NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Englands Muslim Prisoner Population Doubles In A Decade

2 posters

Go down

Englands Muslim Prisoner Population Doubles In A Decade Empty Englands Muslim Prisoner Population Doubles In A Decade

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:40 am

30th March 2014

Is it because we're islamophobic?  Should they be there?  Should we release them all because they are innocent?

Please discuss.

A new report shows the number of Muslims in UK prisons has more than doubled over the past decade, as some analysts link the rising figure to Islamophobia.

Statistics provided by Britain’s Ministry of Justice show there are currently about 12,000 Muslims in UK prisons.

The dramatic rise has prompted calls on British authorities to investigate whether Muslims are being treated harshly by the police and the courts.

Some critics are suggesting the rise is due to growing Islamophobia in the UK.

According to the statistics, Muslims represent 4.7 percent of the population in England and Wales, yet 14 percent of prisoners in England and Wales are Muslim.

The figures show that the number of Muslim prisoners has risen from 5,502 (7.7 percent) in 2002 to 11,729 in 2013 (14 percent).

“Young Muslim men are under the official gaze from their school days onwards – they have the lens of the state turned on them. Certain populations can become suspect populations in the eyes of the law enforcement agencies,” said Muzammil Quraishi, a senior lecturer in criminology and criminal justice at Salford University.

Mizanur Rahman, a spokesman for the organization Muslim Prisoners described Islamophobia and racism among police officers as the main reasons behind the increasing number of Muslim inmates.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/03/29/356402/number-of-muslims-in-uk-prison-doubles/

Back to top Go down

Englands Muslim Prisoner Population Doubles In A Decade Empty Re: Englands Muslim Prisoner Population Doubles In A Decade

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:45 am

Interesting and I wonder how many converted to Islam whilst in prison?
I read about this a couple of days ago, and the majority of these offenders fall into the lower age bracket:

This is what I read:

Penal experts point out there are large numbers of teenagers and young men of Pakistani and Bangladeshi heritage in the peak age group for criminal offending of 15 to 25.

Muzammil Quraishi, a senior lecturer in criminology and criminal justice at Salford University, said: “Young Muslim men are under the official gaze from their school days onwards – they have the lens of the state turned on them. Certain populations can become suspect populations in the eyes of the law enforcement agencies.”

Amal Imad, of the charity Muslim Aid, suggested that poor educational performance, problems finding fulfilling jobs and family breakdown were factors in the increasing numbers of Muslims behind bars. She said: “It may be that they can’t integrate into society, they don’t think they have a positive chance to integrate into society.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/number-of-muslims-in-prison-doubles-in-decade-to-12000-9222237.html

Back to top Go down

Englands Muslim Prisoner Population Doubles In A Decade Empty Re: Englands Muslim Prisoner Population Doubles In A Decade

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:50 am

Like I said being that we have extremists in prison, little is being done to stop their intimidation of other prisoners:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/terrorism-top-security-uk-prison-terror-3300455

http://news.sky.com/story/1156989/inmates-bullied-into-converting-to-islam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:00 am

I heard somethng mentioned on Sky about a prison having 42% muslim inmates; I thought they daid Durham but wasn't really listening, so I googled it and got this, which I know is a biased site, but the situation does seem to be getting pretty serious.

Seems Frankland Prison, near Durham, which houses offenders such as child killer Ian Huntley, has been on lockdown for 3 days after gang war broke out between members of the jails Muslim population. One Muslim, who allegedly only converted for better food and conditions was beaten by other Muslims. His attacker was then attacked – yet again by other Muslims! – and stabbed with a weapon. Three days of lockdown ensued in an effort to prevent an all out religious war between Muslims.

http://www.britainfirst.org/news/frankland-prison-on-lockdown-as-muslim-religious-war-breaks-out/

Didge, I know we've discussed this on Flap in the past about non-muslims converting. It is very worrying, and must be especially so if you're the parents of a non-muslim teenage boy in a young offenders institution who'd be harrassed and bullied. Don't know what the answer is though tbh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:11 am

Tess I completely agree with you that it is very worrying because we have most of our extremists together in prison facilities, will be a place where they can intimidate other prisoners due to their numbers and like I said more should be done to stop this process.
Not sure of the answer here also to be honest, but clearly there is massive problems within the prison system.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:30 am

BigAndy9 wrote:30th March 2014

Is it because we're islamophobic?  Should they be there?  Should we release them all because they are innocent?

The dramatic rise has prompted calls on British authorities to investigate whether Muslims are being treated harshly by the police and the courts.

Mizanur Rahman, a spokesman for the organization Muslim Prisoners described Islamophobia and racism among police officers as the main reasons behind the increasing number of Muslim inmates.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/03/29/356402/number-of-muslims-in-uk-prison-doubles/
The opposite seems to be the case:

Tens of thousands of teenagers are avoiding being punished for crimes by simply saying sorry – even to girls they have raped.

