NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress

+2
Lone Wolf
veya_victaous
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 Empty Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

A Texas dad's essay about his 5-year-old daughter's rainbow-striped sundress violating the school dress code has gone viral, but the school district says rules are rules — even for kindergartners.
In a blog post for the Houston Press, titled "The Apparently Immoral Shoulders of My Five-Year-Old Daughter," writer Jef Rouner said he knew he would have to deal with "dress code shaming" eventually, but didn't expect it to happen so soon.
"Five. You get me? She's five. Cut her hair and put her next to a boy with no shirt on and she is fundamentally identical," he wrote.

http://www.today.com/parents/dads-essay-about-5-year-olds-dress-code-shaming-goes-t18266?cid=par-huffpost-gravity

Back to top Go down

Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 Empty Re: Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 04, 2015 9:52 am

Nemesis wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:The point is that the parent hasn't complained to the school, he's written a blog about it without even checking what actually happened.

So your beef is he writes a blog which many people do to moan about a school policy

Big deal, he has every right to do so and I back him in his views here because the school is being way over the top

Yes. He has every right to do so, and I have every right to say that he's an idiot for doing that. He sounds like a right plonker.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 Empty Re: Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 9:54 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

So your beef is he writes a blog which many people do to moan about a school policy

Big deal, he has every right to do so and I back him in his views here because the school is being way over the top

Yes. He has every right to do so, and I have every right to say that he's an idiot for doing that. He sounds like a right plonker.

Well your views are subjective and just as you have every right to your view I have every right to say your views are daft.

So there we are full circle on this then

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 04, 2015 9:59 am

Nemesis wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well your views are subjective and just as you have every right to your view I have every right to say your views are daft.

Well I have every right to say that your views are daft, and I think they are - in most threads.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 10:02 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Well I have every right to say that your views are daft, and I think they are - in most threads.

And yet you are unable to counter them, which would mean your position to state something you cannot prove means fro the start your position is daft and antsy.
So if you think they are, then you need to prove they are as hearsay counts for jack shit

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 04, 2015 10:03 am

Nemesis wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

And yet you are unable to counter them, which would mean your position to state something you cannot prove means fro the start your position is daft and antsy.
So if you think they are, then you need to prove they are as hearsay counts for jack shit

I have countered them, you just don't seem to understand anything - you just barge your way through most threads telling anyone who disagrees with you that they're "childish".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 10:05 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

I have countered them, you just don't seem to understand anything - you just barge your way through most threads telling anyone who disagrees with you that they're "childish".

Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 Stop-im-gonna-pee-pinned-by-lisa-mae-demedeiros

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 10:06 am

Okay go onto every thread I am debating on this morning and disprove me, so you can claim to prove your point

Good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 04, 2015 10:07 am

Nemesis wrote:Okay go onto every thread I am debating on this morning and disprove me, so you can claim to prove your point

Good luck

I'll go into threads which interest me, so don't tell me what to do. I have given my opinion in this thread, and if you don't like it, that's tough.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 10:10 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nemesis wrote:Okay go onto every thread I am debating on this morning and disprove me, so you can claim to prove your point

Good luck

I'll go into threads which interest me, so don't tell me what to do. I have given my opinion in this thread, and if you don't like it, that's tough.

PMSL again what a copout.
You just made a claim on many threads now make an excuse not to.
Stop wasting my time you irritating child

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 04, 2015 10:11 am

Nemesis wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Fuck off, you blubbering moron. Next time you flounce, why don't you just stay away?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 10:11 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Fuck off, you blubbering moron. Next time you flounce, why don't you just stay away?

Such charming words from a lady I must say.
Hilarious

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 04, 2015 10:12 am

Nemesis wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Hilarious

At least I haven't called two people here paedos - unlike you.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 10:14 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Hilarious

I only called one which I had the decency to apologise, something which you have not the decency to do.

So funny when you get your knickers in a twist and to be honest you are an ignorant fuckwit at the best of times. Wanting me to stay away shows you hate me making you look a complete arse in debates

Razz  Razz   Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 04, 2015 10:15 am

Nemesis wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I only called one which I had the decency to apologise, something which you have not the decency to do.

