NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cairns woman arrested, charged with murder of her eight children

+3
Cass
eddie
Ben Reilly
7 posters

Go down

Cairns woman arrested, charged with murder of her eight children Empty Cairns woman arrested, charged with murder of her eight children

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:28 pm

The mother of seven of the eight children found dead in a house in the northeastern Australian city of Cairns has been arrested on suspicion of murder, police Detective Inspector Bruno Asnicar said Saturday morning.

The 37-year-old woman is under police guard at a hospital and in stable condition, he said at a news conference.

The discovery of the bodies added to a traumatic week for Australia after a deadly hostage-taking in Sydney.

Police said they were called to the suburban house in the Manoora area of Cairns on Friday morning after reports of an injured woman.

Inside, officers found the bodies of eight children between the ages of 18 months and 15 years, police said.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/18/world/asia/australia-cairns-police-investigation/

Indeed, a horrible spat of tragedies for Australia this week.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Cairns woman arrested, charged with murder of her eight children Empty Re: Cairns woman arrested, charged with murder of her eight children

Post by eddie Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:49 pm

What would she do this??? Why? Sad
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Cairns woman arrested, charged with murder of her eight children Empty Re: Cairns woman arrested, charged with murder of her eight children

Post by Cass Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:03 pm

eddie wrote:What would she do this??? Why? Sad

apparently a 20 year old brother to the dead children found them. how awful for him.

this hurts my heart.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:13 am

1 of the Children is a Niece

Very Sad they say they have never had any reason for social services to contact the family so it is really a breakdown out of no where
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:03 pm

I will never ever understand things like this. Cass is right it hurts your heart

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:32 pm

Andrea Yates...her own 5 children, and she walks. Texas!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:32 pm

Well, the interesting thing is that Texas follows the McNaughton rule when it comes to insanity. The accused must not "know the nature and quality of the act he was doing or, if he did know it, that he did not know what he was doing was wrong."

Andrea Yeats suffered from post-partum depression, which she used as her mental illness. The problem is that she actually researched on-line other cases of mothers murdering their children, including Susan Smith, in order to position herself to get away with it. Now, if you don't know the nature of the act, or that it is wrong, how come you are measuring up a defense even before the event?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:54 pm

It's easy to be. wise after the event
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:22 am

nicko wrote:It's easy to be. wise after the event

But this was before the event.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:47 am

No it wasn't, people gave there opinions AFTER the murders happened.That is being wise AFTER the event.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:49 pm

nicko wrote:No it wasn't, people gave there opinions AFTER the murders happened.That is being wise AFTER the event.

On the day the Yeats children were murdered by drowning in the bathtub, the police confiscated Andrea Yeats' computer, which would contain a record of the dates of all searches that Andrea had looked into before the children were murdered.  The authorities found in her searches a preoccupation with mothers who had murdered their children, particularly Susan Smith in South Carolina.  Those searches are facts that occurred before the murder.

It seems we are talking about two different things.  My point is...how could they conclude she didn't know the nature of her act (murder), which is the requirement of the McNaughton Rule, when she had enough sense to study it beforehand?  The facts contradict the application of the rule.

I make no comment on what occurred, or opinions someone had after the murders--except of course in the legal proceedings.  My comment is about that contradiction.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:42 pm

I can't help,thinking about the very last thing those children saw before dying.
The face of their beloved mother punching a knife into them.

This has really really upset me.

Somebthing about stabbing is very violent and viscous.
I don't care if she was mentally ill I hope she gets her head kicked in.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:06 pm

There is an example why I have ago at this big headed braggart,he has to pick eddie up over a small typo and procede to explain to her where she's gone wrong. the man [and I use the word loosely ] is a total wanker. BY the way wolfie did you spot my typo?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down