NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

+11
HoratioTarr
Fuzzy Zack
SEXY MAMA
nicko
stardesk
Eilzel
Tommy Monk
veya_victaous
eddie
Ben Reilly
Raggamuffin
15 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you.. - Page 17 Empty A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2015 10:03 am

First topic message reminder :

May
Luke 13:11
And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up.
Imagine being bowed over for 18 years. All you would see is the dust on the ground. That was the predicament of the woman in Luke 13. Dust was all her eyes fell on, all the time, everywhere she went, until she became dust-conscious. Thank God she finally saw the beautiful feet of Jesus, who brought her good news and raised her up.

Now, dust is the devil’s food. The Bible tells us that God cursed the devil to eat dust all the days of his life. (Genesis 3:14) Dust represents death. (Genesis 3:19) The devil wants you to be like him—to fall flat on your belly, crawl and eat dust. To eat dust is to feed on your shortcomings and lack, until you constantly feel that there is so much in your life that you need to clean up. You may not be physically bowed over, but like the woman, you become dust-conscious and life every day is a struggle.

Having a dust-consciousness also affects the way you see others. You look at people’s faults all the time. You point out their shortcomings and rake up their past failures. When you are dust-conscious, you find your relationships robbed of peace and joy.

And if you, like the woman, keep looking at the dust, before long, that inward position of dust-consciousness becomes so entrenched that you become the devil’s food because dust is what he eats. God’s Word describes him as being like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. (1 Peter 5:Cool

If you don’t want to be devoured by him, then lift your eyes above the dust! Instead of looking at your failures, look to Christ who has delivered you from every defeat. See yourself the way God sees you—righteous and holy in Christ. (Colossians 3:12; 2 Corinthians 5:21) You are not dust because you are not in and of the flesh—you are in and of the Spirit. (Romans 8:9)

My friend, the more you realize who you are in Christ, the more you will straighten up and walk the way God sees you—a new creation with His authority, power and overcoming Spirit!

Thought For The Day
Instead of looking at your failures, look to Christ who has delivered you from every defeat.

Back to top Go down

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you.. - Page 17 Empty Re: A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

Post by Guest Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:40 pm

eddie wrote:I've never put anyone on ignore. I don't see the point, besides, someone may irritate me one day but the next day they'll say something that interests me.

I must just be weird.

Indeed, some people hold childish grudges.
Some also use this as an excuse as a get out claus
Also some people yearn attention as two people on here are doing.
Look at how sassy and Rags need each other

Its Priceless

Laughing

Back to top Go down

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you.. - Page 17 Empty Re: A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:09 pm

Ephesians 5:22-24

22 Wives, obey your husbands as you obey the Lord.

23 The husband is the head of the wife, just as Christ is the head of the church people. The church is his body and he saved it.

24 Wives should obey their husbands in everything, just as the church people obey Christ.

#edds
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:18 pm

#fuckoffyouwanker

Sorry. I should have posted six posts behind you.
Thousand apologies.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:27 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:Ephesians 5:22-24

23 The husband is the head of the wife, just as Christ is the head of the church people. The church is his body and he saved it.

24 Wives should obey their husbands in everything, just as the church people obey Christ.

#edds

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Then she thought she'd have a bit of a joke and created man...

(One of the musings of 'er indoors)
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:32 pm

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in diverse places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.Mark 13.8

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.Romans 10.13

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:11 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:Ephesians 5:22-24

#edds

grin angel

Hallelujah,  brother...

Never a truer word was spoken..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:32 pm

Our Father, who art in heaven,

hallowed be thy name;

thy kingdom come;

thy will be done;

on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses,

as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.

Back to top Go down

Post by heavenlyfather Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:02 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:Our Father, who art in heaven,

hallowed be thy name;

thy kingdom come;

thy will be done;

great to know the thread survived and i love this prayer Smile
heavenlyfather
heavenlyfather
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:05 pm

heavenlyfather wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:Our Father, who art in heaven,

hallowed be thy name;

thy kingdom come;

thy will be done;

Me too HF. Smile
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:08 pm

Amen God is good .

Back to top Go down

Post by heavenlyfather Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:10 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
heavenlyfather wrote:

Me too HF. Smile

bless you ragga Smile
heavenlyfather
heavenlyfather
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:25 am

I like it when I hear it sung !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:43 am

nicko wrote:I like it when I hear it sung !

Me too I loved Cliff Richards millennium prayer he made a great job at that .

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:14 pm

From first Timothy chapter 6:

9Those who want to be rich, however, fall into temptation and become ensnared by many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction. 10For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. By craving it, some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows. 11But you, O man of God, flee from these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness.…
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17