So funny when you get your knickers in a twist and to be honest you are an ignorant fuckwit at the best of times. Wanting me to stay away shows you hate me making you look a complete arse in debates

Razz  Razz   Razz

You said it about two people.

Are you still denying that you're Didge?

You're the ignorant one. You can't debate, you tell lies, and you're generally a bit of an arse.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 10:16 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Razz  Razz   Razz

You're the ignorant one. You can't debate, you tell lies, and you're generally a bit of an arse.

Wrong I only said it to one person on here, so lies does not become you

Anyway it gets boring trying to reason with a spoilt little brat

So I shall leave you seething as it is always fun to wind the fuck out of you as you are too easy to do so

Happy days

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 04, 2015 10:19 am

Nemesis wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Wrong I only said it to one person on here, so lies does not become you

Anyway it gets boring trying to reason with a spoilt little brat

So I shall leave you seething as it is always fun to wind the fuck out of you as you are too easy to do so

Happy days

cheers

How many times have you flounced now? Do you do that to hide the abuse which you've dished out, or because you can't get your own way? lol!

You need to grow up.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 04, 2015 6:41 pm

eddie wrote:Quill I think you're an intelligent guy but you do slag off Britain and think you're rather superior by the things you state. Some might say you're anti-British.
Now Im sure you don't want that label seeing as how "fair" you claim to be?

Eds, I don’t give a fook what you think.  You misunderstand my participation in this website.  I am not here to make your life better.  I express myself in the best way under the circumstances, and I am often direct and blunt…but get my point across.  The real question is: Why are you talking about me?  Who the fook cares about me?  This is about a father and daughter in Texas.

Nothing I say is anti-British.  I love the British.  When I am critical, it is because the Internet allows what has never been permitted before…to compare cultural personalities.  I am saddened that some in Britain have lost the personal power to be direct and get things done.

Americans are blunt, direct, and they get the job done.  They are also the strongest and wealthiest nation on earth, so there must be something to that.  Anyway, I'm not complaining.

What I have been saying is that the point Raggs makes bespeaks the contemporary British cultural personality: recessive, obsequious, and unctuous.  Every time I go to the UK lately, I encounter these attitudes.  The excuse I get is often the one you give: you are superior, brash, and too demanding.  (Fuck…that’s the way to get things done!)  But the most curious thing I hear is, I admire you for standing your ground...Brits no longer do that!

These are the same arguments Raggs puts forth.  She wants this Texas father to be recessive, obsequious and unctuous.  It’s not anti-British to point out that Americans do not behave that way…and apparently Americans are pretty successful in their ways.

The father in this story is making demands about something he dislikes in the way his daughter is being treated.  Good on him.  All I hear from Raggs is: Oh pip-pip, that’s so improper and superior and brash and tally-ho and be nice and queue-up in an orderly fashion.   Fook…you wanna get something done, grab a hammer and get to work!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 04, 2015 7:23 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Quill I think you're an intelligent guy but you do slag off Britain and think you're rather superior by the things you state. Some might say you're anti-British.

Eds, I don’t give a fook what you think.  You misunderstand my participation in this website.  I am not here to make your life better.  I express myself in the best way under the circumstances, and I am often direct and blunt…but get my point across.  The real question is: Why are you talking about me?  Who the fook cares about me?  This is about a father and daughter in Texas.

Nothing I say is anti-British.  I love the British.  When I am critical, it is because the Internet allows what has never been permitted before…to compare cultural personalities.  I am saddened that some in Britain have lost the personal power to be direct and get things done.

Americans are blunt, direct, and they get the job done.  They are also the strongest and wealthiest nation on earth, so there must be something to that.  Anyway, I'm not complaining.

What I have been saying is that the point Raggs makes bespeaks the contemporary British cultural personality: recessive, obsequious, and unctuous.  Every time I go to the UK lately, I encounter these attitudes.  The excuse I get is often the one you give: you are superior, brash, and too demanding.  (Fuck…that’s the way to get things done!)  But the most curious thing I hear is, I admire you for standing your ground...Brits no longer do that!

