NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tech start-up promising (literal) turn-key solution for Internet security

Go down

Tech start-up promising (literal) turn-key solution for Internet security Empty Tech start-up promising (literal) turn-key solution for Internet security

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:54 pm

Tech start-up promising (literal) turn-key solution for Internet security Dsmb-tunnel-650x0

The problem with online privacy is that it’s a giant pain. Sure, we’d all like to protect our identities, stop hackers from intercepting our sensitive Internet activity, and keep the prying eyes of the NSA shielded from our ‘incognito mode’ sessions. But that usually involves hours of research, a bevy of settings, complicated encryption setups, and more. Who has time for all that?

You do, if the claims of a new company called “Don’t Snoop Me, Bro” pan out. In a recently launched crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo, Don’t Snoop Me, Bro hopes to finance mass production of a device it calls the DSMB Tunnel. The boxy gadget rests between your Internet line and your router to encrypt and anonymize your online activity, and it can be turned on and off with the turn of a key.

DSMB Tunnel comes pre-loaded with one year of virtual private network (VPN) service, which encrypts your Internet activity and masks your computer’s IP address, making it appear to anyone who might be watching that you are located somewhere else – another country, for example. Don’t Snoop Me, Bro, which is based in Massachusetts, says it is currently testing the ability for DSMB Tunnel users to reroute their Internet connection through 16 different countries: UK, Germany, Canada, The Netherlands, Switzerland, South Africa, several regions in the US, Russia, Ukraine, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Brazil, Chile, and Mexico.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/dont-snoop-me-bro-dsmb-tunnel/#ixzz2hLJekG00

I kind of like this! It always seems to be a game-changer when somewhat obtuse technology becomes more accessible to the mainstream.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down