NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News > UK Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything

+4
Irn Bru
eddie
Tommy Monk
nicko
8 posters

Go down

News > UK Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything  Empty News > UK Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:49 pm

British people think that there are twice as many immigrants in the country than is really the case – and four times as many Muslims, according to a new survey by Ipsos Mori.

The research, carried out by an online survey of approximately 1,000 people aged 16 to 64, reveals that as a nation we hugely overestimate certain numbers, believing that one in five people in the UK are Muslims (21 per cent) when the actual figure is five per cent (one in twenty). By contrast, we underestimate the number of Christians in Britain – believing that just 39 per cent identify with the religion, when the real figure is 59 per cent.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/Muslims-immigration-and-teenage-pregnancy-british-people-are-ignorant-about-almost-everything-9825116.html

Back to top Go down

News > UK Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything  Empty Re: News > UK Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything

Post by nicko Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:59 pm

Give it another 20yrs and those figures will change around.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

News > UK Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything  Empty Re: News > UK Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:20 pm

Waffle, a dodgey poll of 1,000 thickos means nothing.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:14 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Waffle, a dodgey poll of 1,000 thickos means nothing.

Thanks I will remember that the next time you post, the irony ha ha.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:00 pm

Hmmm I'm with Matt in this didge.
1,000 people?? Not that many really..... scratch
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:14 pm

If it was one poll I would tend to agree with you Eddie, but this is not the first one and look how similar the results are.

Today:

The research, carried out by an online survey of approximately 1,000 people aged 16 to 64, reveals that as a nation we hugely overestimate certain numbers, believing that one in five people in the UK are Muslims (21 per cent) when the actual figure is five per cent (one in twenty). By contrast, we underestimate the number of Christians in Britain – believing that just 39 per cent identify with the religion, when the real figure is 59 per cent.

The one before:

6. Religion: we greatly overestimate the proportion of the population who are Muslims: on average we say 24%, compared with 5% in England and Wales. And we underestimate the proportion of Christians: we estimate 34% on average, compared with the actual proportion of 59% in England and Wales[vii].

https://www.ipsos-mori.com/researchpublications/researcharchive/3188/Perceptions-are-not-reality-the-top-10-we-get-wrong.aspx

Two polls with similar results Eddie, it speaks for itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:28 pm

Probably the people polled lived in built up areas with high proportion of foreigners....
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:59 pm

The poll that Didge is quoting the figures from is accurate. The ONS census from 2011 showed that the Muslim population of England and Wales was 4.8%.

In the 2011 Census, Christianity was the largest religion, with 33.2 million people (59.3 per cent of the population). The second largest religious group were Muslims with 2.7 million people (4.8 per cent of the population).

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/census/2011-census/key-statistics-for-local-authorities-in-england-and-wales/rpt-religion.html
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:52 pm

There's a certain type of person who cries "bias" or even "conspiracy" when a scientifically conducted poll reveals things they don't want to believe or hear ...

Just from reading NewsFix, I was under the impression that three out of every five UK residents was a black Muslim immigrant who has committed at least one murder on the street in broad daylight and gone unpunished for it, while the liberalists sang their praises and tried to increase their numbers Wink
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:01 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Probably the people polled lived in built up areas with high proportion of foreigners....

I would say the opposite, those who live in high areas of immigrants tend to view this the opposite, London, the city most changed by immigration, is generally relaxed about it, while several of the areas most determined to keep out immigrants, such as north-east England, have seen far less immigration.

The reality is two polls show the same how people completely over exaggerate something which I believe is down much to the nature of the internet today with how people spread disinformation and poor media articles by some media outlets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:31 am

Brasidas wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Probably the people polled lived in built up areas with high proportion of foreigners....

I would say the opposite, those who live in high areas of immigrants tend to view this the opposite, London, the city most changed by immigration, is generally relaxed about it, while several of the areas most determined to keep out immigrants, such as north-east England, have seen far less immigration.

The reality is two polls show the same how people completely over exaggerate something which I believe is down much to the nature of the internet today with how people spread disinformation and poor media articles by some media outlets.

Interestingly, the same trend can be seen in the U.S., where people who are unaccustomed to living around Latinos (in states further from Mexico) are usually more vocal against immigration (which here is seen as coming mostly from Latin America, whether that's true or not). States like mine, where Latino people have lived for centuries, are far more comfortable living with them, even if we might be majority conservative on other issues.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:51 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Interestingly, the same trend can be seen in the U.S., where people who are unaccustomed to living around Latinos (in states further from Mexico) are usually more vocal against immigration (which here is seen as coming mostly from Latin America, whether that's true or not). States like mine, where Latino people have lived for centuries, are far more comfortable living with them, even if we might be majority conservative on other issues.

Interesting Ben, is this the same for other ethnic groups like Asians for example in Texas who are more recent immigrants?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:50 pm

Brasidas wrote:

No Didge, Londoners have moved out en masse to get away from immigrants.

Leaving a very high percentage of immigrants in London, So if you ask todays 'Londoners' what they think about immigration, no surprise these immigrants say it's a good idea....
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:01 pm

There maybe a high percentage of foreign born 36% which means 63% are not and thus a vast majority are fine witrh immigration being as London has had many years of this, so the xenophobes have left have left, leaving the real Londeners.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:24 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
eddie wrote:
Hmmm I'm with Matt in this didge.
1,000 people?? Not that many really..... scratch

Laughing    THE results of such polls doesn't really surprise me !!!  Largely thanks to the likes of News Ltd, the Guardian and the independent rags, and scaremongering groups like BNP and EDL..  I reckon you could get similar results in similar polls over here as well !

"Matti" ???   What sort of wog name is that, anyway ~ certainly not British in origin !

YOU people should keep in mind that these kinds of polls are often being done every month or so..

THAT could mean 10-12,000 people over a year or two ~ AND, as long as there's a wide range of regions and demographics those polls can give a fairly accurate result..  AS long as the statisticians actually know their job...

AND don't forget that Tommy is a perfect example of the UKIP/EDL/BNP/"Daily Flail" believers ~ always prepared to believe the worst of that propaganda ~ as long as it fits their warped personal agendas..

I CAN'T understand just WHY you and Raggs' keep on encouraging him, eddie ~ no matter how long you may have known him !     lol!

I think it is a nick-name, or some kind of derivation of the name 'Mathew'...one of the four Roman writers.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down