NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again)

+5
Irn Bru
Cass
Original Quill
eddie
Ben Reilly
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) Empty My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again)

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:59 am

My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) Cheer_6pk_background__large

"It's the most wonderful time ... of the year ..."

Winner: Bronze at the 2013 Australian International Beer Awards My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) 2097912929

It's a lovely Dunkel brewed with Texas pecans and peaches My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) 1366281442 ... Which makes it a bit on the sweet side, but I've always been partial to a good Dunkel-style beer. 5.4 ABV.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) Empty Re: My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again)

Post by eddie Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:38 am

Tbh I hate beer, but any alcoholic drink with pecans and peaches sounds really nice!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) Empty Re: My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again)

Post by Guest Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:19 pm

Its american
It claims to be beer

therby becoming an oxymoron........

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:10 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:Its american
It claims to be beer

Goes for others too. The only countries that can make good beers are the Dutch and the Mexicans, who were taught by the Dutch, who along with France, set Maximilian I in charge there in the 1850's. English/Scots beer is too raw and untasty, and German beer is too sweet. The best beer comes from the Netherlands, Belgium and French Flanders.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:46 pm

that continental "blonde beer muck" is LAGER....dont care what anyone says...IT AINT BEER

BEER is theakstones old perculiar

and if you recon its "untasty", it serves you right for burning your tastebuds off with all that chillie stuff....

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:53 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:Its american
It claims to be beer

You claim knowledge, yet can't possibly have a clue about this ... thereby becoming Poonkanque, which is the Navajo word for "person who speaks from the wrong end" My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) 202592697
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:01 pm

My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) 1354218371_3092_shiner

Can't wait! Coming back to the shelves next month (it's obviously a seasonal).
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:39 pm

all I need to know is its american and claims to be beer.....
you cannot, possibly, in any sensible way, use the two words in the same sentence Razz any more than you can use military and intelligence in the same sentence in any meaningful way

or politics and truth
or religion and sense......

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:27 pm

OK, I'll play along -- which American alleged beers have you had?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:50 pm

Coors, miller, bud, busch

and a "mate" brought me some "rolling rock" back once.........Unique...I have never......ever.......tasted the like of it...
nor do I EVER wish to do so again affraid .........I would sooner lick the bottom of a parrot cage........ My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) 112848305

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:58 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:Coors, miller, bud, busch

and a "mate" brought me some "rolling rock" back once.........Unique...I have never......ever.......tasted the like of it...
nor do I EVER wish to do so again  affraid .........I would sooner lick the bottom of a parrot cage........ My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) 112848305

Well, you haven't had anything close to the best of what we make here Smile We export the crap and keep the good stuff for ourselves ...

Rolling Rock is notoriously subject to getting a nasty, stinky taste as it ages. When fresh, it's boring, but at least you won't gag on it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:27 am

stay thirsty my friends.........
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:52 am

Dutch beer...flavourful, smooth and most refreshing. Also Stella...perfect. A Belgium pilsner.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:27 am

This one is so smooth:

My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) CreamAle12oz

Used to only be able to find it in one bar, now there are a few places that carry it but it's still pretty rare (I imagine it's abundant in NY state, where it's brewed).

As far as UK beers go, my favorite would be Samuel Smith.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:36 am

I tried quite few and eventually settled on Sam Adams mainly because it was similar to what I enjoy here.

My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) 0802-Boston-Beer-Co-Samuel-Adams-lager-six-pack-new-label-July-2012-courtesy-315*304
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:38 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:Coors, miller, bud, busch

nor do I EVER wish to do so again  affraid .........I would sooner lick the bottom of a parrot cage........ My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) 112848305

Pffft...so you've visited St. Louis and Golden, CO.  What'd yer mother tell you not to cross the street?  Get out and about.  Try some Anchor Steam, brewed just down the way in San Francisco.

My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) Anchorbeer

Last edited by Original Quill on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:39 pm

Irn Bru wrote:I tried quite few and eventually settled on Sam Adams mainly because it was similar to what I enjoy here.

My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) 0802-Boston-Beer-Co-Samuel-Adams-lager-six-pack-new-label-July-2012-courtesy-315*304

Gd choice. That's a good beer.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:30 pm

Had a few American real ales in the Wetherspoons ale festivals, and some of them are real quality.

It turns out that some of them are master brewers and take the ale brewing really seriously.

Can't stand the popular American lagers like bud or miller etc.

And for those who don't like German beers, they are brewed to very high quality under the German purity law....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_in_Germany

I used to go to a pub opposite cannon st station that sold a lovely German beer called Warsteiner.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:41 pm

I don't think anybody actually enjoys those brands -- generally the people who buy them just want to get falling-down drunk, they think all beer tastes bad but that's just the price you have to pay to get blasted.

