NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Former Reagan aide wants South to secede, create anti-gay nation of "Reagan" (NOT SATIRE)

2 posters

Go down

Former Reagan aide wants South to secede, create anti-gay nation of "Reagan" (NOT SATIRE) Empty Former Reagan aide wants South to secede, create anti-gay nation of "Reagan" (NOT SATIRE)

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:35 am

I swear this isn't from a parody site. I'll list multiple links since it's so gosh-awful crazy ...

What does conservative columnist and former Reagan aide Douglas MacKinnon see when he surveys the current state of affairs? A world, he says, that’s been “turned upside down if you do believe in traditional values.” Just look, for instance, at those uppity gays and their demand for equal treatment.

“If you happen to refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple because it goes against your religious beliefs, you can be driven out of business,” MacKinnon told right-wing radio host Janet Mefferd yesterday. “If you’re a football commentator and you happen to just say innocently that maybe I wouldn’t have drafted a gay football player because I wouldn’t want to deal with the distraction, many people on the left will try to drive you out of your job as well.”

So what’s a God-fearing, gun-toting, gay-loathing supporter of traditional values to do? It’s time, MacKinnon argues, to start thinking about drastic measures. The author was on Mefferd’s program to promote his new book, “The Secessionist States of America: The Blueprint for Creating a Traditional Values County … Now.” You can guess what he proposes.

“If it moves beyond the academic, then it’s one of those things, too, where obviously now – in the age of instant communication – the world would also know about this country,” MacKinnon said. “The interim name for the country, by the way, is Reagan.”

OK, but didn’t we fight a Civil War over this kind of thing? Relax, MacKinnon assured Mefferd. “The eyes of the world would be watching” how the U.S. government responded to the Republic of Reagan’s formation, so Dictator Nobama won’t be launching a Second War of Northern Aggression.

Texas doesn't even get to be part of the Christian Kingdom of Reagan, MacKinnon says:

“[T]here have been a number of incursions into Texas and other places from some of the folks in Mexico,” he said.

To which I say:

Chingate, pinche cabron.  Former Reagan aide wants South to secede, create anti-gay nation of "Reagan" (NOT SATIRE) 1366281442

http://www.salon.com/2014/10/22/reagan_aide_south_should_secede_and_create_a_new_anti_gay_country_called_reagan/

http://roygbiv.jezebel.com/reagan-aide-wants-south-to-secede-form-anti-gay-nation-1649601939

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/author-says-south-should-form-new-nation-without-gays-and-hispanics-called-reagan/

http://www.inquisitr.com/1556888/david-mackinnon-reagan-split/

Last edited by Ben_Reilly on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Former Reagan aide wants South to secede, create anti-gay nation of "Reagan" (NOT SATIRE) Empty Re: Former Reagan aide wants South to secede, create anti-gay nation of "Reagan" (NOT SATIRE)

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:37 am

The "book" is getting rave reviews, by the way. This from Amazon:

31 of 31 people found the following review helpful
Better Than Jesus
By Ciaran Healy on October 22, 2014
Format: Hardcover
As a frothing, desperate, impotent, fat, self-righteous 40 year old infant with a world-view so simplistic it might as well have been drawn in crayon, I am constantly on the lookout for shrieking noise that confirms the divisive lunacy on which I base my sense of self.

I felt the first stirrings of an ideological erection when I read about how climate change is a communist conspiracy, and even gained some small sense of priapic emotion from wallowing in contrived paranoid fantasies about black presidents and birth certificates, but have never been able to truly achieve the climax of faux-conservative gibbering that I, and my wife-sister craved.

No more. This man suggests that the South secedes from the Union, although not Texas as it has become corrupted with Mexicans.

He further suggests that this nation be called "Reagan."

It is a country of 'traditional' values, if by traditional you mean thuggish hatred of, and terror of, gay people. As descriptions of the gay menace fill 80% of the 0.02% of the Bible I have read, I immediately came.

Came to the realization that people like me have a new fantasy we can use to loudly humiliate the traditions we claim to love by being horrific, ugly, worthless people.

Never have I been so happy. I have ordered 100000 copies of this book, and will use them to construct a temple to Christ, Ayn Rand and a bunch of other people who's work I have never read and have no interest in. I will then sit inside it and daub the walls with Glenn-Beck-inspired slogans in my own faeces, which is the one thing those liberals will never see coming.

Apart from me. They'll never see me coming either.

But I will. I will.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Former Reagan aide wants South to secede, create anti-gay nation of "Reagan" (NOT SATIRE) Empty Re: Former Reagan aide wants South to secede, create anti-gay nation of "Reagan" (NOT SATIRE)

Post by Original Quill Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:33 pm

The way to get published is to be a crack-pot rightie, touting outrageous lies and accusations that attract chicken crackers from all over.

The idea of guys like this MacKinnon is to shouts epithets and venom without ever really having to bring it into reality.  The problem with guys like this is that they open the doors for people who can make it happen.  What he said, the mover and shaker tells us, as he lays down the money to make it happen.  Then  there is a movement even when the MacKinnon stands up and says, I was just kiddin'

But lately, some on the other side are taking them up on it.  We have Florida and Missouri killing blacks.  We have the University of North Carolina cheating athletes.  Colorado, and other states are considering personhood amendments banning abortion, some through legislative methods and others through citizen initiative campaigns...among these states are Florida, Georgia, Texas, and Arkansas.  More and more distasteful and unAmerican things are cropping up in what we know of as the South, that we don't really want them.  They embarrass the rest of us.

So support now comes from us, the left-wing, right-thinking patriotic Americans that remain.  Please go, ugly, rw americans. (Did anyone ever see anything attractive about Georgia or South Carolina?)

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:19 pm

I've often thought crack-pot conservatism seems a sure path to success. You don't have be innovative, challenging or anything -- you apparently just have to say exactly what conservatives want to hear. You don't even have to say it particularly well (ref: Sarah Palin, George W. Bush).
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:23 am

That is because Republicans are non-thinkers. They are repeaters...of what they hear. Truth is meaningless to them.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down