NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMMIGRATION

+3
Ben Reilly
nicko
Lone Wolf
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

IMMIGRATION - Page 2 Empty IMMIGRATION

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Schools could be pushed to breaking over the next decade by the need to provide almost a million more places for pupils, town hall chiefs have warned.

The continuing squeeze on places could lead to a "tipping point" where there is no money or space left to expand schools any further, according to the Local Government Association.

Official figures predict that there may be around 900,000 extra pupils in England's schools over the next decade.

The Association said its own analysis had concluded that it will cost £12 billion to create enough school places for all of these children.

from >>> Press Association - ‎13‎ ‎January‎ ‎2015 via that newsfeed....

Alarm at surprise fall in life expectancy amid fears that cuts and pressure on NHS may be to blame for earlier deaths

Health officials are investigating a “statistically significant, sustained” decline in life expectancy among elderly people in some parts of England, amid warnings that cuts to social care and pressures on the NHS may be contributing to earlier deaths.

Public Health England said it was scrutinising life expectancy trends following an alert from a council in the North-west of England warning it was “likely” that in many parts of the region “older people (over 85) are no longer living longer”.

An email from Blackburn with Darwen Council’s director of public health, Dominic Harrison, sent to regional colleagues and to Public Health England, said the council had seen a “sustained reduction” in life expectancy at 85 in its area. “Actual sustained cohort reductions in life expectancy such as this are now extremely unusual,” the email says.

Possible explanations for the decline include government cuts to councils’ social care budgets, a lack of capacity in the GP sector or pressure on hospitals, it adds.

The increasing strain on NHS resources

Official figures show that, in the UK, women’s life expectancy at 85 has fallen slightly in recent years – bucking the expected trends of ever-longer lifespans.

Among men, life expectancy at 85 has remained stable nationally, but the email, sent before Christmas and seen by the Health Service Journal, says that in Blackburn and Darwen there have been reductions for both men and women, as well as some signs of a reduction in life expectancy for men at 65.

Charlie Cooper

The Independent - ‎13‎ ‎January‎ ‎2015

via that newsfeed.....

Security services 'on high alert for beheading attack' in Britain in wake of Paris killings
Security services are reportedly on “high alert” for a beheading attack in Britain after online “chatter” by jihadists discussing plans to murder soldiers, police and intelligence operatives.

It is feared that extremists want to copy Isis’ killing of James Foley, David Haines, Alan Henning and other hostages last year by abducting a target and posting footage of their death on the internet, The Times reported.

Lizzie Dearden

The Independent - ‎13‎ ‎January‎ ‎2015

via that news feed......

Cancer treatments funding to end

The Government is to stop funding 25 cancer treatments as part of efforts to cut costs by £80 million.

NHS England has announced that the budget for the Cancer Drugs Fund (CDF), launched by David Cameron in 2010, will rise to £340 million in April from £280 million.

But a review carried out by doctors, pharmacists and patients' representatives has concluded that 25 of the 84 treatments currently offered by the supplementary fund should be dropped.

The prices for others have been reduced after negotiations with pharmaceutical companies, and three new drugs will be available through the fund in future.

The changes are intended to prevent the cost of the fund - originally £200 million - soaring to an estimated £420 million next year.

Press Association - ‎13‎ ‎January‎ ‎2015...via that newsfeed.....

IMMIGRATION
IMMIGRATION
IMMIGRATION Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

IMMIGRATION - Page 2 Empty Re: IMMIGRATION

Post by Guest Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:19 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
darknessss wrote:

Oh I wish they would veya.....

then we could seal the townies into their high rise hells and forget about em

If I could I would remove totally any say townies have in rural affairs.... Twisted Evil

Oh yeah -- illegal for people to own thousands of country acres they don't actually live on ... of course, it'd be a two-way street and country people would have no say in city affairs -- that would fix U.S. politics in a hurry! And kick those landed capitalist pigs right in the teeth. Together onward, comrade!

the american experience being somewhat different to the present situation in britain ...I can safely say that most people in rural areas here would go along with that....

lets face it

most power generation is in rural areas
most towns are surrounded by rural areas. (so we can tax em for good in/out)
towns can only transfer people via roads and trains that run through rural areas...so we can tax em on that....

Laughing

vive la revolution......

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:32 am

darknessss wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Your pastoral musings are beautiful, Vic.  But you are evading the question of who gets to lie in the big English garden?!

anyone who can respect it....at least on the "open" spaces...

granted us "rual" dwellers possibly get to use a bit more of it, but thats because the farmers know us and trust us to respect it...
lets face it NO farmer is going to allow every tom dick and harry open accesss to his fields...and with good reason
townies cant even be trusted to close gates they have opened, nor to control their dogs...

So, you have no problem with immigrants moving there, right? I see nothing wrong with that. I thought you were gonna say we need a lottery to determine who gets into the lift and who gets left behind.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:41 am

darknessss wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
darknessss wrote:

Oh I wish they would veya.....

then we could seal the townies into their high rise hells and forget about em

If I could I would remove totally any say townies have in rural affairs.... Twisted Evil

Oh yeah -- illegal for people to own thousands of country acres they don't actually live on ... of course, it'd be a two-way street and country people would have no say in city affairs -- that would fix U.S. politics in a hurry! And kick those landed capitalist pigs right in the teeth. Together onward, comrade!

the american experience being somewhat different to the present situation in britain ...I can safely say that most people in rural areas here would go along with that....

lets face it

towns can only transfer people via roads and trains that run through rural areas...so we can tax em on that....

Laughing

vive la revolution......

But you have the problem of movement. City people will just move into the rural areas in order to gain power over them, then vote city values into effect. And rural people won't be able to do anything about it, because they'll be outnumbered.

I can sympathize with the idea of supporting the continued existence of millions of square kilometers of wild uninhabited space, but right now the whole human population could live in Texas with less population density than what they have in NYC. So I think you're trying to address a problem that is probably still centuries down the road. (And we don't have an outback, almost all our space would support ongoing human life.)

Meanwhile, I'll leave you to consider that there's probably as much you don't know about making it in a city as city-dwellers don't know about making it in the country Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:03 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
darknessss wrote:

lets face it

Laughing

vive la revolution......

But you have the problem of movement. City people will just move into the rural areas in order to gain power over them, then vote city values into effect. And rural people won't be able to do anything about it, because they'll be outnumbered. Nope the townies will NEVER get visa to live in the country Twisted Evil

I can sympathize with the idea of supporting the continued existence of millions of square kilometers of wild uninhabited space, but right now the whole human population could live in Texas with less population density than what they have in NYC. So I think you're trying to address a problem that is probably still centuries down the road. (And we don't have an outback, almost all our space would support ongoing human life.)

well now theres a thought...send em all there....more "geeen" for me

Meanwhile, I'll leave you to consider that there's probably as much you don't know about making it in a city as city-dwellers don't know about making it in the country Smile

and I'll leave you with the thought of "why would I want to?"
cities stink
cities are noisy
cities are as far from "peace and quiet" as its possible to get
cities are full of "undesirables"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2