These are the same arguments Raggs puts forth.  She wants this Texas father to be recessive, obsequious and unctuous.  It’s not anti-British to point out that Americans do not behave that way…and apparently Americans are pretty successful in their ways.

The father in this story is making demands about something he dislikes in the way his daughter is being treated.  Good on him.  All I hear from Raggs is: Oh pip-pip, that’s so improper and superior and brash and tally-ho and be nice and queue-up in an orderly fashion.   Fook…you wanna get something done, grab a hammer and get to work!

Stop talking shit. Your use of "tally-ho" suggests that I'm in favour of hunting with dogs for a start - which I'm not.

Of course one should queue up in an orderly fashion - do you go into shops and stride up the counter demanding to be served in front of everyone else?

The father in this story sounds like an attention-seeking arse to me. Instead of politely asking the school why the dress was inappropriate, he decided to show off all over the internet for his own purposes, which are probably nothing to do with the dress the girl was wearing.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 04, 2015 7:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Stop talking shit. Your use of "tally-ho" suggests that I'm in favour of hunting with dogs for a start - which I'm not.

Of course one should queue up in an orderly fashion - do you go into shops and stride up the counter demanding to be served in front of everyone else?

The father in this story sounds like an attention-seeking arse to me. Instead of politely asking the school why the dress was inappropriate, he decided to show off all over the internet for his own purposes, which are probably nothing to do with the dress the girl was wearing.

Who’s talking shit? Hunting with dogs? Rolling Eyes

The father? He grabbed a hammer and is getting the job done. Notice he’s not asking for your approval.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 04, 2015 7:35 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Stop talking shit. Your use of "tally-ho" suggests that I'm in favour of hunting with dogs for a start - which I'm not.

Who’s talking shit?  Hunting with dogs?   Rolling Eyes

The father?  He grabbed a hammer and is getting the job done.  Notice he’s not asking for your approval.

"Tally-ho" is a hunting expression - in case you didn't know.

I'm not asking for the man's approval to give my opinion either. He put himself out there, and the little girl, and he's clearly attention seeking. Perhaps you admire that?

It's interesting that you think standing your ground is a good thing - I thought you hated the stand your ground laws. Cool
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 7:37 pm

No he is speaking out against a stupid school policy which effects his daughter.
Damn right that is attention seeking for all the right reasons, for his own daughter, who he is placing first here

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 04, 2015 7:40 pm

Why do people read rules, sign them to say they accept them, and then complain about them later?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 7:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Why do people read rules, sign them to say they accept them, and then complain about them later?

Maybe you should ask some blacks who lived under Apartheid?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 04, 2015 7:45 pm

Raffamuffin wrote:It's interesting that you think standing your ground is a good thing - I thought you hated the stand your ground laws. Cool

Oh, now you are into mixing metaphors?

I know the fox-huntiing reference...but why do you have to go there? Stick to the point.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 04, 2015 7:56 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raffamuffin wrote:It's interesting that you think standing your ground is a good thing - I thought you hated the stand your ground laws. Cool

I know the fox-huntiing reference...but why do you have to go there?  Stick to the point.

You used a fox hunting reference when posting about me, which I find offensive. If you don't want me to comment on that, don't use that reference. You bang on about "personal power", so use your own personal power to control your own posts and stop blaming me for what you posted.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 04, 2015 8:07 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I know the fox-huntiing reference...but why do you have to go there?  Stick to the point.

You used a fox hunting reference when posting about me, which I find offensive. If you don't want me to comment on that, don't use that reference. You bang on about "personal power", so use your own personal power to control your own posts and stop blaming me for what you posted.

Eh...blow it out your ass! How's that for personal power? Razz

When I say 'why do you have to go there(?)' I am pointing out that that you are arguing with an expression, and creeping away from the point. The real point about 'tally-ho' is that you are resorting to mindless British character, with your rules and queues.