Several better beers, like Sam Adams, are growing in popularity, though. The big brewers that churn out the crap like Miller and Coors have even started making "craft-style" beers like Blue Moon and Shock Top (that are still quite a bit better than the rest of what they make).
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:15 am

My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) American-breakfast-vs-european-facebook-idiocy
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:10 pm

I notice there are guns on the mug but none on the plates ... bullshit, man!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:21 pm

If it makes you drunk it's the best beer.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 pm

veya_victaous wrote:My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) American-breakfast-vs-european-facebook-idiocy

That's a Republican breakfast.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:12 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I notice there are guns on the mug but none on the plates ... bullshit, man!

good point, well the person was probably replicating in Europe Rolling Eyes

My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) C1ecb4dde288781c3265708a707cb67c
My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) Il_340x270.647725888_1q5t

An American tea set Wink
My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) 9c59d44a20a4dbb16a489947da255d5f
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:00 am

Lurker wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) American-breakfast-vs-european-facebook-idiocy

That's a Republican breakfast.

hey! bacon is totally non-partisan Wink
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:34 am

Tea set? What, for drinking tea? This is how you drink tea:

My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) Arizona-iced-tea-ginseng-92131
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:36 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Tea set? What, for drinking tea? This is how you drink tea:

My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) Arizona-iced-tea-ginseng-92131
well it includes a gun... I guess you 'shoot' tea ? confused
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:35 am

When in Denmark.

My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3iDv7DykMHTPNYW2D-KaHTLtilI5KqDJBNh88Ng3GOTOQPano

Luvly Jubbly.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:45 am

I went to a leaving do at a club in Edinburgh for someone who was moving on to another job. All you could buy was those little bottles of Buds. Milers, Coors etc. and no-one bothered with a glass. Seems that's the fashion these days with the younger generation slugging from a bottle in a place where you can hardly even hear what someone is saying without shouting whilst at the same time sort of dancing on the spot with no-one.
I stayed as long as I thought necessary before vamoosing off to a decent pub where I could get a decent pint at half the cost.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:41 pm

Irn Bru wrote:I went to a leaving do at a club in Edinburgh for someone who was moving on to another job. All you could buy was those little bottles of Buds. Milers, Coors etc. and no-one bothered with a glass. Seems that's the fashion these days with the younger generation slugging from a bottle in a place where you can hardly even hear what someone is saying without shouting whilst at the same time sort of dancing on the spot with no-one.
I stayed as long as I thought necessary before vamoosing off to a decent pub where I could get a decent pint at half the cost.

Christ, those places are nightmares, can't see how it's fun for anybody -- probably just a meat market Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:53 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:I went to a leaving do at a club in Edinburgh for someone who was moving on to another job. All you could buy was those little bottles of Buds. Milers, Coors etc. and no-one bothered with a glass. Seems that's the fashion these days with the younger generation slugging from a bottle in a place where you can hardly even hear what someone is saying without shouting whilst at the same time sort of dancing on the spot with no-one.

Christ, those places are nightmares, can't see how it's fun for anybody -- probably just a meat market Smile

That's what it is Ben and I could hardly wait to get out of the place. And to think that I even had to stand in a queue to get in in the first place to end up listening to music way too loud that you could hardly hear yourself think.

Maybe I'm just past my sell-by date but not for me I'm afraid. Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:08 am

To being past your sell-by date! cheers cheers cheers

I'm less than six weeks from 40, I can't wait. I feel like I've been waiting two decades for high school to be over My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) 2984306523

Hell wouldn't just serve crap beer in bottles, it would make you wait in line to get in, too ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:57 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:To being past your sell-by date! cheers cheers cheers

I'm less than six weeks from 40, I can't wait. I feel like I've been waiting two decades for high school  to be over My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) 2984306523

Hell wouldn't just serve crap beer in bottles, it would make you wait in line to get in, too ...

Once you hit 40 your balls hit your knees

. My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) 1069003512

Good luck with that.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:06 am

Hmmm ... I may be an early bloomer?

Just kidding, the boys are fine, thanks for asking Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:47 pm

This really is my favourite beer...

My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) Oktoberfest-at-Navy-Pier-e1345664493421
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:43 pm

Very appealing ... beer Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:57 pm

My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) 3201073460
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:42 pm

eddie wrote:My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) 3201073460

quite......personally I think its goat urine ........
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:56 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Very appealing ... beer Smile

I know. And look at the size of them jugs.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:43 pm

My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) 0711_prince_charles_wenn

British have always shown great respect and admiration for the jugs.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:25 pm

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) 3201073460

quite......personally I think its goat urine ........

Yes. Silly boys leering over goat piss Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:15 pm

Irn Bru wrote:This really is my favourite beer...

My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) Oktoberfest-at-Navy-Pier-e1345664493421

WHAT BEER? I DON'T SEE ANY FRIGGIN' BEER!!
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:13 am

It's like a Where's Waldo thing, you have to stare for a while Smile

Today I visited my local Goody Goody Liquor and inspected the beer section pretty thoroughly. No Old Peculier (I'll have to try Central Market next), but they did carry Anchor Steam, so I grabbed a six-pack.

This is a very interesting beer, kind of smooth at first blush but with a tad of back-mouth bitterness like Sam Adams. Apparently it's brewed in a rather unique way, too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_beer#California_common_beer

If I had to compare to anything else I've drank, the closest in flavor would have to be pine ale. If you've had that, it's basically that flavor but a bit less intense.

It's pretty spectacular. I mean, not as spectacular as the blonde in that photo, but ... Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:24 am

My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) Dog-vs-PBR-cans
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:44 am

Oh god, Pabst SUCKS!!!!!! Funny pic, though ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:45 am

"Do you serve Pabst in cans? Can you take a photo of me drinking it to post to Facebook?"
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:52 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Oh god, Pabst SUCKS!!!!!! Funny pic, though ...

the dog's eyes say it all really

must be really bad beer Sad
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:11 am

My favorite American beer is about to hit the shelves (again) Hipster+pbr
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next