NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four members of same family arrested at Manchester airport in Syria terror inquiry

4 posters

Go down

Four members of same family arrested at Manchester airport in Syria terror inquiry Empty Four members of same family arrested at Manchester airport in Syria terror inquiry

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:43 am

A further four people have been arrested at Manchester airport on suspicion of terrorism after nine members of the same family were stopped by Turkish authorities on the Syria border. Those arrested on Wednesday morning are aged between 22 and 47. Their arrests follow those of Waheed Ahmed, the 21-year-old son of Labour councillor Shakil Ahmed, at Birmingham airport on Tuesday and a 31-year-old man at a property in Rochdale. Officers are working to establish their reason for travel and apparent attempted entry into Syria earlier this month, Greater Manchester Police said.
The five adults and four children who had travelled to Turkey are from the same family and currently living in Rochdale. The four children are now wards of court.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11537138/Four-members-of-same-family-arrested-at-Manchester-airport-in-Syria-terror-inquiry.html

Okay, why is it this story is mssing so many points here.

Why again Rochdale?
Why again a Labour councillor is supposedlly clueless to countless memeber of his own immediate family are all ISIS supporters.
Which branch of Islam does he follow?
Is it Wahhabism?
Why is none of these questions being asked and if they are all connected?
Is he also then responsible if he is a follower of Wahabbism, if he then is instrumental in them being supporters of ISIS?

Back to top Go down

Four members of same family arrested at Manchester airport in Syria terror inquiry Empty Re: Four members of same family arrested at Manchester airport in Syria terror inquiry

Post by eddie Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:11 am

Indeed. This needs looking into

Would like some labour supporters' opinions on this?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Four members of same family arrested at Manchester airport in Syria terror inquiry Empty Re: Four members of same family arrested at Manchester airport in Syria terror inquiry

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:23 am

Well first you would have to know why they were going and who they wanted to get to. Assad is a monster who has committed atrocities against his own people, some of the opposition and simply fighting him, and some are monsters themselves. Do they have relatives there they want to help, as many people do. Where they going for humanitarian reasons or to join terrorists? Did they have a caseful of cash or a caseful of bandanges? The situation in Syria is much too complicated for soundbites. There are many monsters in Syria and many civilians with no way out being starved and bombed to extinction with people desperate to help them. I don't think taking guesses at why people are going is much help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:37 am

There you have it, a lefty appeaser to extreme ideology tries to justify Muslims with no connection to the conflict other than their religion, to go and join groups committing atrrocities against each other. This is my whole poiunt here with the left burying their heads in the sane ignoring that normal people not in the armed forces do not go to fight in another country where they have utterly no connection to. They poorly attempt to justify groups joining based off no crimes being committed to the individuals. Again all roads lead back the to the religion and the ideologies. The clear fact is it is no small leap from Wahhabism to ISIS ideolgy, it is the same, just the later more extreme. Thus the religion and the ideology is being used to entice and indoctrinate Muslims and the left wish to ignore this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:44 am

So again points still stand, as to why 9 members of a family, of which 6 have been arrested under the terrorism act.

Okay, why is it this story is mssing so many points here.

Why again Rochdale?
Why again a Labour councillor is supposedlly clueless to countless memeber of his own immediate family are all ISIS supporters.
Which branch of Islam does he follow?
Is it Wahhabism?
Why is none of these questions being asked and if they are all connected?
Is he also then responsible if he is a follower of Wahabbism, if he then is instrumental in them being supporters of ISIS?

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:45 am

Again I have to agree with didge.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:24 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:I trust the non-Muslims going to fight against Isis are treated appropriately under the same laws, NOT!

Funny that.

Are they a threat to the UK?
Do they hold an extreme ideology at odds with the British culture and laws?
Behave, again they should not be going out either, but lets be honest how many people are we talking about here?
Less than 10?
You seem to be excusing people that are holing extreme views at odds with British society, why are you trying to deflect from this problem, which effects the Muslim community as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:33 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Are they a threat to the UK?
Do they hold an extreme ideology at odds with the British culture and laws?
Behave, again they should not be going out either, but lets be honest how many people are we talking about here?
Less than 10?
You seem to be excusing people that are holing extreme views at odds with British society, why are you trying to deflect from this problem, which effects the Muslim community as well.

They are still breaking the law. But not treated under the same laws. That's my problem.

Well this indivdual maybe a Muslim, but was going to fight ISIS and was arrested.
Who is to say any of the individuals that return are not arrested also?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/13/british-teenage-girl-charged-kurdish-forces-fighting-isis

Do you know any who have returned and not been arrested that are Non-Muslim?

Again all of which is ignoring the fundemental issue of those being indoctrinated with extremism in this country and here its claimed under the very nose of a Labour Councillor, if you can believe that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:34 pm

Actually she may not even be a Muslim, as she is just of Kurdish descent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:24 pm

I'm always curious: what were they arrested for?  We have so many euphemisms floating around in the press, that as a lawyer I am instinctively suspicious of terms like "on suspicion of terrorism".  I remember my oldest daughter was a holy terror on one airplane ride; would she qualify today?

So, seriously now, what were they arrested for?  I am particularly wary of laws in the UK, as you guys don't have a constitution...you are that much closer to totalitarian influences (as they say in Arkansas, up shit creek without a paddle lol).  And believe me, that's a slippery slope, as we saw in the Bush administration here.  At least during those dark years, we had a road map of fundamental wrongs, even if politicians let Bush and Cheney go free.

So all of this cavalier language about 'arrested for terrorism' means nothing to me, and indeed raises my instincts that something is wrong.  (Bye-the bye, I think sassy has some of those same instincts didge, so don't be too dismissive.)  I just wish the press would take the time to jot down the specific laws so we could look them up...they are all there on the Internet (eg: they casually speak of 'computer laws' when it wouldn't be so hard to say, 'Computer Misuse Act of 1990' now would it?).

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:33 pm

Basically Quill, if you are going to Syria you get arrested.

This might help:

http://www.met.police.uk/Syria/booklet.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:46 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Well this indivdual maybe a Muslim, but was going to fight ISIS and was arrested.
Who is to say any of the individuals that return are not arrested also?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/13/british-teenage-girl-charged-kurdish-forces-fighting-isis

Do you know any who have returned and not been arrested that are Non-Muslim?

Again all of which is ignoring the fundemental issue of those being indoctrinated with extremism in this country and here its claimed under the very nose of a Labour Councillor, if you can believe that.

Yes, British mercenaries did join Isis and returned without arrest. I can't post links via iPad so you can google it yourself.

I suggest you post up the evidence because why was this girl arrested then Zack?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:52 pm

Sass wrote:This might help:

http://www.met.police.uk/Syria/booklet.pdf

Yes, I have seen similar travel warnings, with respect to many countries.  The one you provide offers only one-sided views...not until the end of the second section does it mention that the problem could be the UK government, and then only casually.  But that is what I am talking about.

When the press says 'they were arrested on charges of terrorism' there can be a thousand different meanings, including some pretty nefarious stuff (as we found out with the Bush/Cheney cabal).  That's what I object to.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down