NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organ trafficking emerges in Syria’s Damascus

Go down

Organ trafficking emerges in Syria’s Damascus Empty Organ trafficking emerges in Syria’s Damascus

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:39 am

ARA News

Gaziantep, Turkey – As the war and security situation continue to deteriorate in Syria, children’s abductions and human trafficking have become a common scene in the city of Damascus in the last few months.

The Syrian capital, which has suffered multiple crisis-related issues over the past four years, now faces an unprecedented phenomenon, that of “human organ trafficking”.

Speaking to ARA News, Nadia Kamal, mother of an 8-year-old girl in the al-Qadam neighborhood of Damascus, said: “While I was shopping with my daughter, Raghad, she asked me to let her play in the park for a while. When I came back to the park, she had disappeared.”

“I kept searching for her in every single corner of the park, but couldn’t find her,” the victim’s mother added, pointing out that she published what happened with her child online.

“Ten days later, an unidentified person send me a text message on my mobile, asking me to receive my daughter in a time and the place that they set,” Kamal (the victim’s mother) told ARA News.

“Indeed, I received my lovely daughter, but when we arrived home I noticed that they had removed her kidney,” she said, while breaking into tears.

Muhammad Ali, from Rukn al-Din neighborhood of Damascus, told ARA News that more than four children were abducted in their area recently.

“Last week, an armed group kidnapped several children, in front of their homes, from the city of Daria and then let them return. Their families reported that several organs were removed from their returning children.”

According to the United Nations (U.N), an estimated 4.25 million people are homeless inside the country ــ half of whom are reportedly children.

However, the issue of human organ trafficking “inside Syria” has not been yet put on the table of the humanitarian organizations or handled by the U.N. organizations. There is no accurate mentioning of those victimized children, who still endure the conflict inside their war-torn country, beside those who suffer exploitation in refugee camps in the neighboring countries.

The overwhelming majority of Syrian refugees are women and children. As such, they are particularly vulnerable to trafficking, exploitation and sexual abuse. Amid the lack of statistical evidence, one phenomenon that has been witnessed among the Syrian refugee population is marriage to Syrian refugee girls in exchange for money, which is a practice that is regarded by human rights activists as a form of human trafficking.

http://aranews.net/2015/04/organ-trafficking-emerges-in-syrias-damascus/

What the hell else can happen to children in Syria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Organ trafficking emerges in Syria’s Damascus Empty Re: Organ trafficking emerges in Syria’s Damascus

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:55 pm

With the situation in Syria, how any agency can protect these children I simply don't know.  The children in Syria a living in hel on earth.

Back to top Go down