NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to be a miserable person (seven habits)

+2
veya_victaous
Ben Reilly
6 posters

Go down

How to be a miserable person (seven habits) Empty How to be a miserable person (seven habits)

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:00 am

Is negativity a social issue? I think it is; I see plenty of negative thoughts shaping policies and societies. I'll leave most at the source, but I had to copy-pasta the last one here:

7. You fill your conversations with gossip and complaints.

Unhappy people like to live in the past. What's happened to them and life's hardships are their conversation of choice. When they run out of things to say, they'll turn to other people's lives and gossip.

Happy people live in the now and dream about the future. You can feel their positive vibe from across the room. They're excited about something they're working on, grateful for what they have and dreaming about the possibilities of life.

This seems to come up time and time again!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tamara-star/7-habit-of-chronically-unhappy-people_b_6174000.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

How to be a miserable person (seven habits) Empty Re: How to be a miserable person (seven habits)

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:25 am

the solution to all 7 is

Don't give a fuck
How to be a miserable person (seven habits) 485fda40caa88c3634ef6965849d2042
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

How to be a miserable person (seven habits) Empty Re: How to be a miserable person (seven habits)

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:29 am

veya_victaous wrote:the solution to all 7 is

Don't give a fuck

Nice, except for one problem:

Using apathy as rationalization for a dickish action is an abuse of the live-and-let-live ethos of don't-give-a-fuckism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Don%27t-give-a-fuckism
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:44 am

can I get an amen?
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:15 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:the solution to all 7 is

Don't give a fuck

Nice, except for one problem:

Using apathy as rationalization for a dickish action is an abuse of the live-and-let-live ethos of don't-give-a-fuckism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Don%27t-give-a-fuckism

Do you want to be Nice or Happy?
Mastodon are happy creatures you know Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
How to be a miserable person (seven habits) Mastodon-dgaf-meme-generator-mastodon-don-t-give-a-fuck-374be1.jpg?1322369460

But think about it IF you truly don't give a fuck than you don't care enough to perform the dickish action in the first place Wink
Plus Like the ying yang symbol it is the eternal balance between not giving a fuck and don't be a dick

How to be a miserable person (seven habits) Veyayi10
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:16 am

How to be a miserable person (seven habits) Dirty_mattress
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:10 am

But you have to give a fuck enough to police dickishness where you see it Smile

I'll add that policing dickishness where you don't see it isn't so bad in the world of the Internet, as long as you can be sure that what you're seeing is true dickishness, and not just a van that takes stoned Australians back to safe places Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:37 am

I don't suffer from negativity. I'm a carrier. Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:53 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Cool      WALLOW in your misery, and enjoy your so-called "negativity", I say folks !!!

BIG PROBLEM with that braindead dick-licking simpleton who wrote that piece, is that through her/his ridiculous "positivity" all the time way of thinking, they will only ever "see the best" in everything..

* "1%ers", 'Robber barons', media moguls ?
* Multinational corp'ns and their push for endless "free trade" agreements ?
* Increasing pollution, climate change, deforestation, overpopulation ?
* 38 million people held in direct slavery, another 200+ million in usurious jobs and abject poverty that they can't escape from, over a billion people live in poverty, close to starvation, in warzones and refugee camps ?
* WHILE the top 5% of the world's population is growing exponentially wealthier by the year, the bottom half are being left increasingly further behind..
* Housing costs, homelessness, energy costs, food supplies, access to adequate water, are becoming increasingly problematic..
* AND all along, ordinary people and the communities that they live in, are finding themselves increasingly "marginalised" and ignored, as the environment and the world at large is being raped and pillaged by ever-smaller "elites" of business carpetbaggers, their political lapdogs, their financiers and bankers, property developers and miners, weapons manufacturers and big pharma'..
* Wars ravaging western and northern Africa and the Middle east; inhumane conditions increasing around the globe...

AND what's the message from the "positive thinking" gurus such as the author of the quoted message ?  In a nutshell "Don't worry,  be  happy !"

"... Happy people live in the now and dream about the future. You can feel their positive vibe from across the room. They're excited about something they're working on, grateful for what they have and dreaming about the possibilities of life."

