NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

people with higher IQs tend to stay up later

+4
jaded fox
Tommy Monk
eddie
Raggamuffin
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

people with higher IQs tend to stay up later Empty people with higher IQs tend to stay up later

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 4:41 pm

If you have a tough time pulling your head off the pillow in the morning or settling into bed at night, it could be a sign you’re brainy.

Satoshi Kanazawa, a psychologist at The London School of Economics and Political Science has done extensive research on the connection between sleep patterns and intelligence.

His findings indicate that people with higher IQs tend to stay up later, and subsequently wake up later in the day.

http://studymagazine.com/2010/11/10/sleeping-late-sign-laziness-intelligence/

http://elitedaily.com/life/culture/night-owls-creative-intelligent/686025/

Back to top Go down

people with higher IQs tend to stay up later Empty Re: people with higher IQs tend to stay up later

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 27, 2015 5:34 pm

How come so many people go to to bed and get up at exactly the same time? Laughing

There's not a lot of difference between those times - it's not like he included people who went to bed at 9 pm or whatever.

If I had to get up at 7.20 am, I'd go to bed a lot earlier than 11.41 pm.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

people with higher IQs tend to stay up later Empty Re: people with higher IQs tend to stay up later

Post by eddie Thu May 28, 2015 11:38 pm

cheers always been a night owl
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 29, 2015 3:04 am

When left to my own devices my sleep pattern always seems to fall into a late night sleep and midday wake up.

Somewhere between 2-4am sleep to around midday-one pm wake up.

It's only the regular 8-9 hours sleep but if I have early start work, say up at 6-7am and should be sleep by 10pm ish latest, then I seriously struggle with keeping that time pattern routine, although still being the same 8 hours or so actual sleep...

Can't explain it, always had trouble getting to sleep before midnight/one o clock ish and always struggle with early mornings no matter how much sleep I've had.

Oh... and I'm a genius!!!

Laughing

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Fri May 29, 2015 10:34 am

I feel so smart. If left to my own devices I'll sleep at 4 am and wake up at 11. Though really it's just because it's quieter and I avoid most people when I keep these hours.
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 11:21 am

Tommy Monk wrote:When left to my own devices my sleep pattern always seems to fall into a late night sleep and midday wake up.

Somewhere between 2-4am sleep to around midday-one pm wake up.

It's only the regular 8-9 hours sleep but if I have early start work, say up at 6-7am and should be sleep by 10pm ish  latest, then I seriously struggle with keeping that time pattern routine, although still being the same 8 hours or so actual sleep...

Can't explain it, always had trouble getting to sleep before midnight/one o clock ish and always struggle with early mornings no matter how much sleep I've had.

Oh... and I'm a genius!!!

Laughing

I would not jump through hoops just yet. For one, most definitely in your case:

There's no gentle way to put it: People who give in to racism and prejudice may simply be dumb, according to a new study that is bound to stir public controversy.

http://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence-social-conservatism-racism.html

And even more importantly.

Scientists debunk the IQ myth: Notion of measuring one's intelligence quotient by singular, standardized test is highly misleading.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/12/121219133334.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 29, 2015 11:48 am

Dodge you bell end... it's not racist to tell the truth about disproportionately high levels of crime by certain people or to be against mass immigration.

@ jade, I'm not trying to avoid people, I'm very sociable...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 29, 2015 11:49 am

Can we not have one thread where racism is not discussed? Rolling Eyes
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 29, 2015 11:57 am

Would be nice rags...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 12:18 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Dodge you bell end... it's not racist to tell the truth about disproportionately high levels of crime by certain people or to be against mass immigration.

@ jade, I'm not trying to avoid people, I'm very sociable...

Who brought up racism here?

Only you.

The article said:

There's no gentle way to put it: People who give in to racism and prejudice may simply be dumb, according to a new study that is bound to stir public controversy.

http://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence-social-conservatism-racism.html

You are certainly prejudiced against countless groups Tommy.
So I am not even going off the fact your poor arguments are based on racism sometimes. I am going off the fact that you have far more prejudices ( against Asians, blacks, Muslims, homosexuals etc, than the normal ones most people have against certain people (sex offenders etc).
So again this very much applies to you and anyway IQ is not a very good measure of intelligence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 12:27 pm

Tommy...if you are a genius then the world is in deep shit............

