NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Police Terrorists in the USA.

5 posters

Go down

More Police Terrorists in the USA. Empty More Police Terrorists in the USA.

Post by veya_victaous Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:11 pm

http://www.news.com.au/world/denver-police-seize-tablet-delete-video-of-brutal-arrest-but-it-had-backed-up-to-the-cloud/story-fndir2ev-1227137812835

THE Denver cops punched a man in the face and bounced his head off the pavement. They tripped his pregnant wife — and then saw they were being filmed. What happened next has the “land of the free” in uproar.

Late August, Levi Frasier saw a violent scene unfolding on the street before him. So he decided to use his tablet to record it.

As plain-clothed men repeatedly punch a Latino man in the face, they can be heard shouting: “Spit the drugs out! Spit the drugs out!”

In the background, a woman is screaming “stop” in Spanish. Two uniformed officers rush up and help restrain the man — and knock the feet out from beneath the visibly pregnant 25-year-old. She lands on her stomach and face.

Some 55 seconds later, someone shouted “camera”.

A police officer stormed up to the witness, who was white, snatching his device from his hands and threatens him with arrest.

The officers’ victims lay writhing on the ground behind them.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

More Police Terrorists in the USA. Empty Re: More Police Terrorists in the USA.

Post by Original Quill Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:42 am

Very typical.  Particularly Denver and eastern Colorado.  It's right on the imaginary line tracing along the northerly direction of the Rio Grande River, or the continental divide...adjacent to what I will call the region of Southern influence.

Latinos, like Blacks, are despised by the right-wing for many of the same reasons...status and skin color.  They are constant targets of police discrimination and profiling.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:47 am

yeah i thought that it was interesting that people are more outraged at the police taking white guys camera and threatening with arrest than tripping a heavily pregnant woman Neutral
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:58 pm

veya_victaous wrote:yeah i thought that it was interesting that people are more outraged at the police taking white guys camera and threatening with arrest than tripping a heavily pregnant woman Neutral

Both are outrageous, but I can see how people would be more unnerved by the idea that the police would seize and cover up evidence of their behavior -- thus taking away the best way for citizens to get the police to behave responsibly.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:32 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:yeah i thought that it was interesting that people are more outraged at the police taking white guys camera and threatening with arrest than tripping a heavily pregnant woman Neutral

Both are outrageous, but I can see how people would be more unnerved by the idea that the police would seize and cover up evidence of their behavior -- thus taking away the best way for citizens to get the police to behave responsibly.

Yes, if there is one thing that the Internet teaches us it is that deceit is a major crime.  Lol.  It's true. There's something about lies and a cover-up that get people more outraged than the underlying crime itself.  Maybe it is because that is the one offense aimed directly at us, the listener or observer, in addition to the victim.  Call it an assault on our senses.

But to veya's point, as I said on another thread, cops can mess with minorities and people seem to shrug; but mess with one of our white boys, or worse, one of our pretty little white princesses...and Katy bar the door.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:17 am

The Cleveland officers who shot a 12-year-old boy holding a toy gun then failed to give him first aid for nearly four minutes. The boy was finally administered first aid when a detective and FBI agent arrived at the scene.

But it was too late. The boy, Tamir Rice, died after being transported to the hospital.

According to newly surveillance video, Rice was shot by the officers within two seconds of their arrival at the scene.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/11/28/3597546/officers-who-shot-12-year-old-holding-toy-gun-refused-to-give-him-first-aid/

A department spokesman told a local ABC station he “was unsure of the policy related to how and when officers are required to provide medical assistance.” The officers’ conduct is “under investigation.”

The officers believed that the 12-year-old Rice was a “black male” who appeared “about 20.”

The family is outspoken in their belief that their son’s death was avoidable, had the police officers acted appropriately. The U.S. Justice Department has an ongoing investigation into the Cleveland Police “over allegations of excessive and unreasonable deadly force.”

BULLSHIT looks like a kids!!!! fucking murderers
More Police Terrorists in the USA. Firstaid
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:36 am

We see this all the time in the US, veya.  Having investigated whole police departments as an attorney general in Arizona, I have found they have a practiced deceit about the way the conduct themselves. It is beneficial that the whole world sees it now, as well.  Police terrorists live in their own little world, and rarely are they held accountable.

