NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duncan Bannatyne: Ed Miliband gets my vote for nom-dom ban - a week after I backed Tories

Go down

Duncan Bannatyne: Ed Miliband gets my vote for nom-dom ban - a week after I backed Tories  Empty Duncan Bannatyne: Ed Miliband gets my vote for nom-dom ban - a week after I backed Tories

Post by Irn Bru Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:33 am

Duncan Bannatyne has revealed he will be voting for Ed Miliband - just a week after he backed the Tories.

The Dragons' Den star's apparent U-turn was prompted by Labour's 'courageous' ban on the nom-dom status of the super-rich.

Mr Bannatyne, 66, a previous Labour backer, was claimed as a defector last week when he signed a pro-Tory letter from 100 business leaders.

The message to the Daily Telegraph said lowering corporation tax to 20% was "good for business" and "a change in course will threaten jobs and deter investment".

It added the "Conservative-led government" had "supported investment and job creation" and it personally name-checked David Cameron and George Osborne.

But Ed Miliband's crackdown on non-domicile status appears to have changed Mr Bannatyne's tune.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/duncan-bannatyne-ed-miliband-gets-5477208#ICID=sharebar_twitter

cheers cheers cheers

The 100 business leaders are slowly drifting away from their earlier commitment.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Duncan Bannatyne: Ed Miliband gets my vote for nom-dom ban - a week after I backed Tories  Empty Re: Duncan Bannatyne: Ed Miliband gets my vote for nom-dom ban - a week after I backed Tories

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:37 am

Put it on the other thread about the non dom status, but it's bloody marvellous he's stood up to be counted!

Back to top Go down