NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are some things so darn lovely??

+2
captain
eddie
6 posters

Go down

Why are some things so darn lovely?? Empty Why are some things so darn lovely??

Post by eddie Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:49 pm

I succumbed and bought a box of sainsburys mini toffee yum yums No

See! This is why I don't buy them!! I keep nipping into the kitchen to eat one. They are fatty and calorific and so bloody moreish!!!

It should be against the law to sell them. Sad
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Why are some things so darn lovely?? Empty Re: Why are some things so darn lovely??

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:03 pm

as a (totally) disreputable rabbi once said....

Oh god ...if you didnt want us to eat bacon sarnies why oh WHY did you make them taste so good?

Back to top Go down

Why are some things so darn lovely?? Empty Re: Why are some things so darn lovely??

Post by eddie Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:05 pm

darknessss wrote:as a (totally) disreputable rabbi once said....

Oh god ...if you didnt want us to eat bacon sarnies why oh WHY did you make them taste so good?

Exactly Vic Sad
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:09 pm

eddie wrote:I succumbed and bought a box of sainsburys mini toffee yum yums No

See! This is why I don't buy them!! I keep nipping into the kitchen to eat one. They are fatty and calorific and so bloody moreish!!!

Chin up Eddie, it happens sometime. The point is for the vast amount of time, you do not succumb, which takes great will power, so I look to the positives in that, in how you clearly get through far more days , than just this one.

Why are some things so darn lovely?? 2089010162

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:49 pm

Brasidas wrote:
eddie wrote:I succumbed and bought a box of sainsburys mini toffee yum yums No

Chin up Eddie, it happens sometime. The point is for the vast amount of time, you do not succumb, which takes great will power, so I look to the positives in that, in how you clearly get through far more days , than just this one.

Hahahahaha it's like you're talking about heroin!! lol!

You're right though didge.....I am certainly brave and righteous not to succumb to those sugary sticky delights too often......

So..... One for the road!! cheers
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:59 pm

eddie wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Hahahahaha it's like you're talking about heroin!! lol!

You're right though didge.....I am certainly brave and righteous not to succumb to those sugary sticky delights too often......

So..... One for the road!! cheers

Enjoy it Eddie, no harm in indulging once in a blue moon.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:17 pm

Embarassed Me too, sainbureys cream cakes got me a few times over the past year. Then I sort of did not like the taste of their carrot cake and cream éclairs any more. I think the last failing was the chocolate éclair, as the cream was reducing on my tongue I got this taste of fish. Mad Can this be for real or just me being paranoid. My latest naughty food is dark chocolate from tesco, Ecuadorian 74%, it gives me a bit of a kick start when feeling sluggish or just tired.

Last edited by captainJane on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:13 am

Hi cap jane

I think someone told me that our taste buds change every 7 years - shall have to check that out!

I like green and blacks chocolate! At the moment they do a very thin dark chocolate and also a salted caramel one......scrumptious!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:43 pm

eddie wrote:Hi cap jane

I think someone told me that our taste buds change every 7 years - shall have to check that out!

I like green and blacks chocolate! At the moment they do a very thin dark chocolate and also a salted caramel one......scrumptious!

Hey eddie. Wink Yes, I heard the same thing about taste buds, oddly enough.

Green and blacks, have been going for a while. Not that that gives me any great confidence, just look at Cadburys they have been bought out, so for the first time since they were ever created I will not be eating the little cadbury cream eggs any more. I do not think I am alone because these eggs seem to be remaining on the shelves a lot longer than they used to.
Will take a look at the green and blacks, because I want to know which salt and what, if anything will they be adding to their caramel? Up until a few years ago I made caramel from the sweetened milk, for ages I would simmer it in hot water in the tin. What a Face If only I knew then what I know now. There is some nasty crap in that sweetened milk, not to mention the bloody tin.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:39 pm

I have to pretend that I am deaf when I hear the chimes of the ice-cream van, problem is , it don't work . I still hear them and send the wife out for two 99s.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:56 pm

And why is Echo Falls White Zinfandel so bad for you when drunk icy cold on a warm sunny evening in the garden , it tastes sooooooo good.
I guess it is the second bottle that is bad for you.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:10 pm

captainJane wrote:

Green and blacks, have been going for a while. Not that that gives me any great confidence, just look at Cadburys they have been bought out, so for the first time since they were ever created I will not be eating the little cadbury cream eggs any more. I do not think I am alone because these eggs seem to be remaining on the shelves a lot longer than they used to.
Will take a look at the green and blacks, because I want to know which salt and what, if anything will they be adding to their caramel? Up until a few years ago I made caramel from the sweetened milk, for ages I would simmer it in hot water in the tin. What a Face If only I knew then what I know now. There is some nasty crap in that sweetened milk, not to mention the bloody tin.

Hahahaha the things we ate when we were kids anyway Jane! We are stil here so don't worry too much

I like green and blacks milk chocolate the best - it's in a blue wrapper
Also the almond milk chocolate is divine!!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:12 pm

Handy Andy wrote:And why is Echo Falls White Zinfandel so bad for you when drunk icy cold on a warm sunny evening in the garden ,  it tastes sooooooo good.

