NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to deal with arrogant people

2 posters

Go down

How to deal with arrogant people Empty How to deal with arrogant people

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:53 am

We have all met them, the people who tell you they are 'educating you', they tell you they are 'giving you adivce' and you are stupid if you don't take it. Whatever you say, they will convince themselves they are right, even if people are laughing at them and pitying them.

Found this on how to deal with them, I find ignoring them the best, but it might be of help to others:

How to Deal with Arrogant People

The best way to deal with an arrogant person is to understand why he is being arrogant. This may sound odd, but the truth is, as soon as you know the reason behind his arrogance you will pity him.

Arrogant people think that they are always right, they think that they know the best answers to all life problems and they think that they are better than most of the ordinary people. Arrogance is no more than a shield that covers inner emptiness and sometimes an inferiority complex.

What Causes Arrogance

Arrogance is a defense mechanism used by the subconscious mind in order to prevent further criticism. If someone had a terrible childhood and if he was hurt by others he may develop arrogance in order to prevent further criticism from hurting him, the trick usually works, because if someone criticized him he can simply devalue him and assume that he is worthless.

Arrogant behavior can be a result of feeling neglected. If someone felt that he is not getting all the attention he deserves, he may unconsciously become arrogant just to attract some of the lost attention.

Arrogant people are single minded, they either think that they are superior to others or inferior to them. This arrogant person who is intimidating you feels inferior to someone else because this is how his mind works, this arrogance may be nothing more than a way to cover this feelings of inferiority he experiences when dealing with someone else.

Good luck
http://www.2knowmyself.com/Arrogance_causes/dealing_with_arrogant_people

Back to top Go down

How to deal with arrogant people Empty Re: How to deal with arrogant people

Post by veya_victaous Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:13 am

Disagree

I am arrogant just cause I am ( I figure it's the French Blood Twisted Evil )
I know I am not always Right but am passionate and competitive so will fight to the bitter end (if I don't consciously stop myself)

it's not a very good defence mechanism as it get you into more arguments than it solves.. Isn't that Right Brasadis How to deal with arrogant people 2728977919 How to deal with arrogant people 4211521542

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=R6B9YXhZPrM

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:15 am

Arrongance only is viable if you are right, hence why people get annoyed more so and react.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:21 am

veya_victaous wrote:Disagree

I know I am not always Right but am passionate and competitive so will fight to the bitter end (if I don't consciously stop myself)

it's not a very good  defence mechanism as it get you into more arguments than it solves.. Isn't that Right Brasadis How to deal with arrogant people 2728977919 How to deal with arrogant people 4211521542

I don't think you are arrogant Veya, as you say, you are passionate and have opinions that you state very clearly. You never tell people you are trying to 'educate' them etc. You have strong views, nothing wrong with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:28 am

My Dad can be a bit arrogant, we put up with it because he is very old and can't bend in his ways anymore, had a rotten childhood and then was in the Air Force during the war.

However, a tale in our family is of one day when he was being very overbearing and my eldest daughter said 'Grandad, why are you so dogmatic' to which he replied, 'I'm not dogmatic, I'm just right'!!!!! To this day he doesn't know why we laughed about it so much.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:04 am

risingsun wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:Disagree

it's not a very good  defence mechanism as it get you into more arguments than it solves.. Isn't that Right Brasadis How to deal with arrogant people 2728977919 How to deal with arrogant people 4211521542

I don't think you are arrogant Veya, as you say, you are passionate and have opinions that you state very clearly.  You never tell people you are trying to 'educate' them etc.   You have strong views, nothing wrong with that.

So my subversion works Cool Cool Cool I am and do, but am also smart enough to realise that you have do it without them noticing.
catch more flies with honey Wink
My career includes educating people on 'how to educate people with technology' Suspect
I am always trying to educate, part of the reason I excel at my career is that I am passionate about Educating others.... and technology... so Working in Education Technology is Perfect for me. How to deal with arrogant people 2984306523 How to deal with arrogant people 2984306523 How to deal with arrogant people 2984306523 How to deal with arrogant people 2984306523

also raises another point
If you see a fault in yourself and actively try and limit it Does that mean you are not it confused
I figure I am still, because if I didn't try and be otherwise I would be scratch

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:17 am

Brasidas wrote:Arrongance only is viable if you are right, hence why people get annoyed more so and react.

this is why I see it in all your comments I'm RIGHT Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

How to deal with arrogant people Tumblrs-greatest-hits-intelligence
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:01 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Brasidas wrote:Arrongance only is viable if you are right, hence why people get annoyed more so and react.

this is why I see it in all your comments I'm RIGHT Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

I think intelligence is based around how well you understand and are willing to listen.
You contradict yourself first by saying on one thread to be as you are then in this breath claim to teach people.
You cannot make it up how mixed up your concepts are.
Again you are only bothered by arrogance when the person is right, if they are wrong then it matters not how arrogant they come across because the bigger point is that they are wrong and their arrogance is then self defeating.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:17 am

I think this thread is a tad arrogant tbh lol
How can you say you're ignoring didge then put up a thread having this little dig at him?

Sorry sassy, just saying it how it is!

I think we are all a bit arrogant at times; I find that's the nature of people on debate forums tbh
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:08 am

veya_victaous wrote:

Love the quote, how true is that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down