NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pope Francis: All dogs (and cats and hamsters and cows) go to heaven

2 posters

Go down

Pope Francis: All dogs (and cats and hamsters and cows) go to heaven Empty Pope Francis: All dogs (and cats and hamsters and cows) go to heaven

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:29 pm

In his weekly address at the Vatican late last month, Pope Francis issued a remarkable statement that’s sure to come as welcome news to anyone who’s ever lost a beloved pet. According to Francis, the promise of an afterlife applies not only to believers, but to all animals as well.

"The Holy Scriptures teach us that the realization of this wonderful plan covers all that is around us, and that came out of the thought and the heart of God," Pope Francis said, as quoted by Italian news site Resapubblica.

The Pope then went on to say that “heaven is open to all creatures, and there [they] will be vested with the joy and love of God, without limits.”

Pope Francis’s stance on animals stands in contrast to that of his predecessor, Benedict XVI, who despite reportedly being a cat lover, said that animals’ existence was limited to their time on Earth. But Francis isn’t the first pontiff to take an animal-friendly approach to ideology. As newspaper Divisione la Repubblica notes, Pope John Paul II held a similar position, saying animals had a “divine breath.

https://www.thedodo.com/animals-go-to-heaven-says-pope-866342824.html?xrs=RebelMouse_fb#
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Pope Francis: All dogs (and cats and hamsters and cows) go to heaven Empty Re: Pope Francis: All dogs (and cats and hamsters and cows) go to heaven

Post by nicko Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:53 pm

Of course he's right, have you never heard of "Rainbow Bridge"?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Pope Francis: All dogs (and cats and hamsters and cows) go to heaven Empty Re: Pope Francis: All dogs (and cats and hamsters and cows) go to heaven

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:02 pm

nicko wrote:Of course he's right,   have you never heard of "Rainbow Bridge"?

I had not; looked it up and that's cute! If true, though, I'm going to have a pretty big menagerie waiting for me.

Of course, my version will probably be Brimstone Bridge, where the zombified corpses of my pets are waiting to tear my face off ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down