NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drink-driving mother jailed for overturning car with toddler in back

+5
'Wolfie
veya_victaous
eddie
magica
Syl
9 posters

Go down

Drink-driving mother jailed for overturning car with toddler in back Empty Drink-driving mother jailed for overturning car with toddler in back

Post by Guest Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:25 pm

A drink-driving mother who smashed into a concrete roundabout island and launched her car 14ft into the air while her toddler was in the back has been jailed.

Tania Chikwature, 32, was more than three times the drink-drive limit when she lost control of her Nissan Qashqai as she drove to a wake, Peterborough Magistrates' Court heard on Monday.

The defendant drank vodka the night before and a vodka bottle was found in the car, said Corinne Soanders-Silk, prosecuting.

A lorry driver who witnessed the crash said he did not think those in the car would survive it, and that the car cleared the roundabout and hit a tree before landing on its roof.

Chikwature's 20-month-old son was unhurt in the crash which was captured on dashcam footage as she illegally overtook a lorry on the approach to a roundabout on the A606 in Peterborough.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/10/drink-driving-mother-jailed-overturning-car-toddler-back/

Back to top Go down

Drink-driving mother jailed for overturning car with toddler in back Empty Re: Drink-driving mother jailed for overturning car with toddler in back

Post by Syl Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:33 pm

Utter madnesss.....her baby could easily be dead....no thanks to her he isn't.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Drink-driving mother jailed for overturning car with toddler in back Empty Re: Drink-driving mother jailed for overturning car with toddler in back

Post by magica Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:07 pm

it's appalling. I saw this on internet. She could've killed herself, baby and some other driver. So lucky she didn't. Glad she got prison.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:48 pm

People should not ever, drink and drive.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:55 am

Wow
lucky the child survived
we had a similar incident down here this week with a sadder ending ( the baby died) the mother has also been jailed
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:12 am

What a Face

Poor kid...

I wonder if that crazy mother even knows who his father is ?

Hopefully, she doesn't get the child back into her care..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:02 am

The sentence was again too lenient at 26 weeks, for nearly killing her own child and endangering others.

She should have got ten years.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:02 am

eddie wrote:People should not ever, drink and drive.

We caught someone using their phone while driving the other day. My husband was driving so I got my phone out and said, "watch this". I then filmed the perp. The guy copped me filming him and shat himself. I've never seen someone drop their phone so quickly or turn so white.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:17 pm

I did the same a week ago, very satisfying isn't it?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:11 pm

The car looked as if it had taken off! It's amazing anyone survived that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:56 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:People should not ever, drink and drive.

We caught someone using their phone while driving the other day.    My husband was driving so I got my phone out and said, "watch this".   I then filmed the perp.    The guy copped me filming him and shat himself.   I've never seen someone drop their phone so quickly or turn so white.

Good for you.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:57 pm

should have got a life time ban...plus as thorin says 10 years.
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down