NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sturgeon To Make Manifesto Offer To The North

5 posters

Go down

Sturgeon To Make Manifesto Offer To The North Empty Sturgeon To Make Manifesto Offer To The North

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:13 am

The SNP is attempting to persuade voters in England it can be trusted with public spending if it wins a large block in Westminster.

By Faisal Islam, Political Editor

The SNP will offer to help the North of England "rebalance Britain" as it makes manifesto pledges about public spending south of the border for the first time, Sky News has learnt.

Nicola Sturgeon's party will promise to be "natural allies" of MPs in the North with pledges of increased spending on infrastructure – specifically high-speed rail.

There will also be promises over infrastructure spending in Wales, and a commitment on UK-wide health spending.

It comes as David Cameron warned a deal between the SNP and Labour, which would put Ed Miliband in power, was a "frightening proposition".

The party, which is tipped to win as many as 52 seats at the General Election making it a significant force in the House of Commons, will present its eagerly awaited manifesto today.

It will say: "While a strong London is good for the UK, also having a strong Cardiff, Newcastle and Leeds is even better."

Senior SNP sources said: "The north of England would be another big winner from SNP success in Scotland."

They added that a "strong team of SNP MPs" in Westminster would help "rebalance the UK - both politically and economically - from the chronic over-dominance of the City of London, which has harmed the overall UK economy and left regions of England neglected".

The SNP's ambitions for the rest of the UK outside Scotland, might provide more fuel for the Conservatives.

The Tories have made the possibility of a Labour government supported by the SNP a central plank of their campaign for a majority with a number of attack adverts, including a new one on Sunday depicting Mr Miliband as Ms Sturgeon's puppet.

http://news.sky.com/story/1467977/sturgeon-to-make-manifesto-offer-to-the-north
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting and as it happens Doncaster is technically still Scottish  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2760467/Doncaster-technically-Scotland-signed-900-years-ago-never-formally-given-back.html

Back to top Go down

Sturgeon To Make Manifesto Offer To The North Empty Re: Sturgeon To Make Manifesto Offer To The North

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:10 pm

aye and yer can keep wee miss Krankey...all to y'sens

we once built a wall to keep you lot out.... Razz

Back to top Go down

Sturgeon To Make Manifesto Offer To The North Empty Re: Sturgeon To Make Manifesto Offer To The North

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:23 pm

Why does she need to convince voters in England of anything?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:29 pm

Because the silly moo wants people to vote for a labour/SNP coalition....

so SHE can make milipede dance the highland jig...

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:33 pm

darknessss wrote:Because the silly moo wants people to vote for a labour/SNP coalition....

Oh I see. I wonder what the Scots who vote SNP will think of that. They won't want to be associated with any deals with Labour will they? That would mean associating with England too much.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:24 pm

i wonder how many votes the snp would get if they ran a candidates in England
And why people and the major party's only say the snp could be bad for England
they could be good for England just as well as bad  

both major party's  have a brass neck because nether one of them has been good for England or Scotland so far

but hey it seems ok for English voters to affect the Scottish people
but when the shoes on the other foot  the tory`s and labour they want to take there ball back

Last edited by korban dallas on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
darknessss wrote:Because the silly moo wants people to vote for a labour/SNP coalition....

Oh I see. I wonder what the Scots who vote SNP will think of that. They won't want to be associated with any deals with Labour will they? That would mean associating with England too much.
i suspect the election is going to be a disaster for both lab and cons who have both ruled out snp backing so expect a another general election 6 months to a year after this one

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Why does she need to convince voters in England of anything?
she doesn`t rags but the snp are the king makers this time round since both con and lab are pretty much done in Scotland at the moment

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:30 pm

korban dallas wrote:i wonder how many votes the snp would get if they ran a candidates in England

both major party's  have a brass neck because nether one of them has been good for England or Scotland so far

but when the shoes on the other foot  the tory`s and labour they want to take there ball back

I suspect that a lot of English people see the SNP as being indifferent to what happens to them, with good reason.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:35 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

A lot of Scots who voted SNP are ex labour voters so i suspect they will be ok with labour
and NSturgon has asked labour to join forces with them but milliband to stupid to realise that`s the only way he will get in to number 10

and lets face it a labour PM and a SNP deputy PM would no doubt please both country's and keep Cameron out of number 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:41 pm

korban dallas wrote:i wonder how many votes the snp would get if they ran a candidates in England

I'll have to dissagree with you there Korban

the SNP are a bunch of EU loving tree hugging lefties, they are more "leftified" than labour in fact....

YEUK no thanks....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

I suspect that a lot of English people see the SNP as being indifferent to what happens to them, with good reason.
good reason ?
i am not sure about that rags

SNP Have Done More for Scotland in Seven Years Than Labour Have Done in Seventy

extract from below link

Scotland is a very much better place today with the SNP fighting austerity cuts from London, than it would have been with so-called 'Scottish' Labour 'fighting for Scotland'. Capitulation on a massive scale would have seen even Scotland's water sold off by 'Scottish' Labour to London.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/alan/snp-labour_b_6113762.html

But i don`t think the Scots are indifferent to the English just fed up with the the English ran government and remember lot of scots live in England

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:46 pm

Sturgeon don't give a fcuk about England she's all about what she can get for Scotland. It's a great pity the scots didn't win the vote for home rule.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:47 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

good reason ?

extract from below link

Scotland is a very much better place today with the SNP fighting austerity cuts from London, than it would have been with so-called 'Scottish' Labour 'fighting for Scotland'. Capitulation on a massive scale would have seen even Scotland's water sold off by 'Scottish' Labour to London.

