NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OK, so what colors do we see the damn dress as being?!

+3
Cass
nicko
Ben Reilly
7 posters

Go down

OK, so what colors do we see the damn dress as being?! Empty OK, so what colors do we see the damn dress as being?!

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:40 pm

OK, so what colors do we see the damn dress as being?! Capture

To me, it's medium, purplish-blue and darker brown stripes. But I seem to be in a tiny minority.

If you're unfamiliar with this insanity:

http://www.salon.com/2015/02/27/what_color_is_this_dress_the_internets_curiously_civil_war_between_perception_and_fact/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

OK, so what colors do we see the damn dress as being?! Empty Re: OK, so what colors do we see the damn dress as being?!

Post by Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:42 pm

Purple-ish blue and black, and it's only a trick of light on the material when it is photographed anyway. What the hell is all the fuss about.

Back to top Go down

OK, so what colors do we see the damn dress as being?! Empty Re: OK, so what colors do we see the damn dress as being?!

Post by nicko Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:02 pm

IT's black and blue, whats the problem?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:11 pm

nicko wrote:IT's   black and blue,  whats the problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AskAQwOBvhc

In short, it largely depends on what kind of light you assume the dress was photographed in. Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:13 pm

Exactly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:30 pm

WHO BLOODY CARES ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:05 am

Cass wrote:WHO BLOODY CARES ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Temper temper OK, so what colors do we see the damn dress as being?! Angry10 lol x

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:25 am

I love it. Among the fellow teachers (and sime students) we were split equally between blue/blacks and white/golds. Me being the former for the most part.

The weirdest thing is me and two others have seen it differently at different times- which is bizarre.

I love it because it shows you cannot always trust what you see, or think you see.

Fascinating :-)
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:08 am

Eilzel wrote:I love it. Among the fellow teachers (and sime students) we were split equally between blue/blacks and white/golds. Me being the former for the most part.

The weirdest thing is me and two others have seen it differently at different times- which is bizarre.

I love it because it shows you cannot always trust what you see, or think you see.

This happened to me today, as I had always seen this as blue and black and then whilst skimming through articles on the media, I saw this today for the first time as white and gold and has had my head spinning ever since.

OK, so what colors do we see the damn dress as being?! 2794048296

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:10 am

Brasidas wrote:
Eilzel wrote:I love it. Among the fellow teachers (and sime students) we were split equally between blue/blacks and white/golds. Me being the former for the most part.

This happened to me today, as I had always seen this as blue and black and then whilst skimming through articles on the media, I saw this today for the first time as white and gold and has had my head spinning ever since.

Yeah it's kind of fair enough for some to see one thing and others to see something else- but for us to see the same thing change- wow Shocked lol!
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:12 am

Eilzel wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Yeah it's kind of fair enough for some to see one thing and others to see something else- but for us to see the same thing change- wow Shocked lol!

Well it has me completely confused mate, just looked at another news article and its back to blue and black again.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

OK, so what colors do we see the damn dress as being?! 3201073460

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:47 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Cass wrote:WHO BLOODY CARES ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Temper temper OK, so what colors do we see the damn dress as being?! Angry10 lol x

pfft.....x
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:51 pm

Cass wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

pfft.....x

Submit Corrections Cancel

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things.

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs

When the dog bites, when the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs

When the dog bites, when the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad!

Read more: The Sound Of Music - My Favorite Things (maria) Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:55 pm

Yep, that's what has happened here. The first day, I saw this beige and white dress...every time it was mentioned in the news. Never knew from what they were talking about...what blue and black? Light blue, dark blue, what?

The last two days I have only seen blue and black. I've not seen again the beige (or gold) and white combo. I figure the kind of media locks in one or the other.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:30 pm

The whole point is different people see the dress diffeently at the same time!

My son only sees it as black and blue, my OH as white and gold and I see it both ways - at different times!!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:51 pm

The alternative version....what colour is the dress???

OK, so what colors do we see the damn dress as being?! Dress10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down