NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muslims Against Peppa Pig Facebook page

5 posters

Go down

Muslims Against Peppa Pig Facebook page  Empty Muslims Against Peppa Pig Facebook page

Post by eddie Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:28 pm

Facebook page Muslims against Peppa Pig has already garnered nearly 2,500 followers. A Change.org petition, pushing for the show to be pulled from children's TV, has also been set up.

According to Zayn Sheikh, the man behind the drive, the 'haram' character is preventing young children from developing into good Muslims. He says he took action after his young son declared he want to be a pig rather than a doctor.

"For us Muslims it is very important that we do not eat meat of the pork," Sheikh from Bradford said in a video posted on the Facebook page.

"It is completely wrong that our kids are being shown these things on TV."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/Muslims-against-pepper-pig-facebook-campaign-launched-ban-popular-cartoon-1464205

@@@ pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig @@@

Now perhaps this is a massive wind-up but having checked it all out, it seems this Facebook page is genuine.

Also, interestingly enough, American channel ABC are saying they're going to axe the show due to "budget cuts" .......

World gone mad? Have the RW been right all along??
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Muslims Against Peppa Pig Facebook page  Empty Re: Muslims Against Peppa Pig Facebook page

Post by eddie Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:34 pm

If anyome wants to join the debate and you have Facebook simply type "Muslims against Peppa pig" into their search bar on Facebook.
You have to request to join the group.

People are having a good old moan and I don't bloody blame them!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Muslims Against Peppa Pig Facebook page  Empty Re: Muslims Against Peppa Pig Facebook page

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:50 pm

Not content with their annual campaign to cancel Christmas, Muslims are demanding a ban on the popular children’s cartoon series Peppa Pig, because it is an “insult to Islam”. Or so you would conclude if you believed reports published yesterday by the Metro andMirror.
According to this story, which quickly spread across the internet, a British Muslim named Zayn Sheikh had posted a Youtube video calling for a campaign to ban the children’s cartoon character after it inspired his young son to want to be a pig rather than a doctor. Instead, Sheikh argued, Muslims should be promoting an alternative cartoon of his own creation called Abdullah the Cat.
Pamela Geller was among those who swallowed the story whole. “On the day after a Muslim beheaded an elderly woman in broad daylight as she was gardening”, an indignant Geller wrote, “you would think that Muslims in the UK would be anxious to prove that they were a loyal, non-lethal population. No, instead they’re more demanding and supremacist than ever, now calling for a ban on a cartoon pig.”

As the young man who made the video has since pointed out, it was an obvious spoof and journalists were “writing nonsense”. As for the “Muslims against Peppa Pig” Facebook page mentioned in press reports, which featured an appeal to sign an online petitioninitiated by “Zayn Sheikh” supporting a ban on the cartoon, he states that he had nothing to do with it. Indeed, it is quite clear that the “Muslims against Peppa Pig” page (which has now been taken down) was set up by anti-Muslim bigots with the aim of smearing Islam.
When it comes to slandering Muslims, it seems, people will believe just about anything. And irresponsible journalists will happily feed the Islamophobic hysteria of their readers without bothering to check the accuracy of their reports.
Suhail Patel has further details.

http://www.islamophobiawatch.co.uk/press-whips-up-islamophobia-over-spoof-call-for-ban-on-peppa-pig/

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:03 pm

I know all that didge.
I'm talking about the actual and real Facebook page
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:35 pm

eddie wrote:I know all that didge.

What real one Eddie?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:38 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:I know all that didge.

What real one Eddie?

The real Facebook page called Muslims against Peppa Pig, didge.

If you're on FB just type it in your search bar
People are debating on it
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:44 pm

See also:

https://www.facebook.com/muslims4peppa
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:45 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

What real one Eddie?

The real Facebook page called Muslims against Peppa Pig, didge.

