:15 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Are you ashamed Raggs??? It's too late to distance yourself from the show now Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Bag_ov10 we know you've been watching, we know you've been watching! lol!

Noooooooo, I'm not, honest. Laughing

I find all these shows a bit drawn out really, and a mate mentioned that the final was on, so I watched it on the Iplayer the next day. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

I find all these shows a bit drawn out really, and a mate mentioned that the final was on, so I watched it on the Iplayer the next day. Laughing

OK, I'll believe you Raggs.  At least you're not in complete denial like some I could mention............... Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Whistl10

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:18 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

OK, I'll believe you Raggs.  At least you're not in complete denial like some I could mention............... Stunt Double's Got Talent: Row Over BGT Winner Whistl10

They just need to fess up. lol!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:40 pm

Ofcom have ruled that viewers were misled over the winning act. ITV are going to refund all the people who voted for Jules O'Dwyer and Matisse.

I do wish they had said that the act included Chase, and then all this could have been avoided. However, I'm pleased that they're not taking her prize away.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33957710
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:47 pm

The daily Mail and the Sun , the two best selling papers in Britain

I read 'em, so do millions more!

I'm not a snob!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:02 pm

nicko wrote:The daily Mail and the Sun ,  the two best selling papers in Britain

I read 'em,   so do millions more!

I'm not a snob!

scratch
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:05 pm

Hahahahahaha I thought that but didn't comment
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down