Figures obtained by The Mail on Sunday show that more than 30,000 young people who admitted crimes including sexual assault, violence, possession of hard drugs and carrying guns have escaped prosecution over the past year.
Instead, they have just apologised or tried to make amends. It means they do not have to go to court, risk jail or a fine, and do not receive a criminal record.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2592533/30-000-teenagers-avoid-prison-just-saying-sorry-girls-raped.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:34 am

Tesstacious wrote:

The opposite seems to be the case:

Tens of thousands of teenagers are avoiding being punished for crimes by simply saying sorry – even to girls they have raped.

Figures obtained by The Mail on Sunday show that more than 30,000 young people who admitted crimes including sexual assault, violence, possession of hard drugs and carrying guns have escaped prosecution over the past year.
Instead, they have just apologised or tried to make amends. It means they do not have to go to court, risk jail or a fine, and do not receive a criminal record.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2592533/30-000-teenagers-avoid-prison-just-saying-sorry-girls-raped.html

As seen the people getting off are mainly white people, as 20% more Black and Asian receive prison sentences than whites for the same crimes Tess.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/courts-are-biased-against-blacks-with-white-offenders-less-likely-to-be-jailed-for-similar-crimes-says-official-report-8959804.html

Catch up later

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:43 am

Please discuss.

A new report shows the number of Muslims in UK prisons has more than doubled over the past decade, as some analysts link the rising figure to Islamophobia.

Statistics provided by Britain’s Ministry of Justice show there are currently about 12,000 Muslims in UK prisons.

According to the statistics, Muslims represent 4.7 percent of the population in England and Wales, yet 14 percent of prisoners in England and Wales are Muslim.

The figures show that the number of Muslim prisoners has risen from 5,502 (7.7 percent) in 2002 to 11,729 in 2013 (14 percent).

“Young Muslim men are under the official gaze from their school days onwards – they have the lens of the state turned on them. Certain populations can become suspect populations in the eyes of the law enforcement agencies,” said Muzammil Quraishi, a senior lecturer in criminology and criminal justice at Salford University.

I'm quite shocked to be honest...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:35 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:

Please discuss.

I'm quite shocked to be honest...

Shocked that people could be implying they are in prison because we are all RACIST?

Or shocked that so many muslims turn to crime, even in England?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:41 pm

Poor Andy lying again, no some people recognise that the justice system has racism within it and that there is a bias in sentencing which would explain some of the discrepancy. Other factors that could explain the discrepancy is the rise with Islamic extremism in the world, this no doubt has played a part in radicalizing some Muslims, again an area which is being worked on to counter radical view points, though still much more is needed to be done. Again another element is the age group factored in with social elements.

These are valid reasons Andy, what you do is present stats and say nothing in regards to why. Its like you are just posting something and saying "there you go Muslims are bad news for the country" all this based off prisons stats, when that is not an understanding if all Muslims are bad or why the stats at present are like this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:42 pm

Didge wrote:Poor Andy lying again, no some people recognise that the justice system has racism within it and that there is a bias in sentencing which would explain some of the discrepancy. Other factors that could explain the discrepancy is the rise with Islamic extremism in the world, this no doubt has played a part in radicalizing some Muslims, again an area which is being worked on to counter radical view points, though still much more is needed to be done. Again another element is the age group factored in with social elements.

These are valid reasons Andy, what you do is present stats and say nothing in regards to why. Its like you are just posting something and saying "there you go Muslims are bad news for the country" all this based off prisons stats, when that is not an understanding if all Muslims are bad or why the stats at present are like this.

I'm confused didge - where am I lying?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:48 pm

You said this?

Shocked that people could be implying they are in prison because we are all RACIST?

Nobody implied that what so ever, you were telling porkies, because what was being said is that there is racism within the justice system that could exaplain "some of the discrepancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:51 pm

Didge wrote:You said this?

Nobody implied that what so ever, you were telling porkies, because what was being said is that there is racism within the justice system that could exaplain "some of the discrepancy

You seem to spend your days arguing over things people haven't said didge - making up the views for other people in order for you to be angry at them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:53 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Didge wrote:You said this?

You seem to spend your days arguing over things people haven't said didge - making up the views for other people in order for you to be angry at them.

Really, they were your words and as seen nobody claimed what you stated.

So again is not my fault if I expose your posts, maybe again you could actually add to the debate by actually talking about why we have a discrepancy here on Muslims in Jail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:57 pm

Didge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

So again is not my fault if I expose your posts, maybe again you could actually add to the debate by actually talking about why we have a discrepancy here on Muslims in Jail.

Please enlighten me didge - why do we have a discrepancy here on muslims in jail?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:58 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Didge wrote:

Please enlighten me didge - why do we have a discrepancy here on muslims in jail?