If you're on FB just type it in your search bar
People are debating on it

Not on FB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:52 pm

There seem to be a few "against" pages set up now, chaos as usual, but here's one:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/566485510143908/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:56 pm

Crikey, I'm sick of hearing the name "Peppa Pig" already ...

https://www.facebook.com/search/str/Muslims%2520against%2520peppa%2520pig/groups-named
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:56 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:There seem to be a few "against" pages set up now, chaos as usual, but here's one:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/566485510143908/

Still cannot see Ben, as I am not a member, sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:39 pm

actually eds the ABC channel concerned is Australian ....and yes they are looking to axe a lot of shows including peppa due to budget cuts not because of it being anti-Muslim.

even when these facebook groups have been shown the truth they carry on regardless as a chance to bash Muslims.....a few distant step-family members are members of these kind of groups and its quite sickening to me to read some of the stuff they post.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:32 pm

Cass wrote:actually eds the ABC channel concerned is Australian ....and yes they are looking to axe a lot of shows including peppa due to budget cuts not because of it being anti-Muslim.

even when these facebook groups have been shown the truth they carry on regardless as a chance to bash Muslims.....a few distant step-family members are members of these kind of groups and its quite sickening to me to read some of the stuff they post.

100% correct
Plus the Liberals don't like the ABC because you know truth in journalism and stuff Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes and not just showing the news as Dark Lord Rupert DEMANDS Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I'm willing to bet $50 that 100% of these are set up by non-Muslims pretending to be Muslims

Like Didge I don't FB so can't actually see them
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:38 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Cass wrote:actually eds the ABC channel concerned is Australian ....and yes they are looking to axe a lot of shows including peppa due to budget cuts not because of it being anti-Muslim.

100% correct
Plus the Liberals don't like the ABC because you know truth in journalism and stuff Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  and not just showing the news as Dark Lord Rupert DEMANDS Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I'm willing to bet $50 that 100% of these are set up by non-Muslims pretending to be Muslims

There's a whole cottage industry set up around being a fake Muslim (or "former Muslim") to bash Muslims ...

http://www.fakeexmuslims.com/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:07 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
100% correct
Plus the Liberals don't like the ABC because you know truth in journalism and stuff Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  and not just showing the news as Dark Lord Rupert DEMANDS Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

There's a whole cottage industry set up around being a fake Muslim (or "former Muslim") to bash Muslims ...

http://www.fakeexmuslims.com/

I'm aware. I pointed out the news article as my status and begged people to please investigate stories of outrage on social media before they "like" something and share it. It soon went quiet.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:16 am

veya_victaous wrote:

100% correct
Plus the Liberals don't like the ABC because you know truth in journalism and stuff Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes and not just showing the news as Dark Lord Rupert DEMANDS Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

ive learned not to comment or like on shared posts even if it is something I am interested in and even though my profile is set to private (same as Instagram) you get loonies bombarding you or sending friends requests. Um no thank you. Of course I could create a fake profile but A) I cant be bothered to go to all that bother B) goes against my principles to have fake/numerous ids C) I would never remember all those User names/ids and passwords.

Yes there are numerous great groups on FB etc...but I fell like this place gives me enough of my daily nuttiness........love you all xxxx
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:55 am

more than enough cass Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

:::tackle:::: ::::hug::::
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:22 am

Can I just add, that I am one of those people that do check things out on FB before I "like" or "share" them?

There was one rumour last Christmas that Muslims on FB were trying to ban a nativity picture being used by people on FB as a kind of Christmas card status.

It was pure rubbish! Not one Muslim had complained, publicly anyway, and I reported the false claims to FB and told them to announce e in some way that this was utter bullshit.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:36 pm

I know eds I saw the Christmas thing too. But in the case of Peppa Pig why are there still pages/groups going on and on about something that has been shown to be completely false? I mean what is the point of them now except to bash people? Because of the bus story currently in the news?

Personally I have never understood people that run crying to the papers/social media over certain things. Why this need to air your problems to the world at large? yes there has been some great positive social media stories that have done a lot of good such as the ice bucket challenge and Stephen but there are far more negative or completely made up ones that people share without checking it out and that leads to situations like this. its kind of in the same league as phone or email scans.

I know I haven't sent you the recipe yet....will try to this week. x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:38 pm

I know eds I saw the Christmas thing too. But in the case of Peppa Pig why are there still pages/groups going on and on about something that has been shown to be completely false? I mean what is the point of them now except to bash people? Because of the bus story currently in the news?

Personally I have never understood people that run crying to the papers/social media over certain things. Why this need to air your problems to the world at large? yes there has been some great positive social media stories that have done a lot of good such as the ice bucket challenge and Stephen but there are far more negative or completely made up ones that people share without checking it out and that leads to situations like this. its kind of in the same league as phone or email scans.

I know I haven't sent you the recipe yet....will try to this week. x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down