I can't tolerate wine anymore Sad
It literally poisons me. I get terrible aches and pains and a bad stomach
Shame, I used to love white wine in the summer.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:05 pm

eddie wrote:
Handy Andy wrote:And why is Echo Falls White Zinfandel so bad for you when drunk icy cold on a warm sunny evening in the garden ,  it tastes sooooooo good.

I can't tolerate wine anymore Sad
It literally poisons me. I get terrible aches and pains and a bad stomach
Shame, I used to love white wine in the summer.

@Andy. Don't know why but a bit suspicious about Zinfandel, the rose' really made me ill, as did the "cool water" from the Witherspoon, the latter caused great pain for over a month. Red wine on the other hand has helped me, yet we were told it was a bad thing to drink. Still trying to find the best wine, on Chile wine just lately, red of course. "Cadelsillero Diablo"
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:48 pm

Weird. but I have a sweet tooth, Rose is the only wine I drink regularly at home -- but I am not adverse to a decent Shiraz or Merlot with a plump, juicy sirloin steak.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:28 pm

I like red wine - a Rioja is my favourite....I miss drinking it.

A wine snob I used to know swore on any wine by sainsburys Taste the difference range or Tescos Finest.
Apparently among wine snobs, these are considered to be very nice and good value for money.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:36 pm

Can't drink anything alcoholic now unless I eat first, get a really bad tummy ache so I very rarely bother.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:10 pm

You need to eat whilst you're drinking....crisps nuts grapes raw mushrooms....
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:16 pm

Doesn't work for me, I have stricture at the top of my tummy from having bulimia many years ago and without the lining of a meal I'm in trouble, so not worth the effort unfortunately.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:27 pm

Ah right well that's different I guess.
Alcohol doesn't agree with me really, because I eat such a good diet it sort of "poisons" me, but once a week I let go and have a good few whiskeys, which are good for the soul lol

Never knew you had bulimia. Sorry to hear that.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:33 pm

Went through a stupid phase, joined a weight loss class, because I was doing well they pushed me, so I started starving myself and sticking my fingers down my throat, ridiculous thing to do. Paying for it now, plus it messed up my metabolism. Don't worry, long time ago and only for about a year, luckily I came to my senses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:34 pm

wine...Meh......

now Calvados....yes.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:37 pm

Oh shurrup, used to love Calvados!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:35 am

darknessss wrote:wine...Meh......

now Calvados....yes.....

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Calvados......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....especially in Normandy and if it is a "special" under the counter home brewed that you get if you stay in the restaurant long enough and talk bad French with the chef/owner. Mais Oui.

I cannot do red wine, never have but I do like the white zinfadel....my new fav is pinot gris from Oregon called Adelsheim.....delish...
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:37 am

captainJane wrote:

You two should try Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares Bar, Dark and Sea Salt Caramel....I am not a great chocolate lover but this is realllllllyyyyyyyy good
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:39 am

What about Tunnock's Caramel Wafers?

Why are some things so darn lovely?? Z
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:40 am

Irn Bru wrote:What about Tunnock's Caramel Wafers?

Why are some things so darn lovely?? Z

poor Mr. C.....we don't find them over here very often
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:47 am

Oh this thread is soooooooooooooooooooo unfair!!!! Sob!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:49 am

If anyone starts talking about proper bangers, pork pies, square sausage and wheaten bread I will die...then I will come back and haunt yer ass.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:55 am

Remember the TV advert....

McKellar Watt for Meatiness

Why are some things so darn lovely?? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSP8e7Dfy00nGAjGilMsA56rYxMgAeB4hwxyPlEoNIoomAAaLvu9w

Shut now.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:56 am

Well, OH had a box of Arbroath Smokies sent down by a friend the other week, and they are the only fish I hate. Just don't like the texture although I love all other fish. Half filled our freezer, had to get him to give a lot away to his mates, he wasn't amused lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:56 am

strike one Irn Why are some things so darn lovely?? 3755771736
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:57 am

Don't encourage him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:00 am

Right, going to bed before you start talking about something else nice I shouldn't have! Night all.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:22 am

Fig roll biscuits. Mmmmmmmmm.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:03 am

Roast Rabbit, and Toblerone, [not together]
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:56 am

nicko wrote:Roast Rabbit,      and  Toblerone,   [not together]

Actually......coulld work!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:51 pm

Try it eddie and let me know how long you were bending over the bog! [toilet] for the yanks.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:11 pm

eddie wrote:Fig roll biscuits. Mmmmmmmmm.

they're ok......I much prefer squashed fly biscuits (Garibaldi)
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:25 pm

Rabbit and pigeon burgers

smoked rabbit and pigeon sausages with thyme

roast haunch of vennison in red wine

drool......

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:40 pm

darknessss wrote:

drool......

hmmmmm gonna have to take your word for these dishes
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:23 pm

darknessss wrote:

drool......

Do you make your own sausages and burgers Victor? Why are some things so darn lovely?? Sausag10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:11 pm

I certainly do FTL and my own bacon

and smoke it ....

NO no ...NOT in a roll up Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:12 pm

smoked vennison sausage...

YUM.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm

darknessss wrote:I certainly do FTL and my own bacon

and smoke it ....

NO no ...NOT in a roll up Laughing

I love proper sausages, have you ever thought of branching out?? cheers  x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down