NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are either Charlie or terrorist: French cartoonist

Go down

You are either Charlie or terrorist: French cartoonist Empty You are either Charlie or terrorist: French cartoonist

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:02 am

French cartoonist Zeon has defended his drawings as not anti-Semitic, but anti-Zionist, terming anti-Semitism in France “a concept made up by Zionists.”

PARIS

People are being categorized either as Charlie or terrorist in the aftermath of the Charlie Hebdo attacks in France, a French cartoonist has said.

“The environment after the Charlie Hebdo attacks is just like post-Sept. 11. You are either Charlie, or a terrorist,” Zeon said in an interview with The Anadolu Agency. After the 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S., the then President George Bush had infamously drawn the red line as “either you are with us or you are with the terrorists” at the start of his so-called war on terror campaign.

The Jewish cartoonist was arrested early March and sent to court in Paris for his alleged “anti-Zionist” drawings, in particular for a cartoon he made in 2011 that depicted a Palestinian child being stabbed by an Israeli-flag shaped knife. His arrest followed a complaint that was reportedly filed by the International League Against Racism and Anti-Semitism.

He alleged that his arrest was ignored by the mainstream French media since talking about his case would demonstrate “the contrast of my situation” after the Jan. 7 attacks on the French satirical magazine known for printing controversial material, including derogatory cartoons of Prophet Muhammad in 2006 and 2012.

Zeon said that the concept of journalistic crime was being used in France to prevent criticism of the forces ruling the country, adding that the issue of Jewish genocide was still considered a taboo in France.

Twelve people, including the editor of Charlie Hebdo and some of France’s best-known cartoonists were killed when two masked men later identified as Kouachi brothers Said and Cherif attacked the magazine’s offices.

According to Zion, some cartoons contributed to dialogue, while some like the Muhammad cartoons published by Charlie Hebdo were only drawn to insult. “They are aware that they offend a lot of people when they draw the Prophet (Muhammad),” he said.

About his own drawing that was labeled as anti-Semitic by some Jewish groups, he said, it was not anti-Semitic, but anti-Zionist, calling anti-Semitism in France as “a concept made up by Zionists.”

He went on to speculate that France, Israel and the U.S. could be behind the Charlie Hebdo attacks.  He questioned the ease with which the terrorists wandered around Paris “freely” after the attack despite surveillance cameras and alleged that French intelligence knew about the attackers.  

He also said that Israel benefitted most from the Charlie Hebdo attacks. He likened Israeli premier Benjamin Netanyahu’s visit to France after the attacks to a funeral ceremony organized by a mafia boss for his biggest enemy.

Zeon said that he, along with a group of other French cartoonists, would publish this week a work titled “I am not Charlie, and I don’t care,” hoping to approach the whole topic from a humorous standpoint.

“Our goal is to make it a balancing weight against the magazine (Charlie Hebdo),” he said.

The tagline "Je Suis Charlie or I am Charlie" had spread worldwide, mere hours after the attack that became a rallying cry of all who wished to mourn the victims and support freedom of the press and expression.

http://www.aa.com.tr/en/headline/480294--you-are-either-charlie-or-terrorist-french-cartoonist

Back to top Go down

You are either Charlie or terrorist: French cartoonist Empty Re: You are either Charlie or terrorist: French cartoonist

Post by eddie Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:53 am

Je suis Charlie.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

You are either Charlie or terrorist: French cartoonist Empty Re: You are either Charlie or terrorist: French cartoonist

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:58 am

This part is telling:

About his own drawing that was labeled as anti-Semitic by some Jewish groups, he said, it was not anti-Semitic, but anti-Zionist, calling anti-Semitism in France as “a concept made up by Zionists.”

Many Jews are Zionists, which means they are anti Jews. It is not made up but a fact. Zionism believes in a homeland and a right to that homeland based off myths, which is absurd to say the least but rhetoric against them is antisemtic in every shape and form because it seeks to delegitamise a country that does exist.
The fact is it is Jews who suffer at the end of this Rhetoric because many do not distinguish between Jews and Zionism as they take them as one and the same, which is the point many miss.
This is the worse rise of anti Jew hate we have not seen since the 1930's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:02 am

Have to say Eddie, I thought from the start the Je Suis Charlie was simply to jingoistic and simple.   Yes, I deplored what happened to them, but could not align myself with them, people who deliberately set out to offend the faith of others.   Question it as much as you like, I always do.  I would tell a Christian, no I don't believe in your God, and here's why, but would I turn a cross upside down (something that is used in devil worshop apparantely and offends Christians greatly), no I wouldn't.  But CH would have done, simply to offend.  There is nothing clever about that.  