This Texas father is just trying to protect and teach his daughter in the good old American way. As I said, Good on 'em!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 04, 2015 8:14 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Eh...blow it out your ass!  How's that for personal power?  Razz

When I say 'why do you have to go there(?)' I am pointing out that that you are arguing with an expression, and creeping away from the point.  The real point about 'tally-ho' is that you are resorting to mindless British character, with your rules and queues.

This Texas father is just trying to protect and teach his daughter in the good old American way.  As I said, Good on 'em!

If your idea of personal power is to be a dickhead on a forum, I feel sorry for you.

I will "go there" if you use an expression about me which I find offensive. The expression has nothing to do with mindless character, British or not - it's used when people go after a defenceless creature which cannot defend itself.

This "American way" doesn't sound very useful to me, and it doesn't sound like a good way to teach a child anything apart from how to gob off before actually speaking to the people who made the rules.

Do you not queue up in the US then? You go into a shop and treat it like a free for all? How rude.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 04, 2015 8:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Why do people read rules, sign them to say they accept them, and then complain about them later?

Because they're ignorant and stupid.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 10:35 pm

Original Quill wrote:

pffft...i spend plenty of time on here standing my ground...then you dont like it and retreat into your lefty slurs....you do make I larf

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 04, 2015 10:36 pm

Does anyone believe that British people actually say that to Quill?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon May 04, 2015 11:23 pm

Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464 Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464 Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464 Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464 Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464 Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464 Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464

I Didn't know tally-ho was a fox hunting reference i thought it was just a rich Englishman saying
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue May 05, 2015 4:50 am

veya_victaous wrote:Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464 Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464 Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464 Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464 Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464 Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464 Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464

I Didn't know tally-ho was a fox hunting reference i thought it was just a rich Englishman saying

Wiki wrote:The phrase tally-ho is a largely British phrase, which originated from the activity of foxhunting, and other forms of hunting with hounds, shouted when a rider or follower sees the fox (or other quarry). Today the term has evolved to have other meanings, most of which relate to 'pointing out' or 'spotting' a 'target'.

Raggamuffin wrote:I will "go there" if you use an expression about me which I find offensive. The expression has nothing to do with mindless character, British or not - it's used when people go after a defenceless creature which cannot defend itself.

If you want to be a ditz and appear ignorant go ahead.  I'm just trying to keep you (and the thread) on course.  You stray off and argue with expressions, metaphors and examples...and you effectively give up the point and I win.

I was giving you a string of parallelism in order to give you a sense of the silly British slogans that the worst of Brits come out with.  The very point is that your argument carries you into the kind of rote officiousness that sounds like that.  Rules, queues and proper British spelling.  Anything else?

You say the father should have taken issue with the rules when he signed up his daughter.  Of course, you are anticipating that father is an attorney, aren't you?  Otherwise, that is just another feckless, ex post facto argument that will inevitably lose in a court of law.  If three-quarters of the enrolling students questioned the rules on day one, the school would close. A much better alternative would have been to ask the parents in advance to sit down a modernize all of the rules, bringing them into the 21st-century.

That is about all you give us...but for your salacious devotion to rules, you have no rational argument against the silly prohibition that prevents a darling little girl from wearing a darling little dress.  Maybe you should sit next to her in class so you can learn how to be cute, while you are introduced to the idea of questioning mindless authority.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2015 7:31 am

If Dad had a problem with the school he should have taken it up with the school.
I don't understand this attention seeking need some people have to live their lives on social media.
It always strikes me as the ultimate act of a narcissist.
Agree with Rags man is an arse

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 05, 2015 7:41 am

Original Quill wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464 Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464 Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464 Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464 Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464 Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464 Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464

Wiki wrote:The phrase tally-ho is a largely British phrase, which originated from the activity of foxhunting, and other forms of hunting with hounds, shouted when a rider or follower sees the fox (or other quarry). Today the term has evolved to have other meanings, most of which relate to 'pointing out' or 'spotting' a 'target'.

Raggamuffin wrote:I will "go there" if you use an expression about me which I find offensive. The expression has nothing to do with mindless character, British or not - it's used when people go after a defenceless creature which cannot defend itself.

If you want to be a ditz and appear ignorant go ahead.  I'm just trying to keep you (and the thread) on course.  You stray off and argue with expressions, metaphors and examples...and you effectively give up the point and I win.

