NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How about a massive leap of faith???

+3
Ben Reilly
Eilzel
eddie
7 posters

Go down

How about a massive leap of faith??? Empty How about a massive leap of faith???

Post by eddie Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:20 pm

And merging flap with NEWSFIX?

Then we would have two forums, one mainly right and one mainly left, as one whole?
Surely it will be diverse and exciting?

What do people think?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

How about a massive leap of faith??? Empty Re: How about a massive leap of faith???

Post by Eilzel Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:50 pm

In theory a great idea, but in truth people here are all over the world and it would just end up being bombarded with the current crap on Flap, the places have very different styles, I wouldn't like to this one gone.

Besides Flaps conditions aren't exactly compromising, basically NF can close and everyone can join Flap....
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

How about a massive leap of faith??? Empty Re: How about a massive leap of faith???

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:57 am

I haven't been on there in ages, but from what I can tell they have even fewer rules than we do. I personally don't want any part of a site that tolerates the kind of bigoted speech they allow there (or at least did last time I looked); I think that's why many left here (either that or they left when they didn't have Phil or Sassy to kick around anymore).

It would be one thing to debate issues like immigration, the economy and gay marriage with people who had differing views, but it seems like a lot of people on Flap just want to talk about the people they hate.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eddie Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:16 pm

I kist like the idea of a mixture of people.

@Ben, in my experience most forum individuals like to be on lots of forums? I certainly like both here and flap.

Hate speech doesn't bother me, whether it's about me or someone else. I will argue the point and if it gets too much I'll log off.

Hey ho, was just a thought.

Perhaps I'll make my own forum and argue with myself.

Don't no one ask to join. How about a massive leap of faith??? 3201073460
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:36 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I haven't been on there in ages, but from what I can tell they have even fewer rules than we do. I personally don't want any part of a site that tolerates the kind of bigoted speech they allow there (or at least did last time I looked); I think that's why many left here (either that or they left when they didn't have Phil or Sassy to kick around anymore).

It would be one thing to debate issues like immigration, the economy and gay marriage with people who had differing views, but it seems like a lot of people on Flap just want to talk about the people they hate.

Hit the nail on the head mate.

The fact is many were here Eddie debating and have now left and for valid views as stated above, there is no reason for them to not be here and at least here there is far more civilized debate without the constant offensive hate slurs which are not necessary in debate.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:44 pm

If you visit the "flop" cave you could hear something about yourself that you do not like, but hey, if you don't like the heat stay out of the kitchen!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:50 pm

nicko wrote:If you visit the "flop" cave you could hear something about yourself that you do not like,    but hey, if you don't like the heat stay out of the kitchen!

Happy to debate on both to be honest Nicko, but at least here it is far more relaxed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:57 pm

I don't think it will work eds to be honest. I pop over and read from time to time and there are some posters over there whom I miss and maybe at a later date I may change my mind and start posting again but for now I'm comfortable with what I am doing.

if you do start up yer own just remember WHO offered you her crawl space for a holiday - with brownies. Just sayin..........
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:46 pm

Cass wrote:I don't think it will work eds to be honest. I pop over and read from time to time and there are some posters over there whom I miss and maybe at a later date I may change my mind and start posting again but for now I'm comfortable with what I am doing.

if you do start up yer own just remember WHO offered you her crawl space for a holiday - with brownies. Just sayin..........

Hmmmmm. I may consider it Cass, except I never actually recieved the bloody brownies did I? No
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:14 pm

eddie wrote:
Cass wrote:I don't think it will work eds to be honest. I pop over and read from time to time and there are some posters over there whom I miss and maybe at a later date I may change my mind and start posting again but for now I'm comfortable with what I am doing.

Hmmmmm. I may consider it Cass, except I never actually recieved the bloody brownies did I? No

nonononono.....the brownies are for when you are HERE........it was cookies that I promised to send you.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eddie Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:04 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
eddie wrote:........................

Hey ho, was just a thought.

Perhaps I'll make my own forum and argue with myself.

Don't no one ask to join. How about a massive leap of faith??? 3201073460

Cool

MOST of us would probably call that a "blog"...      clown

Blog off you Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:07 am

Actually, I don't know how it would even be accomplished on the technical side. Would we choose a new URL, something like "newsflapboard.com"? What would happen to all the threads from both sites? Would we all have to sign up again? Who would be the HNIC? How would we determine the rules? Where am I now? Who are you weirdos? Why is it so dark?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:16 am

or another way to look at is this is a International Board
Flap has nothing of interest for someone outside of Britain.

unlike Wolf I had a quick look Absolutely no reason I would ever bother again, it may as well be a local community mothers group for how narrow it's appeal is.

it would be like merging port news
http://www.portnews.com.au/
with Time Magazine
http://time.com/
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:35 am

veya_victaous wrote:or another way to look at is this is a International Board
Flap has nothing of interest for someone outside of Britain.

unlike Wolf I had a quick look Absolutely no reason I would ever bother again, it may as well be a local community mothers group for how narrow it's appeal is.

it would be like merging port news
http://www.portnews.com.au/
with Time Magazine
http://time.com/

Good point. I wish we had more people from more corners of the globe; I know we had at least one other Australian, a Canadian, an Irish guy and someone from NZ at one point, but they're not active here now.

I figured we'd get more seeing as this site doesn't have the preponderance of U.S. news that Shortnews had toward the end of its heyday, but then they probably still get way more traffic than we do.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:00 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Actually, I don't know how it would even be accomplished on the technical side. Would we choose a new URL, something like "newsflapboard.com"? What would happen to all the threads from both sites? Would we all have to sign up again? Who would be the HNIC? How would we determine the rules? Where am I now? Who are you weirdos? Why is it so dark?

There there ben. Have a lie down mate No
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down