As for Zionism, it's an idea that never started until just before 1900, and is rejected out of hand by many Jews, and many Jews fight against it and deplore it.  Even the Zionism that began has been pervented into a racism against Palestinians, and now Jews in the millions have turned against Israel for what it has done.   Only the feeble minded these days could not see the difference between Anti Zionism and Anti Semitism, You can see abve that Zeon is Jewish and anti-Zionist.   In fact, the leading figures in the Anti-Zionist Movement and the BDS movement are Jews.  The International Jewish Anti-Zionist Movement, Jews Against Genodice, Jews for Palestine etc etc etc are the people leading the way.

It's no wonder, when they have heard Israeli's leaders saying things like these:

"We came here to a country that was populated by Arabs and we are building here a Hebrew, a Jewish state; instead of the Arab villages, Jewish villages were established. You even do not know the names of those villages, and I do not blame you because these villages no longer exist. There is not a single Jewish settlement that was not established in the place of a former Arab Village." ­ Moshe Dyan, March 19, 1969, speech at the Technion in Haifa, quoted in Ha'aretz, April 4, 1969.

* "The Palestinians are like crocodiles, the more you give them meat, they want more".... Ehud Barak, Prime Minister of Israel at the time - August 28, 2000. Reported in the Jerusalem Post August 30, 2000.

* " (The Palestinians are) beasts walking on two legs." Menahim Begin, speech to the Knesset, quoted in Amnon Kapeliouk, "Begin and the Beasts". New Statesman, 25 June 1982.

* "The Palestinians" would be crushed like grasshoppers ... heads smashed against the boulders and walls." " Isreali Prime Minister (at the time) in a speech to Jewish settlers New York Times April 1, 1988.

* "When we have settled the land, all the Arabs will be able to do about it will be to scurry around like drugged cockroaches in a bottle." Raphael Eitan, Chief of Staff of the Israeli Defence Forces, New York Times, 14 April 1983.

* "How can we return the occupied territories? There is nobody to return them to." Golda Maier, March 8, 1969.

* "There was no such thing as Palestinians, they never existed." Golda Maier Israeli Prime Minister June 15, 1969.

* "The thesis that the danger of genocide was hanging over us in June 1967 and that Israel was fighting for its physical existence is only bluff, which was born and developed after the war." Israeli General Matityahu Peled, Ha'aretz, 19 March 1972.

* Ben Gurion also warned in 1948 : "We must do everything to insure they ( the Palestinians) never do return." Assuring his fellow Zionists that Palestinians will never come back to their homes. "The old will die and the young will forget."

* "We declare openly that the Arabs have no right to settle on even one centimeter of Eretz Israel... Force is all they do or ever will understand. We shall use the ultimate force until the Palestinians come crawling to us on all fours." Rafael Eitan, Chief of Staff of the Israeli Defense Forces - Gad Becker, Yediot Ahronot 13 April 1983, New York Times 14 April 1983.

* "We must do everything to ensure they (the Palestinian refugees) never do return" David Ben-Gurion, in his diary, 18 July 1948, quoted in Michael Bar Zohar's Ben-Gurion: the Armed Prophet, Prentice-Hall, 1967, p. 157.

* "We should prepare to go over to the offensive. Our aim is to smash Lebanon, Trans-Jordan, and Syria. The weak point is Lebanon, for the Moslem regime is artificial and easy for us to undermine. We shall establish a Christian state there, and then we will smash the Arab Legion, eliminate Trans-Jordan; Syria will fall to us. We then bomb and move on and take Port Said, Alexandria and Sinai." David Ben-Gurion, May 1948, to the General Staff. From Ben-Gurion, A Biography, by Michael Ben-Zohar, Delacorte, New York 1978.

* "We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, and the cutting of all social services to rid the Galilee of its Arab population." Israel Koenig, "The Koenig Memorandum."

* "Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you because geography books no longer exist... There is not a single place built in this country that did not have a former Arab population." Moshe Dayan, address to the Technion, Haifa, reported in Haaretz, April 4, 1969.

* "We walked outside, Ben-Gurion accompanying us. Allon repeated his question, What is to be done with the Palestinian population?' Ben-Gurion waved his hand in a gesture which said 'Drive them out!'" Yitzhak Rabin, leaked censored version of Rabin memoirs, published in the New York Times, 23 October 1979.

* Rabin's description of the conquest of Lydda, after the completion of Plan Dalet. "We shall reduce the Arab population to a community of woodcutters and waiters" Uri Lubrani, PM Ben-Gurion's special adviser on Arab Affairs, 1960. From "The Arabs in Israel" by Sabri Jiryas.

