NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Must-See Animal Shots Among Photography Finalists

4 posters

Go down

Must-See Animal Shots Among Photography Finalists Empty Must-See Animal Shots Among Photography Finalists

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:02 pm

The Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition, a joint effort between BBC Wildlife and London's Natural History Museum, is now in its 50th year.
Winning photos become part of a debut exhibition and subsequent worldwide tour that will display 100 images culled from more than 40,000 entries. While the winning collection will debut on October 24 at the Natural History Museum, some image entries, including a few that will join the winning collection, have already been released. Following is a sample of nature photography at its most dazzling.

Must-See Animal Shots Among Photography Finalists Wpy-2014-auden-rikardsen-bearded-seal

In this first stunner, Auden Rikardsen snapped a bearded seal in a moment of reflection.

Must-See Animal Shots Among Photography Finalists Wpy-2014-stephan-tuengler-lioness

This lioness from Kenya does a little stretching to get ready for the hunt in a photo by Stephan Tuengler.

Must-See Animal Shots Among Photography Finalists Wpy-2014-marsel-van-oosten-smartphone-macaque

Marsel van Oosten snapped this striking image after a Japanese macaque grabbed a smartphone from a nearby tourist. 

Must-See Animal Shots Among Photography Finalists Wpy-2014-matthew-smith-man-o-war

A Portuguese man o' war was photographed by Matthew Smith off the coast of Australia's New South Wales. The amazing picture was chosen by organizers to be the promotional face of the competition

Must-See Animal Shots Among Photography Finalists Wpy-2014-mohammad-khorshed-owl

A short-eared owl in Kuwait strikes an ominous pose in this Mohammad Khorshed photo.

Must-See Animal Shots Among Photography Finalists Wpy-2014-justin-black-jaguar-caiman

It's jaguar vs. caiman in this picture taken alongside Brazil's Rio Três Irmãos. The scene was caught by Justin Black.

http://news.discovery.com/animals/must-see-animal-shots-among-photography-finalists-140923.htm

Back to top Go down

Must-See Animal Shots Among Photography Finalists Empty Re: Must-See Animal Shots Among Photography Finalists

Post by Cass Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:23 pm

wow......just wow......I want the jaguar please
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Must-See Animal Shots Among Photography Finalists Empty Re: Must-See Animal Shots Among Photography Finalists

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:51 pm

Cass wrote:wow......just wow......I want the jaguar please

That is clearly the best picture to me.
Though the Portuguese Man o war is also excellent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:20 pm

Cass wrote:wow......just wow......I want the jaguar please

You have them just south of you Cass. A group (pride?) of jaguars has recently moved into the Santa Rita Mountains, just south of Tucson. They have been following them with animal cams.

Must-See Animal Shots Among Photography Finalists 1538815_611189122310494_2437840253549819334_n

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=santa+rita+jaguar+

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:31 pm

I know I follow their updates......some of their film was used in that great series North America last year. one of the BEST nature shows ive ever watched.

I want one cause it would keep all my icky critters away....
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:24 pm

It would that.

Still, the best thing for the critters around the Sonora Desert is a small pack of dogs. Three black labs is what I had. Big cats, javelina, varmints...chased them all away.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:43 am

Makes me jealous, the only "wildlife" I've ever photographed was at a zoo :/

Still kind of proud of this one, though, I thought it was a tender moment:

Must-See Animal Shots Among Photography Finalists IMG_2748_zps73536e83
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:21 pm

I think that is a great shot Ben, captured the moment very well.

Here are some new ones:

10 Stunning Entries From The National Geographic Photo Contest 2014:

[ltr]The National Geographic 2014 Photo Contest has launched and the first selection of entries have been whittled down.[/ltr]

[ltr]As a leader in capturing our amazing world through brilliant imagery, National Geographic sets the standard for photographic excellence.[/ltr]

[ltr]Last year, they received over 7,000 entries from over 150 countries, with professional photographers and amateur photo enthusiasts across the globe participating in this magnificent photographic competition.[/ltr]

[ltr]The prestigious competition is accepting entries in three categories: people, places and nature. The Grand Prize Winner will receive $10,000 and a trip to National Geographic headquarters in Washington, D.C., to participate in the annual National Geographic Photography Seminar in January 2015. The First Place winner in each category will each receive $2,500 and his/her winning photograph will be published in National Geographic magazine.

Hello
Must-See Animal Shots Among Photography Finalists Slide_371670_4305218_freePhoto and caption by Misty Gage, National Geographic 2014 Photo Contest
Capturing this gentle giant's inquisitive nature was rather easy as he swam right up to us and just stared for several long seconds. I love all the bubbles and his cute little face. Photo Location: Point Defiance Zoo, Tacoma, WA, United States

[*]
Sunward
Must-See Animal Shots Among Photography Finalists Slide_371670_4305210_freePhoto and caption by Hasan Baglar, National Geographic 2014 Photo Contest
When the Mediterrenean Mantis opened its wings, It seemed very impressive at the sunshine ... Photo Location: Nicosia, Cyprus

[*]
20'000 Leagues Under The Sea
Must-See Animal Shots Among Photography Finalists Slide_371670_4305190_freePhoto and caption by Marc Henauer , National Geographic 2014 Photo Contest

This picture shows a genuine Industrial Diver System since 1895. It is part of the collection of an old retired diver who worked during the 1950s with this equipment in Lake Geneva.The equipment weighed 140 pounds and more air is supplied by a pump activated manually by two persons.The equipment is preserved in its original condition and works perfectly. This allowed us to try it in real conditions and achieve this photo. Photo Location: Geneva, Switzerland

[*]
Arctic Hi five
Must-See Animal Shots Among Photography Finalists Slide_371670_4305216_free

Photo and caption by Colin Mackenzie, National Geographic 2014 Photo Contest
Two Polar bear cubs full of adrenaline on iceflow in Svalbard. The mother was just trying to have a quiet stroll but the cubs were not having any of that. This was the male cub and he just was so entertaining to watch. Photo Location: Svalbard

[*]
Warming Up
Must-See Animal Shots Among Photography Finalists Slide_371670_4305194_free

Photo and caption by Hendy Mp , National Geographic 2014 Photo Contest
A curious Lemur Photo Location: Sambas,West Kalimantan,Indonesia

[*]
Half Dome Yosemite Large Fire
Must-See Animal Shots Among Photography Finalists Slide_371670_4305196_free

Photo and caption by Judge Helbig , National Geographic 2014 Photo Contest
This was taken at 3am with a 1-minute exposure showing Half Dome and the fire that was raging in the valley behind it. Photo Location: Yosemite Glacier Point CA.

[*]http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/09/30/national-geographic-photo-contest-2014-entries_n_5904898.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:21 pm

That last photo is stunning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:47 pm

I really like the mantis one, quite majestic-looking Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:49 pm

Agreed, it is very cool.... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down