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 29, 2015 12:29 pm

Didge, you brought up racism.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 29, 2015 12:34 pm

Who brought up racism here?

Only you.

The article said:

You Are a tit sometimes dodge!!!

lol!

I have Asian friends, couple of black friends, one of my friends was black and Muslim, sadly he's dead now.

This thread is about sleep dodge...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 12:45 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
You Are a tit sometimes dodge!!!lol!:
I have Asian friends, couple of black friends, one of my friends was black and Muslim, sadly he's dead now.
This thread is about sleep dodge...

The friend argument is an argument used by people who want to claim knowledge about and/or sympathy with a group, by referring to their "friends" belonging to this group. It is commonly used to clear and absolve oneself from suspicion of racism, xenophobia or other kinds of prejudice. It is a particular form of the "Not prejudiced, but..." statement.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Friend_argument

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 29, 2015 1:39 pm

Don't be a tit dodge...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 1:41 pm

It could also be that those that stay up late don't have to get up for work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 29, 2015 1:52 pm

Nems wrote:It could also be that those that stay up late don't have to get up for work.

That is very true, and that doesn't necessarily make them more intelligent. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 29, 2015 1:55 pm

It does if they have used their intelligence to have make enough dough so as not to have to work...

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 2:04 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nems wrote:It could also be that those that stay up late don't have to get up for work.

That is very true, and that doesn't necessarily make them more intelligent. Laughing

Exactly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 2:05 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
It does if they have used their intelligence to have make enough dough so as not to have to work...

lol!

True and isn't it amazing how many of them end up on these chat forums?!

If I had any money I would be off enjoying it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 29, 2015 2:33 pm

Nems wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

lol!

True and isn't it amazing how many of them end up on these chat forums?!

If I had any money I would be off enjoying it!

So would I!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 29, 2015 2:37 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

lol!

Good point, good point. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 29, 2015 7:28 pm

It's funny -- I don't feel smart when I find myself on here at 5 in the morning with a glass of Scotch, arguing with people Smile Quite the opposite!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 29, 2015 7:30 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:It's funny -- I don't feel smart when I find myself on here at 5 in the morning with a glass of Scotch, arguing with people Smile Quite the opposite!

That'll be the effect of the Scotch. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 29, 2015 7:31 pm

It's a lot smarter than arguing in real life with people at 5am with a belly full of scotch!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 29, 2015 7:39 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:It's a lot smarter than arguing in real life with people at 5am with a belly full of scotch!!!

lol!

Particularly where I live, where people have guns Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 29, 2015 10:37 pm

I'm up late cos I'm a hooker and also very cleverish people with higher IQs tend to stay up later 1069003512
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 10:38 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:It's a lot smarter than arguing in real life with people at 5am with a belly full of scotch!!!

lol!

Isn't it time you went to bed Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 29, 2015 10:39 pm

Also why are people saying Tommy isn't smart just because he is considered racist?
(He has some very nice Asian recipes lol)

Even if he is a rAcist, he can still have an high IQ!

Also some people say they have black friends because they do?
I've said it loads of times - I grew up in and among a black crowd - doesn't mean I'm using it to win an argument!?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 11:07 pm

eddie wrote:Also why are people saying Tommy isn't smart just because he is considered racist?

I've said it loads of times - I grew up in and among a black crowd - doesn't mean I'm using it to win an argument!?

Really not concerned whether Tommy has a high IQ or not Eddie.
It was the fact he jumped onto thread claiming he had become a genius, which I would certainly beg to differ on. Being the fact he fails to understand many concepts, one being which I posted where it is often very much the case people say they have black friends, to very much detract from their prejudice view points. To me prejudice that is born very much from ignorance is not something to write home about and the reality is you will find more people who hold many prejudice views of lesson education and reasoning. He is very much prejudiced against Blacks, Asians, homosexuals, Muslims etc,. Mainly based on arguing fear off what some do as if to cast them as lesser people than himself. View them with suspicion and whip up more fear of them based off what some do.