And that's just with folks who give a damn.  Republicans would cheer the killing of a black child.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:48 am

Yep. I think the world needs to be made more aware of the way Minorities are treated in the USA.
We think of police murdering innocent kids without repercussion as something that doesn't happen in western Nations.. Clearly it does it only takes a little investigations to uncover crazy stats
like in the USA Police Alone shot more people dead than total shooting deaths in the UK Australia and New Zealand Combined.

the combination of guns and racism is a disaster that is real and now (not waiting to happen) and kills hundreds every year.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:15 am

14 teens have been killed by police in the U.S. -- since the Michael Brown killing:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/11/25/the-14-teens-killed-by-cops-since-michael-brown.html

Half were black, several others were Latino.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:01 pm

It's a part of the greater racism of the US. It's easier to dispose of a life if it is not one of your kind.

What I find interesting is, why skin color?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:It's a part of the greater racism of the US.  It's easier to dispose of a life if it is not one of your kind.

What I find interesting is, why skin color?

because it's easy Suspect
I think anyway Suspect

Racists are typically not the smartest (or they have heavily vested interests) and 'that person is a different colour' is a real easy way to identify someone as different. it is hard to tell someone's religion or politics from a distance Neutral
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:35 am

http://www.vulture.com/2014/11/chris-rock-frank-rich-in-conversation.html

incredibly insightful look at the race relations in the USA from the Chris Rock.

just a piece of the long article

Yes, that would be an event. Here’s the thing. When we talk about race relations in America or racial progress, it’s all nonsense. There are no race relations. White people were crazy. Now they’re not as crazy. To say that black people have made progress would be to say they deserve what happened to them before.

Right. It’s ridiculous.

So, to say Obama is progress is saying that he’s the first black person that is qualified to be president. That’s not black progress. That’s white progress. There’s been black people qualified to be president for hundreds of years. If you saw Tina Turner and Ike having a lovely breakfast over there, would you say their relationship’s improved? Some people would. But a smart person would go, “Oh, he stopped punching her in the face.” It’s not up to her. Ike and Tina Turner’s relationship has nothing to do with Tina Turner. Nothing. It just doesn’t. The question is, you know, my kids are smart, educated, beautiful, polite children. There have been smart, educated, beautiful, polite black children for hundreds of years. The advantage that my children have is that my children are encountering the nicest white people that America has ever produced. Let’s hope America keeps producing nicer white people.

It’s about white people adjusting to a new reality?

Owning their actions. Not even their actions. The actions of your dad. Yeah, it’s unfair that you can get judged by something you didn’t do, but it’s also unfair that you can inherit money that you didn’t work for.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:51 am

It's actually been a process of transforming a culture, but I only get the chance to see that because I'm on the inside of it. My grandfathers were both profoundly racist, my parents less so. And me, less still.

It's not to justify anything, just to point out that systemic problems like these change slowly, by degrees. Like anything else, if you start from perfection you find it lacking, but if you go back to its actual start, you can judge how much progress has been made. And then you have the problem of self-isolating subcultures -- and Southern White Americans are one of the best examples of that. That urban density we talk about as being a factor in making people less prejudiced? Rich white people actively fight against that in their communities, using money and political power to ensure that if you want your community to parcel out a minimum of one or two acres of land per family, it will.

http://voiceofsandiego.org/2014/07/23/san-diegos-next-density-fight/

FYI -- San Diego is a lonely conservative bastion in California.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:52 am

Should add that the one grandmother I got to know was really racist too -- didn't mean to be sexist there Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:36 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Should add that the one grandmother I got to know was really racist too -- didn't mean to be sexist there Smile

Ageist as well.

Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:45 pm

veya_victaous wrote:http://www.vulture.com/2014/11/chris-rock-frank-rich-in-conversation.html

incredibly insightful look at the race relations in the USA from the Chris Rock.

just a piece of the long article

Yes, that would be an event. Here’s the thing. When we talk about race relations in America or racial progress, it’s all nonsense. There are no race relations. White people were crazy. Now they’re not as crazy. To say that black people have made progress would be to say they deserve what happened to them before.

Right. It’s ridiculous.

So, to say Obama is progress is saying that he’s the first black person that is qualified to be president. That’s not black progress. That’s white progress. There’s been black people qualified to be president for hundreds of years. If you saw Tina Turner and Ike having a lovely breakfast over there, would you say their relationship’s improved? Some people would. But a smart person would go, “Oh, he stopped punching her in the face.” It’s not up to her. Ike and Tina Turner’s relationship has nothing to do with Tina Turner. Nothing. It just doesn’t. The question is, you know, my kids are smart, educated, beautiful, polite children. There have been smart, educated, beautiful, polite black children for hundreds of years. The advantage that my children have is that my children are encountering the nicest white people that America has ever produced. Let’s hope America keeps producing nicer white people.

