NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ed Miliband Told It's 'Unfair' To Call Gibraltar A Tax Haven By Its Leader

Go down

Ed Miliband Told It's 'Unfair' To Call Gibraltar A Tax Haven By Its Leader Empty Ed Miliband Told It's 'Unfair' To Call Gibraltar A Tax Haven By Its Leader

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:11 am

Gibraltar's leader has written to Ed Miliband to tell him the territory is not a tax haven.
Chief minister Fabian Picardo said it was "unfair" to characterise the place as such because it is also part of the European Union and therefore subject to the same standards as all member states.
Gibraltar was among overseas territories and crown dependencies that Mr Miliband wrote to this weekend, saying they would have six months to open their books or face international blacklisting if Labour wins the general election.
In the letter, he put them "on notice" that his government would refer any that failure to produce publicly accessible central registers of beneficial ownership - who profits from a company - to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
Mr Picardo told Sky News's Murnaghan: "I have already responded to the leader of the Opposition. I have written to him this morning.
"I'm sure he will have been very disappointed in fact that I had to read his letter in The Guardian newspaper, that I haven't in fact received his detailed communication."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/02/08/gibraltar-tax-haven-ed-miliband_n_6639838.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down