You do realise IQ is not a real test of intelligence, they are designed to form certain views based more on the class system we are brought up in. So you can also have intelligent people who are very much ignorant when it comes to the fact they are very much at odds with the well being and equality of people. We are all intelligent to the things we have come to learn and understand well. Many here we can see at what they best know. You do realise Hitler was viewed to be of an IQ of 141. Yet we all know from history, he had some Jewish friends when he was younger. This never stopped him from being one of the most prejudiced racist people in history and what such hate led to.

So when I say Tommy is ignorant on things like theology, history, the reality there is no such thing biologically as races and most of all his ignorance that has formed his countless prejudices. I class him very ignorant on these topics They are views formed from negative views that often to lead to hate and violence. So he came on cocky, thinking he was being smart and all I did was completely burst his bubble bringing him down a peg or two for fun. Sorry, but he never addresses many posters correctly unless he likes them.

So Tommy may or many not have a high IQ, he may even be a genius, but he as prejudiced as they come and that is the ignorance I speak of.

Last edited by Belatucadros on Fri May 29, 2015 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 29, 2015 11:07 pm

eddie wrote:Also why are people saying Tommy isn't smart just because he is considered racist?

Racism is linked with a lower IQ in studies, and racism tends to be more prevalent in people with lower IQ because it's a less intellectually complicated way of explaining the world.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 29, 2015 11:16 pm

Hmmm well. I not entirely sure that, at heart, he is actually racist, per say?
Most racists, in my opinion, will say they are and be proud of it! Not pretend they're not...if that makes sense?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 11:16 pm

Mine was a joke ......somebody had to make it

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 29, 2015 11:18 pm

eddie wrote:Hmmm well. I not entirely sure that, at heart, he is actually racist, per say?
Most racists, in my opinion, will say they are and be proud of it! Not pretend they're not...if that makes sense?

Well, we're all racist to some degree because that's how our stupid brains work, having to categorize everything ... but sure, there are closet racists and open racists. I think more are closeted -- I prefer people who say what they believe rather than try to hide it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 11:21 pm

eddie wrote:Hmmm well. I not entirely sure that, at heart, he is actually racist, per say?
i don`t think many people who are racists per`sa , think of them self`s as such

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 11:23 pm

To be honest Eddie, I think you will find its the opposite who admit they are. Only those are activists are openly racist. I have caught him out on things he has said, but its not for me to persuade you to believe either way. All that matters to me is to counter many of his poor prejudice views with reason and rational thinking. Some people are open and honest about this and respect the fact they are honest to admit. As to me when someone admits to having a problem, it is the first step to being able to change the wrong views they have, by seeing for themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 11:24 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Well, we're all racist to some degree because that's how our stupid brains work, having to categorize everything ... but sure, there are closet racists and open racists. I think more are closeted -- I prefer people who say what they believe rather than try to hide it.
I disagree ....i hate everybody equally Smile ....no seriously i disagree i can`t think of anybody I dislike/hate because of there race not one ,but i dislike a lot of people because they are ass holes

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 29, 2015 11:29 pm

korban dallas wrote:

Interesting point, I think the open, professed racists are really just acknowledging that others have told them their views sound racist. They surely think of themselves as right, or don't think of racism as negatively as other people do.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 11:34 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

Interesting point, I think the open, professed racists are really just acknowledging that others have told them their views sound racist. They surely think of themselves as right, or don't think of racism as negatively as other people do.
professed racists only tend to come out in company or situations they feel comfortable or familiar with ,you can bet the house that one racist guy walking down the street in a sea of coloured people would keep his big stupid gob shut tight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 11:42 pm

I think its very easy to spot a racist. They will argue off free speech as if to justify spouting racist derogatory comments. They neglect the fact the words are poor to use in the first place. They kid themselves into believing it is then okay to say due to free speech. It is an easy "tell," because we all know such language is wrong and the concept of "free speech" does not justify using such words, it only allows for people to use them and be hateful. Its illogical to use free speech to defend being hateful, as the concept has nothing to do with people being responsible for what they spout. 

Hence you can tell a racist from a mile away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 29, 2015 11:56 pm

It's not racist to tell the truth... in fact it's racist to hide the truth because of race...

lol!

Dodge likes to try to pin The racist badge on me so as to try to hide the truth.