I was giving you a string of parallelism in order to give you a sense of the silly British slogans that the worst of Brits come out with.  The very point is that your argument carries you into the kind of rote officiousness that sounds like that.  Rules, queues and proper British spelling.  Anything else?

You say the father should have taken issue with the rules when he signed up his daughter.  Of course, you are anticipating that father is an attorney, aren't you?  Otherwise, that is just another feckless, ex post facto argument that will inevitably lose in a court of law.  If three-quarters of the enrolling students questioned the rules on day one, the school would close.  A much better alternative would have been to ask the parents in advance to sit down a modernize all of the rules, bringing them into the 21st-century.

That is about all you give us...but for your salacious devotion to rules, you have no rational argument against the silly prohibition that prevents a darling little girl from wearing a darling little dress.  Maybe you should sit next to her in class so you can learn how to be cute, while you are introduced to the idea of questioning mindless authority.

Do you have any idea how pathetic you sound? Saying that that stupid man should go to court over a dress? I think a court would tell him to read the rules next time, and to just buy the kid a t-shirt and keep the "darling little dress" for other places.

You should really stop blowing your own trumpet and making out that you're representative of Americans - you're giving them a bad name.

Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464 Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464 Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress - Page 2 3489511464
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 05, 2015 8:08 am

Nems wrote:If Dad had a problem with the school he should have taken it up with the school.
I don't understand this attention seeking need some people have to live their lives on social media.

You get these sort of people everywhere: they don't take responsibly for their own actions (signing an agreement then going against it) and then moan all over the Internet to get a bit of fame.
He only had to contact the scool authorities and/or governing body; what's he teaching his child? Let's flout the rules darling even though we agreed to them?
Horrible man.

I mean these are the sort of people that sue McDonald's because it "made them fat" Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2015 9:06 am

eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:If Dad had a problem with the school he should have taken it up with the school.

You get these sort of people everywhere: they don't take responsibly for their own actions (signing an agreement then going against it) and then moan all over the Internet to get a bit of fame.
He only had to contact the scool authorities and/or governing body; what's he teaching his child? Let's flout the rules darling even though we agreed to them?
Horrible man.

I mean these are the sort of people that sue McDonald's because it "made them fat" Rolling Eyes

Point 1) Lets put this into perspective, he moaned about how the rules were being applied to a 5 year old wearing a dress. Thus it is more about how the school is applying its rules and if those rules are in fact negative, of which they certainly are.

Point 2) You yourself have come onto this forum seeking advice about a friend who has done things you are not happy with, how is it any different from him complaining about the school being over zealous in its application of the rules?

Point 3) The point is I do sympathize with him, the school is in fact sexulizing a 5 year old girl in the form that shoulders being shown is in some way sexually bad to the point it is bad practice for a child to wear around other children the point being missed here. That is a rule that is over the top for children of such a young age.

Point 4) Everyone has a right to whinge on the web as we all do, whether it be in the form of forums, Twitter, facebook etc, so why is he being singled out because his point was so agreed with it went national?

Point 5) If people think he is wrong to moan about this on the web, then nobody has a right to moan about anything on the web. Its called bloody freedom of speech, of which he has every right to express.

Point 6) If you wish to back rules and not ever question rules that is up to you, but even if Ben introduce a rule that was unfair and biased to some posters, then I would rightly question this also.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 05, 2015 9:45 am

I'm afraid in this topic, we will have to agree to disagree.
If you sign an agreement then you are consenting to follow the rules.

And as for posting for advice about a friend....this is a tiny forum, no one was named, hardly the same thing.

Oh and you often tell posters to "follow the rules" on here Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2015 9:53 am

eddie wrote:I'm afraid in this topic, we will have to agree to disagree.
If you sign an agreement then you are consenting to follow the rules.

And as for posting for advice about a friend....this is a tiny forum, no one was named, hardly the same thing.

