NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

German Airbus A320 plane crashes in French Alps

2 posters

Go down

German Airbus A320 plane crashes in French Alps  Empty German Airbus A320 plane crashes in French Alps

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:59 am

Germanwings A320 aircraft flying from Düsseldorf to Barcelona goes down in southern French Alps, say French security sources

An Airbus A320 aircraft flying from Dusseldorf to Barcelona has crashed in the southern French Alps, according to reports.

French television reported that aircraft belongs to the German low-cost airline, Germanwings, which is wholly owned by Lufthansa.

AFP attributed the report to French security sources.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/24/german-a320-airbus-plane-crashes-french-alps

Back to top Go down

German Airbus A320 plane crashes in French Alps  Empty Re: German Airbus A320 plane crashes in French Alps

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:31 pm

I heard the plane was flying to Germany, not from. They even had a graphic showing the flight path and crash site. It was toward the end of the flight that the aircraft crashed, hence why it went down in the Alps.

It is important because the Alps are the reason why authorities cannot reach the site and retrieve the black boxes right away.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

German Airbus A320 plane crashes in French Alps  Empty Re: German Airbus A320 plane crashes in French Alps

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:35 pm

That was the very first report I put on, before they had any details.

Last edited by risingsun on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:37 pm

Yea really sad news

And why i will never fly in a aeroplane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:I heard the plane was flying to Germany, not from.  They even had a graphic showing the flight path and crash site.  It was toward the end of the flight that the aircraft crashed, hence why it went down in the Alps.

It is important because the Alps are the reason why authorities cannot reach the site and retrieve the black boxes right away.
Yes that`s correct Q as i understand it .

Last edited by korban dallas on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:38 pm

Shurrup, I'm off to Malta on 17th April with dad and brother, OH looking after dog bless, he ain't half good to me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:42 pm

risingsun wrote:Shurrup, I'm off to Malta on 17th April with dad and brother, OH looking after dog bless, he ain't half good to me!
Really have fun i have a really close friend who lives in nadur

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:43 pm

korban dallas wrote:
risingsun wrote:Shurrup, I'm off to Malta on 17th April with dad and brother, OH looking after dog bless, he ain't half good to me!

Great grandmother Maltese, so I have some places where she was brought up etc that I really want to see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:44 pm

I think I will warn my family lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:44 pm

korban dallas wrote:Yea really sad news

I"m loath to fly too, but it is because of the hassle, not because I distrust flying.

However, I am wary of the Airbus ever since that one went down over NYC in November 2001.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:46 pm

Well, don't think I'll be in an airbus thank goodness!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:47 pm

Thank goodness, yes! Have fun. Would love that trip.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:49 pm

Thank you, I'm really looking forward to it.

Back to the very sad news, from The Guardian, helicopter over the crash site, it's not going to be easy.

German Airbus A320 plane crashes in French Alps  1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:50 pm

Original Quill wrote:
korban dallas wrote:Yea really sad news

I"m loath to fly too, but it is because of the hassle, not because I distrust flying.

However, I am wary of the Airbus ever since that one went down over NYC in November 2001.
i have flow 4 times in my life
one was in to Edinburgh airport i was alone and even at 26 very very scared when the plane banked on its final approach in .
i was gripping the seat so tight my knuckles turned white

that was when i felt a hand on mine
A very nice old American lady sitting next to me an was holding my hand ,not because she was scared but because she saw i was terrified
i will never forget that and her kindness
it still sends shivers down my spine in the retelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:52 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

one was in to Edinburgh airport i was alone and even at 26 very very scared when the plane banked on its final approach in .

A very nice old American lady sitting next to me an was holding my hand ,not because she was scared but because she saw i was terrified
it  still sends shivers down my spine in the retelling  

Well bless her heart. I don't mind once we are actually up, but the going up and coming down I hate, and turbulence!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:53 pm

risingsun wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

Great grandmother Maltese, so I have some places where she was brought up etc that I really want to see.
My niece is Maltese and two of my cousins my dad and his brothers served there during the war as well

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:55 pm

korban dallas wrote:
risingsun wrote:

My niece is Maltese and two of my cousins my dad and his brothers served there during the war as well

Only place ever awarded the George Cross for bravery!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:56 pm

risingsun wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

Well bless her heart.  I don't mind once we are actually up, but the going up and coming down I hate, and turbulence!
it was a  long time ago but one of the reasons i love yanks :)Americans

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:57 pm

korban dallas wrote:
risingsun wrote:

Well bless her heart.  I don't mind once we are actually up, but the going up and coming down I hate, and turbulence!
it was a  long time ago but one of the reasons i love yanks :)Americans

Obviously made a big impression.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:58 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

How sweet of her. I've never flown into Edinburgh...always fly into Glasgow on Midlands.

I remember flying from Tucson to JFK on a 747...one of the first big ships to fly out of Tucson (pre-expansion). Full of students. Severe turbulence over Maryland. One student type wasn't used to flying along the Atlantic seaboard and she was practically screaming. Even today, people get scared.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:59 pm

risingsun wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

Only place ever awarded the George Cross for bravery!
Yup my dad was there

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:01 pm

Again from Guardian, graph showing how the altitude dropped suddenly:

German Airbus A320 plane crashes in French Alps  Germanwings_flight_profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:08 pm

It did drop suddenly.  However, someone on the aircraft had turned on the aircraft locator, although there were no distress calls.

Observers say the rapid descent showed signs indicating it was under expert control.  That's all they said.  Hence, they are anxious to see what the boxes say.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:10 am

so sad. 150 people. plane practically obliterated.

I hope they didn't a) Realise and b) suffer

RIP x
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:16 am

The speculation is that the pilots lost consciousness. There were two airports nearby, and the first thing they would have done were they in possession of their senses, was attempt to land. Remember the three rules of flying: aviate, navigate and communicate, in that order.

German Airbus A320 plane crashes in French Alps  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTN3E3Ivg6Pe7zs2ij1FWgUTk4WiR3YjRihZUHPofP-kKDEgFuBxkEelHs_

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down