Fucking hell, read back dummy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:59 pm

Didge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

No, I'd like to tell us again, nice and clearly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:03 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Didge wrote:

I suggest you stop being a twat, because why should I repeat myself for a dummy who is too lazy to read back let alone give his own views on this.
All you are doing is showing what a copout you are and have no views on the matter, or you do have views but are too much of a coward to say what they are.

Hey ho, your choice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:05 pm

Didge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

I suggest you stop being a twat, because why should I repeat myself for a dummy who is too lazy to read back let alone give his own views on this.
All you are doing is showing what a copout you are and have no views on the matter, or you do have views but are too much of a coward to say what they are.

Hey ho, your choice

My view is that I'm worried by it all.

Your view is "don't worry - there are so many because of RACISM"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:09 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Didge wrote:

Hey ho, your choice

Another lie, no where did I state not to worry about it or that we should not worry because of racism, seriously is like debating a 3 year old, who lies through his backside because he is nothing more than a dummy.
If again you read back I stated it is a worry and if you had read back you would have seen as to why.
I am starting to think you should be crowned dummy of the week with your utterly daft and stupid answers.

So you are worried about it, that does not explain your views as why you think the stats are as they are.

Seriously if you cannot engage in adult debate, then may I suggest you switch on the tele and start watching CBBC, as that would be more to your level

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:11 pm

Didge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Another lie, no where did I state not to worry about it or that we should not worry because of racism, seriously is like debating a 3 year old, who lies through his backside because he is nothing more than a dummy.
If again you read back I stated it is a worry and if you had read back you would have seen as to why.
I am starting to think you should be crowned dummy of the week with your utterly daft and stupid answers.

So you are worried about it, that does not explain your views as why you think the stats are as they are.

Seriously if you cannot engage in adult debate, then may I suggest you switch on the tele and start watching CBBC, as that would be more to your level

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:12 pm

On that note I will back later.

Byeeee

Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:37 pm

The key issue here is how many of these Muslims in custody were Muslim at birth? There is growing evidence of forced conversions to Islam.

this is yet another occasion where our rush to appease other cultures and faiths is turning round to bite us on the arse. All prisoners should be given the same food except in cases of medical requirement. There should be the same time set aside each week for prayer/ meditation etc for all faiths.
If you want special food and the ability to worship as you wish then dont commit a crime and obey the laws of this country.
Any one found to be forcibly converting others should have their sentence doubled, see how keen they are then.

As for restorative justice, you know that austerity some claim doesnt exist? Well this is another example of its manifestation. Sod the victims RJ is cheaper than jail. Especially when its being done on the cheap and believe you me its being done on the cheap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:37 pm

Nems wrote:The key issue here is how many of these Muslims in custody were Muslim at birth? There is growing evidence of forced conversions to Islam.

this is yet another occasion where our rush to appease other cultures and faiths is turning round to bite us on the arse. All prisoners should be given the same food except in cases of medical requirement. There should be the same time set aside each week for prayer/ meditation etc for all faiths.
If you want special food and the ability to worship as you wish then dont commit a crime and obey the laws of this country.
Any one found to be forcibly converting others should have their sentence doubled, see how keen they are then.

As for restorative justice, you know that austerity some claim doesnt exist? Well this is another example of its manifestation. Sod the victims RJ is cheaper than jail. Especially when its being done on the cheap and believe you me its being done on the cheap.

excellent post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:17 pm

of course they are ALL there because the CJS is islamophobic...
at least thats what the progressives want us to believe...they would rather we turned a blind eye to whats happening....

lets face it, all that lot are NOT going to be there because they have done nothing....

if they are saying the state is watching them harder and thus catches more of their criminals then surely the problem lies with em not catching enough of OUR criminals... not with how many of them they catch.

are we looking at them closer than we were 10 years ago...is that why the figures have doubled??
is that a bad thing,

is it a case of we are finding more , or are they indeed carrying out more crimes???

thats all we need to know...and in either case...get em behind bars...and while you are at it ...catch a few more of our scroats too.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:13 pm

They are there because they are criminals who have committed serious crime/multiple crimes.

And I have heard of prisoners 'converting' to Islam because they get better treatment, better food and more time out of cells. As well as that some are bullied into it by the Muslim gang mentality and structure in jail.

GIve everyone the same treatment in prisons. No special treatment for anyone.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:02 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:They are there because they are criminals who have committed serious crime/multiple crimes.

And I have heard of prisoners 'converting' to Islam because they get better treatment, better food and more time out of cells. As well as that some are bullied into it by the Muslim gang mentality and structure in jail.

GIve everyone the same treatment in prisons. No special treatment for anyone.

Spot on.

Either way - Muslim at birth or turned Muslim because muslims get better treatment - it isn't good, is it now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:34 pm

Nems wrote:The key issue here is how many of these Muslims in custody were Muslim at birth? There is growing evidence of forced conversions to Islam.

Pretty sure nobody's born believing a religion ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:59 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Pretty sure nobody's born believing a religion ...

Aye...pretty sure a baby's first thought is..where's my source of milk!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down