It’s about white people adjusting to a new reality?

Owning their actions. Not even their actions. The actions of your dad. Yeah, it’s unfair that you can get judged by something you didn’t do, but it’s also unfair that you can inherit money that you didn’t work for.

I'm glad you posted that veya. Xlnt point. Every time I hear someone speak of race relations in America, I want to scream it's not the 'relations' you foggy-brained idiot. It's you!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:29 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:It's actually been a process of transforming a culture, but I only get the chance to see that because I'm on the inside of it. My grandfathers were both profoundly racist, my parents less so. And me, less still.

It's not to justify anything, just to point out that systemic problems like these change slowly, by degrees. Like anything else, if you start from perfection you find it lacking, but if you go back to its actual start, you can judge how much progress has been made. And then you have the problem of self-isolating subcultures -- and Southern White Americans are one of the best examples of that. That urban density we talk about as being a factor in making people less prejudiced? Rich white people actively fight against that in their communities, using money and political power to ensure that if you want your community to parcel out a minimum of one or two acres of land per family, it will.

http://voiceofsandiego.org/2014/07/23/san-diegos-next-density-fight/

FYI -- San Diego is a lonely conservative bastion in California.

But Ben at the same time we are not looking at perfection. Neutral

I will paraphrase as Zoroastrian immigrant taxi driver (late 40's) that was interviewed a few years ago and the interviewer was expecting him to say yes( i cant find the clip)
Are Aussies racist? No, what is racist? have I been called names? Yes, I have been called names, Aussies do that... but I love Australia and Australians are not racist because I have been here for 5 years now and not a single person has tried to kill me for my religion, and that is the only years of my life that has happened.

IF the USA can get to the point where people aren't been killed because of their skin colour that would be good. Since Martin Luther King, we have removed the White Australia policy and Got tot the point where Abusing someone in a Racists way will get you abused by the general public, the Idea of Police killing people so wantonly is terrifyingly foreign to Aussies (and I'm gonna guess the Uk too) let alone them getting away with it so easily (even cheered by some) Crazy, terrifyingly crazy.

Really is being black the USA any different (possibly worse) than being a minority in China? (often criticised for it human rights abuses) I'm gonna suggest the only reason the world doesn't condemn the USA for Human rights abuses is the same reason Australia is quiet on China's... Economics, you are too valuable to trade with Neutral
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:02 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
"AGEISM" can be a big problem over here in Oz at times, as well...

AS jobseekers aged under 25 and over 35 -> 45 (also depending on such factors as type of job, gender and location..) can well attest..

Agreed. A few years ago a columnist for The SF Chronicle was writing jokes about Dirty Old Men. He was quietly let go.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:49 pm

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/12/03/3599222/eric-garner-twitter-reactions/

A grand jury just decided that it will not charge Officer David Pantaleo of the NYPD in the choking death of Eric Garner. This is the second time in two weeks that grand juries decided not to indict police officers in the deaths of two unarmed black men, and a setback for those who argue body cameras are the solution to holding cops accountable for police brutality. Here’s how news outlets and social media have responded so far.

Activist groups who are organizing around the death of Mike Brown in Ferguson took to Twitter to voice their outrage.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:52 pm

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:12 am

There will be no trial for the murder of Eric Garner. Today, a Staten Island grand jury voted not to bring criminal charges against Daniel Pantaleo, the white New York City police officer who held Garner in a chokehold until his death. Pantaleo suspected Garner, who was unarmed, of selling loose cigarettes. The entire confrontation was caught on video. Chokeholds are forbidden by the NYPD. Garner was black, asthmatic, and 43 years old.

Before he died, Garner said “I can’t breathe” 11 times. #ICantBreathe is trending on Twitter worldwide. But another Garner-inspired hashtag is making the rounds as a rallying cry in response to a terrifically tone deaf tweet from the NYPD:

More Police Terrorists in the USA. Badpr10

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:07 am

What are you going to do? American cops are criminals. And the American people become criminals in order to cover up for the American cops.

America contracted an infection. Racism was at the creation of America, and it will be the end of America.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:29 am

Original Quill wrote:What are you going to do?  American cops are criminals.  And the American people become criminals in order to cover up for the American cops.

America contracted an infection.  Racism was at the creation of America, and it will be the end of America.

"The awe inspired by the pervasiveness of racism in American life is only matched by the marvel of its historical span in American traditions."

- The Port Huron Statement, Students for a Democratic Society (1962)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down