NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When My Children Read This in 10 Years, I Hope the Hunger Crisis Is History

Go down

When My Children Read This in 10 Years, I Hope the Hunger Crisis Is History Empty When My Children Read This in 10 Years, I Hope the Hunger Crisis Is History

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2015 3:25 pm

Congratulations to Huffington Post on its tenth anniversary! Last August, just before the birth of my daughter Summer, you invited me to share my story on a subject very close to my heart - ending world hunger. I'm so grateful for that opportunity and thank you to the many Huffington Post readers who passed my story on.

Since 2009 after the birth of my son Max, I knew I had to do something to help other children and families around the world and that's when I became a volunteer Ambassador Against Hunger with the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) as well as volunteer spokesperson for Yum! Brands' World Hunger Relief effort. It's more than my story though, it's the story of millions of children and families around the world who need our help.

Last year, many of you joined me in sharing #PasstheRedCup to raise awareness for the global hunger crisis -- 805 million people, many of them children, go to bed hungry each night. And that red cup is a symbol of the meal millions of children will get through a WFP school feeding program.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christina-aguilera/when-my-children-read-this-in-10-years-i-hope-the-hunger-crisis-is-history_b_7184258.html?utm_hp_ref=good-news&ir=Good%20News

Back to top Go down

When My Children Read This in 10 Years, I Hope the Hunger Crisis Is History Empty Re: When My Children Read This in 10 Years, I Hope the Hunger Crisis Is History

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2015 3:44 pm

while we have greed we will never see an end to world hunger , it is a pity as there is more than enough to go round.

Back to top Go down

When My Children Read This in 10 Years, I Hope the Hunger Crisis Is History Empty Re: When My Children Read This in 10 Years, I Hope the Hunger Crisis Is History

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2015 3:47 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:while we have greed we will never see an end to world hunger , it is a pity as there is more than enough to go round.

If we strive to accomplish ending poverty it can be achieved.
It is going to be an uphill struggle but one we have to look positively to achieving.
If we admit defeat with such negativity, you have given up before even attempting to try.
Perceptions need changing, plus also to help societies where this is a problem, bring an end to corrupt governments etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2015 4:04 pm

Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:while we have greed we will never see an end to world hunger , it is a pity as there is more than enough to go round.

If we strive to accomplish ending poverty it can be achieved.
It is going to be an uphill struggle but one we have to look positively to achieving.
If we admit defeat with such negativity, you have given up before even attempting to try.
Perceptions need changing, plus also to help societies where this is a problem, bring an end to corrupt governments etc.

most people who have little or nothing to give agree with you mate, unfortunately those with their fortunes aren't keen on parting with it.

the growth of food banks in this country show the needy are very close yet every time yu open the news paper someone in the nhs has given themselves and extra £100 000 a year wage rise or the power companies have made billions and are still putting prices up.

the reality has always been the same the gap between the haves and the have nots is huge just how the super rich like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down