NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spanish couple viciously attacked in York... ‘for being foreigners’

2 posters

Go down

Spanish couple viciously attacked in York... ‘for being foreigners’ Empty Spanish couple viciously attacked in York... ‘for being foreigners’

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:10 am

Officers are treating the attack – in which a 24-year-old man was repeatedly punched and kicked for about 10 minutes – as a racially aggravated assault

Police are hunting a group of men who viciously attacked a Spanish couple in one of Britain’s most historic tourist cities – simply because they were foreign.

Officers are treating the attack in York – in which a 24-year-old man was repeatedly punched and kicked for about 10 minutes – as a racially aggravated assault.

While the man was being beaten, other members of the group held down his 29-year-old girlfriend, police say. The ordeal only came to an end when a passing taxi driver stopped to help them. The assault – which could harm the city’s reputation as a welcoming venue for holidaymakers – took place in the centre of York and just a short distance from the Shambles, one of Britain’s most visited streets.

“This is a very disturbing incident which will quite rightly shock the local community in York and those who regard the city as a friendly and safe place to visit,” said PC Sophie Wilson of North Yorkshire Police. “We are providing support to the young couple from Spain who have had their stay tarnished in the most sickening and vicious way.”

The Spanish couple were on holiday in York when they were attacked after leaving a bar in the city centre.

The man was repeatedly beaten as he staggered from New Street to Coney Street and into St Helen’s Square before the attackers broke off when spotted by a taxi driver.

The victim suffered severe injuries including a broken jaw, extensive bruising and chipped teeth. He was taken to York Hospital where he underwent emergency treatment.

All five of the group were described as white, in their early to mid-twenties and with short or shaven hair. They all spoke with English accents. One of them was described as around 5ft 7in and was wearing a short-sleeved, light-coloured T-shirt with trousers.

Police are anxious to trace anyone who witnessed the attack and are particularly keen to speak to the taxi driver who, after going to the help of the couple, disappeared.

“The victims are extremely grateful to the taxi driver for having the decency to stop and help when they were in a very frightening situation,” said PC Wilson.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/spanish-couple-viciously-attacked-in-york-for-being-foreigners-10163427.html

Ignorant bastards. When you think of all the British people that go to Spain to live or holiday. Thugs.

Back to top Go down

Spanish couple viciously attacked in York... ‘for being foreigners’ Empty Re: Spanish couple viciously attacked in York... ‘for being foreigners’

Post by eddie Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:45 pm

How do they know, apart from the fact that the couple were Spanish, that it was racial? Was anything shouted?

Also, your comment about the British people that go and live in Spain is a bit irrelevant sassy, as we could make long lists about all sorts of people and foreigners in that respect; what about all the Asian people that are invited here then form gangs and rape white girls?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Spanish couple viciously attacked in York... ‘for being foreigners’ Empty Re: Spanish couple viciously attacked in York... ‘for being foreigners’

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:05 pm

Perhaps you missed the 3rd paragraph?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:08 pm

Sounds like the attackers were the left wing fascist type which ambushed & attacked Nigel Farage & family recently.

So I guess they thought the Spanish couple were UKIPpers.

Disgusting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:12 pm

You are so pathetic, trying to be clever and failing miserably, bit like UKIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:16 pm

risingsun wrote:You are so pathetic, trying to be clever and failing miserably, bit like UKIP

Earlier today Eddie told me that you are Sassy.

I'm hoping that she's mistaken but either way,I don't want to talk to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:17 pm

Tough

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:26 pm

risingsun wrote:Perhaps you missed the 3rd paragraph?

This one?

"Officers are treating the attack in York – in which a 24-year-old man was repeatedly punched and kicked for about 10 minutes – as a racially aggravated assault"

Throughout the whole report, I see no mention of WHY the officers are treating it as racial? Am I missing something?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:35 pm

eddie wrote:

This one?

"Officers are treating the attack in York – in which a 24-year-old man was repeatedly punched and kicked for about 10 minutes – as a racially aggravated assault"

Throughout the whole report, I see no mention of WHY the officers are treating it as racial? Am I missing something?

Police only say that if there is something they know that makes it that, they try pretty hard NOT to say that on most occasions, So there is obviously something they know. Perhaps it forms part of the evidence and they don't want to release it at the moment, but they obviously know more than we do, and have a reason for treating it as such.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:10 am

risingsun wrote:
eddie wrote:

This one?

Police only say that if there is something they know that makes it that, they try pretty hard NOT to say that on most occasions,   So there is obviously something they know.   Perhaps it forms part of the evidence and they don't want to release it at the moment, but they obviously know more than we do, and have a reason for treating it as such.

That's fair enough.
Though sometimes the police assume something racial and sometimes, it's not.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:37 am

I doubt very much that the police would make a public statement that they believe it was a racially aggravated attack without having some serious evidence to support it. imo. They just need to catch the thugs that carried out this disgusting attack and put them on trial for what they did.

Here's the North Yorkshire Police statement straight off their website and it's quite clear...

http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/15270

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:41 am

The incident, which occurred in the New Street, Coney Street and St Helen's Square area between 3.40am and 3.50am on Sunday (5 April 2015), involved five men who seemingly targeted the man and woman because they are from another country.

Think that is very clear.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:47 am

risingsun wrote:The incident, which occurred in the New Street, Coney Street and St Helen's Square area between 3.40am and 3.50am on Sunday (5 April 2015), involved five men who seemingly targeted the man and woman because they are from another country.

Not being pedantic but the evidence the police have will make it clear.
If you gave that statement as your only evidence you'd be laughed out of court!
I have no idea why you said that?

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:53 am

eddie wrote:
risingsun wrote:The incident, which occurred in the New Street, Coney Street and St Helen's Square area between 3.40am and 3.50am on Sunday (5 April 2015), involved five men who seemingly targeted the man and woman because they are from another country.

I was saying that the police statement was very clear they are sure it was a racist attack.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:44 am

risingsun wrote:
eddie wrote:

I was saying that the police statement was very clear they are sure it was a racist attack.

Okay fair dos
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down