NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Male domestic violence victim: 'I never imagined something like this would happen to me'

3 posters

Go down

Male domestic violence victim: 'I never imagined something like this would happen to me'  Empty Male domestic violence victim: 'I never imagined something like this would happen to me'

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:15 am

Male domestic violence victim: 'I never imagined something like this would happen to me'  Gregory5-pa

[h3]Ken Gregory suffered first and second-degree burns to over 14% of his body

The male victim of horrendous domestic abuse has come forward to show his scars, telling men: “Being attacked by a woman is nothing to be ashamed of.”

The male victim of horrendous domestic abuse has come forward to show his scars, telling men: “Being attacked by a woman is nothing to be ashamed of.”

Ken Gregory, 65, suffered first and second degree burns to 14 per cent of his body last March after his now ex-wife Teresa Gilbertson, 60, tipped a kettle of boiling water over the back of his head.

Mr Gregory, a former BT manager from Peterborough, met Gilbertson seven years ago following the death of his first wife of 30 years.

On the anniversary of her death, Mr Gregory intended to visit her grave but he and Gilbertson argued, eventually agreeing to divorce.

It was then that Gilbertson, who is now awaiting sentencing for a conviction of serious bodily harm, went to make a cup of tea but instead returned with a jug of boiling water – which she poured over her husband’s head.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/male-domestic-violence-victim-i-never-imagined-something-like-this-would-happen-to-me-10105586.html

Back to top Go down

Male domestic violence victim: 'I never imagined something like this would happen to me'  Empty Re: Male domestic violence victim: 'I never imagined something like this would happen to me'

Post by eddie Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:18 am

I would imagine whatever figures they have for this could be doubled. Many men probably don't realsie that they are being abused.

Terrible. Poor guy.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Male domestic violence victim: 'I never imagined something like this would happen to me'  Empty Re: Male domestic violence victim: 'I never imagined something like this would happen to me'

Post by nicko Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:51 am

My Wife abuses me every day, makes me make tea, do the washing up, vac the carpet, feed the cats. empty the cats litter tray ect.

I'm only joking, abuse like that man got is terrible.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:55 am

Domestic abuse, from men or women, is disgusting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:34 pm

Once again, it's not just numbers, but the intensity that matters in social causes like this.  Unaccustomed to viewing males as victims, society cannot get behind this kind of account.

Lots of people will say...Yeah, yeah, them too.  Yawn...it doesn't mean anyone really cares.  You don't see shelters being set up for abused men and fathers.  It's just a false equivalency.

Always, on these social issues...don't just measure the noise, but the silence that follows.  Cool

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:46 pm

you will note that the charge is "serious bodily harm"

the lesser of 2 possible charges

and I'm going to make a prediction here....

she will get non custodial sentence....
and a weak one at that......

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:20 pm

Domestic violence is an awful thing for the victim to go thorough and many suffer in silence.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down