But  i don`t think the Scots are indifferent to the English just fed up with the the English ran government and remember  lot of scots live in England

Yeah, with good reason - the clue is in the name of the party. Laughing

The SNP only cares about Scotland, and voters in England know that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:51 pm

darknessss wrote:

I'll have to dissagree with you there Korban

the SNP are a bunch of EU loving tree hugging lefties, they are more "leftified" than labour in fact....

YEUK no thanks....
nothing wrong with being a lefty or for that matter a righty
i want rid of nukes for example not because i am a "lefty " but because we don`t need them and i don`t like them
i think education should be free at the point of delivery.
Education is the bedrock of a successfully society and a good path to economic stability

the SNP know that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
good reason ?

extract from below link

But  i don`t think the Scots are indifferent to the English just fed up with the the English ran government and remember  lot of scots live in England

And the tory`s only seemingly care about England
At least labour party which actually started in Scotland i believe, had both country's interests at heart ( in the past anyway ) that why Scotland was mostly labour

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:06 pm

nicko wrote:Sturgeon don't give a fcuk about England she's all about what she can get for Scotland.  It's a great pity the scots didn't win the vote for home rule.
and the same could be said about the tory`s Niko at least from a scots point of view ,and yes it was a great pity

ironic really during the referendum they couldn't help them self`s from begging the Scots to vote No
Now the scots are being treated as they allways are, as second class citizens who are out to destroy the English and vilified

the fact Cameron and milliband bribed the Scots and then basically moved the goal posts after they won
is what the Scots expect from a English government been that way for hundreds of years

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:19 pm

And actual just like the SNP a lot of English voters want out of the EU
so it`s hardly a Scottish only issue or a wholly Scottish aspiration  
hence Cameron is being badgered to call  for a vote in the country for such a move
and if people didn`t want Scottish influence in west minister they should have let hem devolve
and Cameron would have been a shoe in this election in England

basically lab and the cons want there cake and eat to it all

tuff
they made there bed time to lie on it

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:29 pm

korban dallas wrote:And actual just like the SNP a lot of English voters want out of the EU
so it`s hardly a Scottish only issue or a wholly Scottish aspiration  
hence Cameron is being badgered to call  for a vote in the country for such a move
and if people didn`t want Scottish influence in west minister they should have let hem devolve
and Cameron would have been a shoe in this election in England

basically lab and the cons want there cake and eat to it all

tuff
they made there bed time to lie on it

Spot on KD. Cameron begged for Scotland to stay and play a full part in the Union. That was fine when the SNP only had half a dozen seats but strange that it changes when they may have a whole load more.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:28 am

Everybody knows Irn be careful what you wish for ....you just might get it. along with any unintended consequences of that wish .

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:08 am

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

At least labour party which actually  started in Scotland i believe, had both country's interests at heart ( in the past anyway ) that why Scotland was mostly labour

You were asking what would happen if the SNP stood in England though. A lot of people in England might admire the way the SNP sticks up for Scotland, but unless they changed their name and became a UK party, I doubt many people in England would vote for them because they've made it clear that they only care about Scotland.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:31 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

At least labour party which actually  started in Scotland i believe, had both country's interests at heart ( in the past anyway ) that why Scotland was mostly labour

You were asking what would happen if the SNP stood in England though. A lot of people in England might admire the way the SNP sticks up for Scotland, but unless they changed their name and became a UK party, I doubt many people in England would vote for them because they've made it clear that they only care about Scotland.

Well, there are plenty of parties that don't really worry about everyone, right? Like the Tories and the Republicans Razz
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:34 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well, there are plenty of parties that don't really worry about everyone, right? Like the Tories and the Republicans Razz

That's very true Ben & why the good guys like me are voting UKIP.

UKIP.......The party that cares.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:01 am

Shady wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

You mean their care of people who hold similar views, a minority of the population, which is not really caring about the majority 85% of the nation is it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:10 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

so its the name that bothers them .....?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:53 am

Nemesis wrote:
Shady wrote:

You mean their care of people who hold similar views, a minority of the population, which is not really caring about the majority 85% of the nation is it?

I'm still trying to help you but you don't help yourself by posting inane rubbish.

You must realize that I can't stop posters laughing at you behind your back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:01 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes, but that's not based on geography, and there's no nationalism involved. The only reason a person in England would vote for the SNP would be to keep one of the other parties out, but that wouldn't work because they're unlikely to get enough votes to make a difference.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:03 am

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

so its the name that bothers them .....?

Well partly, yes, of course. Why would someone in England want to vote for a party called the "Scottish National Party"? The name itself implies that England can get stuffed, no? Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:50 am

Shady wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

I'm still trying to help you but you don't help yourself by posting inane rubbish.

You must realize that I can't stop posters laughing at you behind your back.

If you cannot laugh at yourself of which I can then you have no humour and am happy if people do laugh at me, that makes no bearing on me or my views.
It just seems you are too bitter and as seen because you view others as subhuman you clearly have many anger issues, with way too much hate for others.
So thanks for the divergence of opinion, but the reality is 15% agree with UKIP and not 85%, its about time you respected the majority view and start to question why your views are not the majority.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by nicko Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:15 am

I enjoyed your history lesson, but unfortunately the last bit showed your leftist rubbish.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down