Evil or Very Mad      THE author of that apologist crap is nothing more than a pathetic cargo-cultist corporatist "shill" helping to distract people from all the genuine ills affecting the world..

But even then You have to consider How to be a miserable person (seven habits) 202592697 How to be a miserable person (seven habits) 202592697 How to be a miserable person (seven habits) 202592697 How to be a miserable person (seven habits) 202592697
is that better than average for Greedy Violent Hairless apes ?? How to be a miserable person (seven habits) 265384880 How to be a miserable person (seven habits) 265384880 How to be a miserable person (seven habits) 265384880 How to be a miserable person (seven habits) 265384880

Is the need for revolution reason to miserable it seem pretty consistent over a long enough time-scale How to be a miserable person (seven habits) 2187004795
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:11 pm

Moaning occasionally is bloody good for the soul!
I am very wary of "happy boppy clappy" people!!!
They make me feel itchy, sick and like I want to punch them.

It's good to moan How to be a miserable person (seven habits) 2086560741
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:23 pm

They did study that said pessimists live longer last year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:29 pm

eddie wrote:Moaning occasionally is bloody good for the soul!

You mean something like this:

How to be a miserable person (seven habits) 2794048296

How to be a miserable person (seven habits) 3018442852

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:52 pm

OI you.....how very dare you disrespect SOM.....hush yer bad mouth.....its even better (if that's possible) when its a sing along......trust me
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:03 am

Clearly they didnt ask an expert, perhaps they should consult "eeyore"

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:04 am

Oh, I so disagree. Complaining is just such a gosh-awful way to spend a sunny day! We should all think about puppies, rainbows and cute little babies when we're feeling mopey, and imagine all the beauty that could be waiting, heck -- just around the next corner!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:08 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Oh, I so disagree. Complaining is just such a gosh-awful way to spend a sunny day! We should all think about puppies, rainbows and cute little babies when we're feeling mopey, and imagine all the beauty that could be waiting, heck -- just around the next corner!

of Course Brits think that Moaning all the time is good for you. They are literally A NATION KNOWN FOR IT'S GREAT WHINGERS Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Whinging%20Pom
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:06 am

Cass wrote:OI you.....how very dare you disrespect SOM.....hush yer bad mouth.....its even better (if that's possible) when its a sing along......trust me

Sorry me lady and to me fair when Eddie makes a post I tend to think of the song climb every mountain.

Two mountains in her case:

How to be a miserable person (seven habits) 2022273579

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:20 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

of Course Brits think that Moaning all the time is good for you.  They are literally A NATION KNOWN FOR IT'S GREAT WHINGERS Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Whinging%20Pom

Yet we have the best comedies ever cheers

Jealousy strikes again. cheers
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:21 am

Brasidas wrote:
Cass wrote:OI you.....how very dare you disrespect SOM.....hush yer bad mouth.....its even better (if that's possible) when its a sing along......trust me

Sorry me lady and to me fair when Eddie makes a post I tend to think of the song climb every mountain.

Hahahahahaha you cheeky bugger! Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:52 pm

Brasidas wrote:

pfft.....typical.

next time I watch it and if all I can think about is eddie's boobs I will hunt you down and smite thee
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:09 pm

Cass wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

pfft.....typical.

next time I watch it and if all I can think about is eddie's boobs I will hunt you down and smite thee

With your breasts?

lol!

At least I will die with a smile on my face.  x

How to be a miserable person (seven habits) 3239900740

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:03 pm

lol.......one track mind
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:08 am

with reference to the title....

dead easy....get married Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:17 am

darknessss wrote:with reference to the title....

yuk yuk yuk.......he'll be here all week folks.......

G'nite nice to have "met" you.....I'm off to drill my head to relieve sinus headache
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:40 pm

How to be a miserable person (seven habits) 84332768
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:23 am

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:25 am

darknessss wrote:with reference to the title....

How to be a miserable person (seven habits) 84384168

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:42 am

You can be miserable, or you can

How to be a miserable person (seven habits) Nut_up_by_retroyeti-d5qo0dl
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:44 am

And also remind yourself:

How to be a miserable person (seven habits) Stuart

(and that this guy is now a U.S. Senator)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down