NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I have just been accused of homophobia again

+3
Lone Wolf
Cass
Original Quill
7 posters

Go down

So I have just been accused of homophobia again Empty So I have just been accused of homophobia again

Post by Guest Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:01 pm

I am constantly being called a faggot as well as hundreds of other insults.
As people well know me I am against discrimination to homosexuals.

Now to make the poster look silly I said with all his referencing to anal sex, anyone would get the impression he clearly fantasizes about anal sex and that if this was the case he should get some bum time and even said I have nothing against him wanting this , if this was his wish..

To then be accused by a poster I was being homophobic for saying bum time, where I pointed out I am not, that they missed the point and why are they ignoring yet again in the next post the poster again calling me a faggot, to which I received this reply:

Speak to ****** Why?
He is not the one portraying himself as a right on inclusive progressive liberal all inclusive politically correct obsessed berk that hates the country that provided for his family. That's you.

Yes words failed me also and cannot believe how some people sell themselves out and also again insulting my family as if they were provided for by the UK, when they never claimed anything off the state, accusing me of hating the country I love.
You cannot believe how nasty and vindictive some people are.

Back to top Go down

So I have just been accused of homophobia again Empty Re: So I have just been accused of homophobia again

Post by Original Quill Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:41 pm

Who?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

So I have just been accused of homophobia again Empty Re: So I have just been accused of homophobia again

Post by Guest Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:35 pm

Original Quill wrote:Who?

Who is not important Quill.

I want to see if my use of the words "Bum time" could be seen as homophobic even though that was not my intent, where it is more to show up someone who is constantly homophobic

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:44 pm

Well 'who' is not exactly irrelevant. But you should be taken at your word. If you say it wasn't intended as a homophobic term, that should be the end of it. Ordinarily only fact and reason count.

But certain people don't accept others at their word. Some of them have habitual patterns of accepting other things as evidence. That's why I ask.

Hope I've answered your question.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:05 pm

stop bringing stupid stuff over from other forums.

this subject was not started on this forum.

can admin or a mod put it in the basement and lock it?

thanks
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Cass Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:40 pm

no wolf I'm just fine thanks. made a nice breakfast for me and junior, fires on so we are all warm and cozy and watching the footie on Tv. And eating Xmas chocolates - life is good.

I'm going back to what the admin and mods have said about the constant dragging over of stuff from other forums and this is an example.

I luckily can usually see both sides of a story so if that makes me a fence sitter then I will happily take that title.

I like sassy, never said otherwise, just like I like everyone. Life is too short to hate people you've never met - dislike their actions or words or ideas certainly but not them personally.

I'm not on forums 24/7 as I work and enjoy doing family stuff and other hobbies so I cannot be here to comment on every single post nor backtracked either - like I said life is too short.

sadly my great aunt passed away last night in Louisiana - dementia and bedridden fir last 2 years. She was a librarian and I remember when I was younger that she had the best job EVER.

So gave a great day pal - my Aussie friends gave been telling me that their weather has been great

xx
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:09 pm

Cass wrote:stop bringing stupid stuff over from other forums.

this subject was not started on this forum.

can admin or a mod put it in the basement and lock it?

thanks

For goodness sake, I have brought up a point I wish to have an opinion on, not about the forum or who even said it,
So if you do not mind, and do not want to give your opinion. please move along.
Certain things are important to me which may not be for you and I would kindly ask that you respect that please

Thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:10 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Brasidas wrote:...............................

To then be accused by a poster I was being homophobic for saying bum time, where I pointed out I am not, that they missed the point and why are they ignoring yet again in the next post the poster again calling me a faggot, to which I received this reply:

Speak to ****** Why?
He is not the one portraying himself as a right on inclusive progressive liberal all inclusive politically correct obsessed berk that hates the country that provided for his family. That's you.

pirat

I HAD a similar encounter too several years ago on another long forgotten forum, Didgeri !

WHERE I was having a dig at one hardline regular homophobe on there ~ questioning his personal hatred of various other groups of people, and stirring him up by wondering if he himself might be a "closet gay" himself, looking at his usual trademark hatemongering..

WHEN out of Stage Right there enters this mad and rabid young thing [probably approaching middle age herself by now..], inexplicably and oddly attacking me in the same way as in Didge's encounter above ~ so much so, that it wouldn't surprise me in the least if t'were the same contributor, some 8 or 9 years apart; (Oddly enough, I also saw my old attacker re-emerge on both 'FF' and Victor's forums !).

I RECKON it says much more about that particular vicious poster with his/her (possibly random and repetitive nasty behaviour on their part ?) attack posts, though, than it does any of her targts..
MAYBE it's just her victims' bad luck, for her to find them during the full moon !      So I have just been accused of homophobia again 1191311443

Sounds spot on to me.

Talk about bang on the money

Quill thanks for your view they are appreciated as to me I will understand if people have seen my view as wrong but not after I have explained it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:07 am

Wolf leave off Cass, you only make yourself look bad when you jump on someone who is the most fair and least antagonistic poster on the board. It's a fair point, although I disagree, that this originated elsewhere.

That said, the question is a worthy one. And no I don't consider it homophobic at all. It hardly has the venom of faggot and other words, it is also said to someone who does strike out against gays all the time.

Another point (which would be lost on most posters there) is that most of the time you can judge an off hand comment by who said it- if it is someone with a record of antigay remarks you know its homophobic in nature, otherwise no. I wouldn't consider this homophobic by Ben, didge or eddie for example- but by kaka or matti it would be true to form.

- Cass, sorry to hear about your Great Aunt, and at the worst time of year, lots of love to you and your boys xxx
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:23 am

Eilzel wrote:Wolf leave off Cass, you only make yourself look bad when you jump on someone who is the most fair and least antagonistic poster on the board. It's a fair point, although I disagree, that this originated elsewhere.

That said, the question is a worthy one. And no I don't consider it homophobic at all. It hardly has the venom of faggot and other words, it is also said to someone who does strike out against gays all the time.

Another point (which would be lost on most posters there) is that most of the time you can judge an off hand comment by who said it- if it is someone with a record of antigay remarks you know its homophobic in nature, otherwise no. I wouldn't consider this homophobic by Ben, didge or eddie for example- but by kaka or matti it would be true to form.

- Cass, sorry to hear about your Great Aunt, and at the worst time of year, lots of love to you and your boys xxx

Right. That's exactly what I was thinking when I asked.

Didge, I wouldn't worry about it. In these social chat rooms most people coalesce into gangs, the first order being politics. Then there are less formal social circles...etc., etc. From their platforms, they proceed to judge. It kinda reminds me of that movie, Mean Girls. If you are not from the same circle, you get the wrong response. It has nothing to do with truth or logic.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:12 am

Yeah I actually agreed with your post above Quill, with the only exception that it isn't for the person using a slur to decide if they are being homophobic or not, it can usually be understood through the context whatever they say. Monk often says he isn't being homophobic when he evidently is.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:30 am

Thank you, that is all I wanted to know.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:37 am

Didge and I have our differences but I don't think any one could accuse him of Homophobia.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:53 am

Sorry to hear about your great aunt, cass xxx
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:55 am

I won't move this into the basement as it doesn't mention the name of another forum or another poster, it's a genuine question.

Hope everyone is well this morning x
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:45 am

Didge,

Anyone who claims you are homophobic isn't right in the head. They have obviously ran out of insults and show themselves up for the idiots that they are.

Forget it - it's a no show
Irn
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down