Oh and you often tell posters to "follow the rules" on here Rolling Eyes

Again you are missing the point, where again rules can be applied poorly which everyone has a right to complain about.
The point in question about your friend was to show that it is easily done to bring up something that really bothers us and thus to judge others when we do the same is wrong. He had every right to complain the school was being over zealous in the applications of its rules.
Yes I have told people to follow the rules when they are fair of which they are, which is different to if they were unfair, of which if they were unfair I would rightly challenged them

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 05, 2015 9:57 am

What's with the "of which" all the time?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue May 05, 2015 4:18 pm

Well, perhaps he did.  I think he did what he had to in order to get his point across.  Who's afraid of a little 'light of day'?

Those who would hide, that's who. It s strange that the school has no rebuttal.

The man's a hero, and a rare father.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue May 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Do you have any idea how pathetic you sound? Saying that that stupid man should go to court over a dress? I think a court would tell him to read the rules next time, and to just buy the kid a t-shirt and keep the "darling little dress" for other places.

You should really stop blowing your own trumpet and making out that you're representative of Americans - you're giving them a bad name.

You are talking about me and not addressing the subject.  So, you don't disagree with me?  You could be more graceful, but at least you are forthright, if begrudging, in your loss.

I wish all fathers would take up the cause and be involved in their daughter's lives like this.  With such support and security she is going to go far.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 05, 2015 4:53 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Do you have any idea how pathetic you sound? Saying that that stupid man should go to court over a dress? I think a court would tell him to read the rules next time, and to just buy the kid a t-shirt and keep the "darling little dress" for other places.

You are talking about me and not addressing the subject.  So, you don't disagree with me?  You could be more graceful, but at least you are forthright, if begrudging, in your loss.

I wish all fathers would take up the cause and be involved in their daughter's lives like this.  With such support and security she is going to go far.

Says the idiot who made several posts about me instead of addressing the issue.

She'll go far alright - straight out of school when she's older and starts dissing the teachers and breaking all the rules because her father taught her to do that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue May 05, 2015 5:04 pm

eddie wrote:

Horrible man.

What is the sudden love of contract, Eds?  No doubt it was a contract of adhesion:

Cornell Univ. Law School wrote:Definition. [A contract of adhesion is] a astandard form contract drafted by one party (usually a business with stronger bargaining power) and signed by the weaker party (usually a consumer in need of goods or services), who must adhere to the contract and therefore does not have the power to negotiate or modify the terms of the contract.

Contracts of adhesion are some of the many ploys that tricksters try to play on the unsuspecting public.  They are loved by Republicans and conservatives because they screw the little guy. Courts look upon contracts of adhesion with disfavour, and if there is a question of interpretation (as there is here) courts will generally invalidate the contract.

It is telling that the school objects to subjecting their standard contract to the light of day...as in taking it to the Internet.  For that is what happens when you go public...you open up the truth for everyone to see.  If you object to publicity, it is a tacit admission that you are doing something wrong.

Last edited by Original Quill on Tue May 05, 2015 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2015 5:07 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Well, perhaps he did.  I think he did what he had to in order to get his point across.  Who's afraid of a little 'light of day'?

Those who would hide, that's who.  It s strange that the school has no rebuttal.

The man is a big girls blouse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue May 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Nems wrote:The man is a big girls blouse.

What is that? It sounds naughty.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue May 05, 2015 5:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:What's with the "of which" all the time?

Shocked   Simple rule of grammar: Don't end your sentences in a preposition.  How far did you get in school, anyway?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 05, 2015 5:21 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:What's with the "of which" all the time?

Shocked   Simple rule of grammar: Don't end your sentences in a preposition.  How far did you get in school, anyway?

Further than you probably.

Why are you making this all about me again?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 05, 2015 5:22 pm

Nems wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Those who would hide, that's who.  It s strange that the school has no rebuttal.

The man is a big girls blouse.

With a thing about frocks. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue May 05, 2015 5:28 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Because you are very weird. It's unusual that one doesn't know 4th-grade grammar.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 05, 2015 5:30 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Because you are very weird.  It's unusual that one doesn't know 4th-grade grammar.

That's rich coming from someone who wants some daft bloke to go to court over a frock. lol!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next