NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland's new drink-driving law is so successful it's damaging the economy, according to Bank of Scotland report

4 posters

Go down

Scotland's new drink-driving law is so successful it's damaging the economy, according to Bank of Scotland report  Empty Scotland's new drink-driving law is so successful it's damaging the economy, according to Bank of Scotland report

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:56 am

Scotland’s tough new drink-driving law is proving so successful at stopping people from indulging that it is damaging financial growth, according to one of the country’s top economists.

A Bank of Scotland report published yesterday said it had been a “poor month” for the private sector of the country’s economy. The bank’s chief economist, Donald MacRae, said the new drink-driving law was partly responsible as it had forced people to alter their drinking habits.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/scotlands-new-drinkdriving-law-is-so-successful-its-damaging-the-economy-according-to-bank-of-scotland-report-10173764.html

Back to top Go down

Scotland's new drink-driving law is so successful it's damaging the economy, according to Bank of Scotland report  Empty Re: Scotland's new drink-driving law is so successful it's damaging the economy, according to Bank of Scotland report

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:24 pm

The only time I was really drunk and drove in Scotland, was after a big dinner in Glasgow. Got lost in the suburbs, going back to the hotel near the university.

Cop gave us directions. Rolling Eyes Seriously.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Scotland's new drink-driving law is so successful it's damaging the economy, according to Bank of Scotland report  Empty Re: Scotland's new drink-driving law is so successful it's damaging the economy, according to Bank of Scotland report

Post by Irn Bru Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:51 am

Original Quill wrote:The only time I was really drunk and drove in Scotland, was after a big dinner in Glasgow.  Got lost in the suburbs, going back to the hotel near the university.

Cop gave us directions.  Rolling Eyes  Seriously.

Aye, and our roads are not quite like your roads Quill. Ours are a wee bit narrower and a wee bit bumpier as well.

But on the other hand they're a wee bit more interesting as well.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:28 am

Yes, they were narrower. I was up on a hill, in the suburbs, trying to get down to Great Western. Cop was nice.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:04 am

Original Quill wrote:Yes, they were narrower. I was up on a hill, in the suburbs, trying to get down to Great Western.  Cop was nice.

Hahahaha everyone's nice when you're drunk Scotland's new drink-driving law is so successful it's damaging the economy, according to Bank of Scotland report  2108625937
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:00 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Yes, they were narrower. I was up on a hill, in the suburbs, trying to get down to Great Western.  Cop was nice.

Hahahaha everyone's nice when you're drunk Scotland's new drink-driving law is so successful it's damaging the economy, according to Bank of Scotland report  2108625937

That is so true. Scotland's new drink-driving law is so successful it's damaging the economy, according to Bank of Scotland report  1481518877
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:04 pm

Got back to the hotel, didn't I? That's my definition of nice. Lol

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:49 pm

Original Quill wrote:The only time I was really drunk and drove in Scotland, was after a big dinner in Glasgow.  Got lost in the suburbs, going back to the hotel near the university.

Cop gave us directions.  Rolling Eyes  Seriously.

So you admit to DUI????

cop should have arrested you and had you chucked out of the country on the first available flight (after being fined a suitably massive amount)

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:20 am

The cop was probably drunk as well Quill and when he heard your accent it's a wonder he didn't give you a wee song like

Haste ye back, we loo you dearly.
Call again, you're welcome here.
May your days be free from sorrow,
And your friends be ever near

Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:16 am

Irn Bru wrote:

The cop was probably drunk as well Quill and when he heard your accent it's a wonder he didn't give you a wee song like

Haste ye back, we loo you dearly.
Call again, you're welcome here.
May your days be free from sorrow,
And your friends be ever near

Laughing

That's exactly what he said. But I thought he was giving me directions to the hotel. I never learned how to speak glaswegian. Aren't they related to the haggis?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down