* "There are some who believe that the non-Jewish population, even in a high percentage, within our borders will be more effectively under our surveillance; and there are some who believe the contrary, i.e., that it is easier to carry out surveillance over the activities of a neighbor than over those of a tenant. [I] tend to support the latter view and have an additional argument:...the need to sustain the character of the state which will henceforth be Jewish...with a non-Jewish minority limited to 15 percent. I had already reached this fundamental position as early as 1940 [and] it is entered in my diary." Joseph Weitz, head of the Jewish Agency's Colonization Department. From Israel: an Apartheid State by Uri Davis, p.5.

* "Everybody has to move, run and grab as many hilltops as they can to enlarge the settlements because everything we take now will stay ours... Everything we don't grab will go to them." Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of militants from the extreme right-wing Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, November 15, 1998.

* "It is the duty of Israeli leaders to explain to public opinion, clearly and courageously, a certain number of facts that are forgotten with time. The first of these is that there is no Zionism,colonialization or Jewish State without the eviction of the Arabs and the expropriation of their lands." Yoram Bar Porath, Yediot Aahronot, of 14 July 1972.

Since then we have had Jewish leaders calling for all Palestinians to be killed, especially the mothers, so they cannot reproduce, like Ayelet Shaked, or Rabbi Yisrael calling for the complete genoicde of all Palestinians.

Unfortunately the list is endless.

I agree wholeheartedly with an anonymous quote I saw the other day, didn't have a name attached to it, but boy was it spot on:

I do not see Israel accepting any sane solution. The hatred and venom spewing out in the social media, the genocidal comments of the Israeli leaders in the press and television, make it impossible to see Israel adopt any other course than inflicting heavy damage to Gaza and itself and then withdrawing for another future round. An insane course that promises bloodletting every few years in war of attrition that Israel cannot win. Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. Israel is just the latest example

Last edited by risingsun on Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:04 am

More antisemitism.
Using Zionism as a means to direct hate at Jews.
The extreme left are the modern day Nazi's

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:10 am

Sassy I read that with interest but having free speech is not quite the same thing as inciting violence.

We all have a right, even Muslims who burn crosses in the street, to our opinons and to state them.
When you take it a step further and kill....that's not the same thing.

What's happening in Gaza has gone more than a step too far.

I defend only, the right to free speech.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:11 am

eddie wrote:Sassy I read that with interest but having free speech is not quite the same thing as inciting violence.

We all have a right, even Muslims who burn crosses in the street, to our opinons and to state them.
When you take it a step further and kill....that's not the same thing.

What's happening in Gaza has gone more than a step too far.

I defend only, the right to free speech.

So do I, but the fact that Zeon was put on trial for his cartoon, shows that 'free speech' is not allowed after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:12 am

What Sassy refuses to condemn:

• Article 1 describes Hamas as an Islamic Resistance Movement with an ideological programme of Islam.[21]
  • Article 2 of Hamas' Charter defines Hamas as a "universal movement" and "one of the branches of the Muslim Brotherhood in Palestine".[17][21][22][23]
  • Article 3 the Movement consists of "Muslims who have given their allegiance to Allah".[21]
  • Article 5 Demonstrates its Salafist roots and connections to the Muslim brotherhood. [21]
  • Article 6 Hamas is uniquely Palestinian,[24] and "strives to raise the banner of Allah over every inch of Palestine, for under the wing of Islam followers of all religions can coexist in security and safety where their lives, possessions and rights are concerned."[17][21]
  • Article 7 describes Hamas as "one of the links in the chain of the struggle against the Zionist invaders" and links the movement to the followers of the religious and nationalist hero Izz ad-Din al-Qassam.[21][23]
  • Article 8 The Hamas document reiterates the Muslim Brotherhood's slogan of "Allah is its goal, the Prophet is the model, the Qur'an its constitution, jihad its path, and death for the sake of Allah its most sublime belief."[17][21]
  • Article 9 adapts Muslim Brotherhood's vision to connect the Palestinian crisis with the Islamic solution and advocates "fighting against the false, defeating it and vanquishing it so that justice could prevail".[21]
  • Article 11 Palestine is sacred (waqf) for all Muslims for all time, and it cannot be relinquished by anyone.[21]
  • Article 12 affirms that "Nationalism, from the point of view of the Islamic Resistance Movement, is part of the religious creed" .[21]
  • Article 13 There is no negotiated settlement possible. Jihad is the only answer.[21]
  • Article 14 The liberation of Palestine is the personal duty of every Palestinian.[21]
  • Article 15 "The day that enemies usurp part of Muslim land, Jihad becomes the individual duty of every Muslim". It states the history of crusades into Muslim lands and says the "Palestinian problem is a religious problem".[21]
  • Article 16 Describes how to go about educating future generations.[21]
  • Article 20 Calls for action "by the people as a single body" against "a vicious enemy which acts in a way similar to Nazism, making no differentiation between man and woman, between children and old people".[21]
  • Article 22 Makes sweeping claims about Jewish influence and power. [21][25]
  • Article 28 Conspiracy indictment against "Israel, Judaism and Jews".[21][25]
  • Article 31 Describes Hamas as "a humanistic movement", which "takes care of human rights and is guided by Islamic tolerance when dealing with the followers of other religions". "Under the wing of Islam", it is possible for Islam, Christianity and Judaism "to coexist in peace and quiet with each other" provided that members of other religions do not dispute the sovereignty of Islam in the region.[21]