Which results in some being held to a lower standard of accountability than others purely because of their race... but also all in the name of equality mind!!!

THere have been many discussions where I have posted many facts and evidence and none of which have been proven to be untrue.

THe truth is not racist.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 30, 2015 12:02 am

When it really boils down to it, would a "racist" ever walk past a dying child of a different race, and not help?
Really??
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 12:03 am

Tommy Monk wrote:It's not racist to tell the truth... in fact it's racist to hide the truth because of race...

If anyone wanted proof that Tmomy is clueless at times, there is is.
The above is illogical, because race only exists in the minds of humans, biologically and scientifically it does not exist in humans. So how can you hide the truth of something invented to define and separate people. That means there was no truth to start with, hence it cannot be racist, being as racists only exists, because they wrongly define people as different by race. 
Like I say Tommy thinks two dimensional. He fails to factor in races in humanity are a human invented concept, as humans are all one race. So Tommy has yet to actually see the truth himself.

Laters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 12:05 am

eddie wrote:When it really boils down to it, would a "racist" ever walk past a dying child of a different race, and not help?
Really??

Yes some would and yes many have..
Just look at what happened to many ethnic groups by the Nazi's.

Last edited by Belatucadros on Sat May 30, 2015 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 12:06 am

Belatucadros wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:It's not racist to tell the truth... in fact it's racist to hide the truth because of race...

The above is illogical, because race only exists in the minds of humans, biologically and scientifically it does not exist in humans. So how can you hide the truth of something invented to define and separate people. That means there was no truth to start with, hence it cannot be racist, being as racists only exists, because they wrongly define people as different by race. 
Like I say Tommy thinks two dimensional. He fails to factor in races in humanity are a human invented concept, as humans are all one race. So Tommy has yet to actually see the truth himself.

Laters
Xenophobic then ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 12:09 am

Belatucadros wrote:
eddie wrote:When it really boils down to it, would a "racist" ever walk past a dying child of a different race, and not help?
Really??

forget the Nazi's they are many more recent examples

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 12:13 am

korban dallas wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

Laters
Xenophobic then ?

Hi Korben

He is racist and xenophobic.
He believes races actually exist in humans scientifically and that some are inferior to others. He argues this off crime levels over the smallest fraction of time in history. All of which ignores social factors.
This is easily seen how he argues off a select time point in history on today's crime levels. Crime was far worse in the past for centuries due to religious laws and who was classed as the criminals themselves under such laws back then. All those disadvantaged because they were poor and of those who did not believe in that select God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat May 30, 2015 12:13 am

Of course not Eddie, I grew up in catford with a Jamaican family living next to me one side and a Pakistani the other, used to get home from school sometimes And my mum wasn't back from work and get called in to The Jamaican family's house, sit with them and mess about, laugh, joke etc...

There's a lovely older black woman lives a few doors from me now and I have always said hello and chatted with her, helped her carry shopping bags in etc, as I have done similar with everyone else.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 12:19 am

korban dallas wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

forget the  Nazi's they are many more recent examples

I agree, but they will always be the best example to use of where humans disregarded any human compassion. Which is odd when you really think about it based on the religious afterlife in the Abrahamic faiths. Due to the vast majority of people based on the Abrahamic scriptures  being condemned as criminals for not believing. This deity is then happy to make countless suffer eternally over something that will not effect their existence if they exist. Being as they are meant to be all powerful. 
So Eddie, some people are indoctrinated with hate and thus would allow a child to die. Historical evidence proves this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 12:26 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Of course not Eddie, I grew up in catford with a Jamaican family living next to me one side and a Pakistani the other, used to get home from school sometimes And my mum wasn't back from work and get called in to The Jamaican family's house, sit with them and mess about, laugh, joke etc...

There's a lovely older black woman lives a few doors from me now and I have always said hello and chatted with her, helped her carry shopping bags in etc, as I have done similar with everyone else.

Hitler got on with Jewish people when he was younger.
The fact that you even go into details on this, exposes your attempt to hide your true view points Tommy
You can have a friend from countless ethic groups, as seen Hitler did and we know-he was a racist as they come . Tommy still does as he often does and be very prejudiced to the invented race classification they have been given by the West.

Right that is enough for one night

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next