NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Union leader on air meltdown defending 'drunk' tube driver

Go down

Union leader on air meltdown defending 'drunk' tube driver Empty Union leader on air meltdown defending 'drunk' tube driver

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:43 pm

A trade union leader was taken off air after repeatedly accusing the show’s presenter of beating his wife while defending a train driver who failed a breath test.
Steve Hedley, assistant general secretary of the RMT union, was asked to appear on LBC to explain why he was backing the unnamed driver who was suspended after being accused of drinking before work.
He immediately appeared to work himself up into a rage, accusing Nick Ferrari, the show’s presenter, of beating his wife.
When Mr Ferrari protested that he was a divorced man, Mr Hedley said he was making a point about being asked for a “yes or no answer,” adding: “He wasn’t drinking at work and he wasn’t drunk.
“You be very careful what you say. The breath test that he had taken showed that he wasn’t over the drink drive limit
“You’re just showing your ignorance. The breath test for London Underground shows up at about 10 per cent of the drink drive limit. The man involved has got diabetes.”
The exchange then degenerated into a shouting match, with Mr Hedley repeatedly asking:
“Have you stopped beating your ex-wife, have you stopped beating your wife?”
Mr Ferrari protested “Would you stop being offensive,” before taking him off air.
“Goodbye Mr Hedley,” the radio host said. “I just find that offensive.
Your vile and abusive stance means I never want to speak to you again.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/11405477/Union-leader-on-air-meltdown-defending-drunk-tube-driver.html

Really have to laugh at these commie Unions.

Back to top Go down

Union leader on air meltdown defending 'drunk' tube driver Empty Re: Union leader on air meltdown defending 'drunk' tube driver

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:30 pm

hmmm...without further evidence I would be careful... if he didnt fail the breath test...and is diabetic, someone could be in the shit....

moreover.....I have no sympathy for the host...the world does not revove round yes and no.....Especially in cases like this....and he has no right to press for a yes or no answer...THAT is the tactic of the coward on thin ice

That said the union chap should have kept his calm, but then again you see this is the tactic of the tory...
they know well that the union people are rarely legaly trained and are not used to such lines of agressive questioning....

me. assuming, that things are as they appear, would have turned that ignorant host inside out in 2 min flat.

I USED to be a union rep.....
the management view me with a kind of "respectful horror"

Back to top Go down

Union leader on air meltdown defending 'drunk' tube driver Empty Re: Union leader on air meltdown defending 'drunk' tube driver

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:07 pm

well.... has the shows presenter stopped beating his wife?
I think that is the question he needs to answer right now, yes or no?

Interviewer ask complex question expects yes or no answer..... either Drunk on the job or too fucking stupid to be asking questions  Rolling Eyes 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down