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:15 am

Brasidas wrote:What Sassy refuses to condemn:

• Article 1 describes Hamas as an Islamic Resistance Movement with an ideological programme of Islam.[21]
  • Article 2 of Hamas' Charter defines Hamas as a "universal movement" and "one of the branches of the Muslim Brotherhood in Palestine".[17][21][22][23]
  • Article 3 the Movement consists of "Muslims who have given their allegiance to Allah".[21]
  • Article 5 Demonstrates its Salafist roots and connections to the Muslim brotherhood. [21]
  • Article 6 Hamas is uniquely Palestinian,[24] and "strives to raise the banner of Allah over every inch of Palestine, for under the wing of Islam followers of all religions can coexist in security and safety where their lives, possessions and rights are concerned."[17][21]
  • Article 7 describes Hamas as "one of the links in the chain of the struggle against the Zionist invaders" and links the movement to the followers of the religious and nationalist hero Izz ad-Din al-Qassam.[21][23]
  • Article 8 The Hamas document reiterates the Muslim Brotherhood's slogan of "Allah is its goal, the Prophet is the model, the Qur'an its constitution, jihad its path, and death for the sake of Allah its most sublime belief."[17][21]
  • Article 9 adapts Muslim Brotherhood's vision to connect the Palestinian crisis with the Islamic solution and advocates "fighting against the false, defeating it and vanquishing it so that justice could prevail".[21]
  • Article 11 Palestine is sacred (waqf) for all Muslims for all time, and it cannot be relinquished by anyone.[21]
  • Article 12 affirms that "Nationalism, from the point of view of the Islamic Resistance Movement, is part of the religious creed" .[21]
  • Article 13 There is no negotiated settlement possible. Jihad is the only answer.[21]
  • Article 14 The liberation of Palestine is the personal duty of every Palestinian.[21]
  • Article 15 "The day that enemies usurp part of Muslim land, Jihad becomes the individual duty of every Muslim". It states the history of crusades into Muslim lands and says the "Palestinian problem is a religious problem".[21]
  • Article 20 Calls for action "by the people as a single body" against "a vicious enemy which acts in a way similar to Nazism, making no differentiation between man and woman, between children and old people".[21]
  • Article 31 Describes Hamas as "a humanistic movement", which "takes care of human rights and is guided by Islamic tolerance when dealing with the followers of other religions". "Under the wing of Islam", it is possible for Islam, Christianity and Judaism "to coexist in peace and quiet with each other" provided that members of other religions do not dispute the sovereignty of Islam in the region.[21]

Tbh didge I think she has you on ignore so she can't see your posts anyway.
Which is a shame as the ignore option just kills debate on a forum.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:19 am

As you obviously replied to it so I could see it, Didge has not read up on what they have said since bless him, and I will not debate with him, because he's abusive and frankly, as boring as hell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:20 am

eddie wrote:
Brasidas wrote:What Sassy refuses to condemn:

Tbh didge I think she has you on ignore so she can't see your posts anyway.
Which is a shame as the ignore option just kills debate on a forum.

I know but as much as she ignores my posts I will counter her antisemitism.
The problem is she fails to see how she actually incites violence onto Jews with her Rhetoric.
Israel is not beyond criticism and should be condemened which I do, but as seen what happens is jews are attacked from the propotion of hate directed at Israel and Zionism. They fail to see what hate they form a great part of.
So I will counter all her hate, as that is what it is, hate, which is why they do not want to discuss any of these problems.
They either try to shout down, intimidate or promote further hate.
This is their tactics, they just keep pounding the internet with the message of intolerance and hate.
I wanted to see a change in government and see problems ahead in israel but her tactics are appalling and disgusting because she fails to see Jews end up being the target of this hate and it is hate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down