NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When they tell you a living wage will bankrupt the economy, tell them this:

5 posters

Go down

When they tell you a living wage will bankrupt the economy, tell them this: Empty When they tell you a living wage will bankrupt the economy, tell them this:

Post by Guest Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:52 am

When they tell you a living wage will bankrupt the economy, tell them this: B4m4VjMIgAAb9Gl

Back to top Go down

When they tell you a living wage will bankrupt the economy, tell them this: Empty Re: When they tell you a living wage will bankrupt the economy, tell them this:

Post by eddie Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:18 am

I can't c&p on my iPad but I've just googled "how much is a Big Mac in Denmark"

It took me to nomadcapitalist.com and states Denmark is the second highest Bic Mac in the world??
And that they have high taxes and have a "fat tax"??

if that's all wrong (it does have a 2013 date on the page) then so be it, but I'm doubting the validity of that post.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

When they tell you a living wage will bankrupt the economy, tell them this: Empty Re: When they tell you a living wage will bankrupt the economy, tell them this:

Post by eddie Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:19 am

Also,checked statista.com
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:58 am

Sorry sassy that's a load of Bull. Where did you get that from?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:07 am

A big mac in Denmark costs $5.60, the min wage is much higher than here as the cost of living is very high.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:08 am

It's fact, easily accessible on the web. http://uk.businessinsider.com/denmark-mcdonalds-pays-20-hourly-wages-2014-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:11 am

BTW, it costs $5.60 which is just over £4

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:12 am

Just looked at that, they pay $20 an hour, how do they make any profit?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:16 am

Because they keep their staff and don't have such a high staff turnover, and treat them properly.  It pays, because they don't have the continual training costs.  Also Danes EXPECT decent pay, they won't tolerate companies paying peanuts.  They don't have a government that lets bosses have something for nothing and tells people asking for a decent wage that they will bankrupt the country while they live high on the hog.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:18 am

risingsun wrote:It's fact, easily accessible on the web.  http://uk.businessinsider.com/denmark-mcdonalds-pays-20-hourly-wages-2014-10

How come the two sites I found say something entirely different?
This isn't a dig at you, but I'm sure only one of these sites are true?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:49 am

What two sites and what was the difference? The costs of a burger and the wage or why Danes are paid so well?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:10 pm

risingsun wrote:What two sites and what was the difference?  The costs of a burger and the wage or why Danes are paid so well?

The cost of the burger.
I can't put links atm But did state the sites, in my posts above.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:35 pm

Just checked you first one, it says the same $5.37 which is just over £4. So the the burger is just over £1 more expensive, but they get paid nearly three times as much, and have holiday pay, sick pay and health benefit.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:12 pm

risingsun wrote:Just checked you first one, it says the same $5.37 which is just over £4.   So the the burger is just over £1 more expensive, but they get paid nearly three times as much, and have holiday pay, sick pay and health benefit.

Is there a "fat tax"?? I did read that. If that's true, I find that absurd! Shocked
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:30 pm

i think the numbers are wrong but the point is not really relevant either lots of other factors

All prices are US dollars our minimum wage is over double the USA we only cost 1 cent more for a Big Mac.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:02 am

From the Living Wage Foundation

http://www.livingwage.org.uk/what-living-wage
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:17 am

I think you're all missing the point ... you shouldn't ever pay for a Big Mac. If you're hard up for money, it's acceptable to be paid to eat a Big Mac, though Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:30 am

Didge would be saying how dare you spend your money on anything but bread and water lol

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:10 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:I think you're all missing the point ... you shouldn't ever pay for a Big Mac. If you're hard up for money, it's acceptable to be paid to eat a Big Mac, though Smile

the US big mac is illegal to sell as animal food in Australia Cool Cool Cool Cool
Same with most US fast food
Even Chillis ( i worked there as a teen it was new only just trying to make it here) had to change recipes to be allowed to sell it as food
one I remember is the mash potato
they had to reduce the butter content by 75% or legally had to call it "butter with potato" even at the rate they had (only 25% of the US recipe) they still need to point out it was buttered mash potato. Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down