NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fear mongering Australian Idiots in Politics: positive side effect only Athiests are Real Aussies

3 posters

Go down

Fear mongering Australian Idiots in Politics: positive side effect only Athiests are Real Aussies Empty Fear mongering Australian Idiots in Politics: positive side effect only Athiests are Real Aussies

Post by veya_victaous Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:36 am

Senator Lambie told an increasingly bewildered Barrie Cassidy on The Insiders that she believes anyone who doesn’t fully follow the Australian constitution should get out of the country. Given every religion has a code of law to follow and Senator Lambie’s residency criteria, apparently the only people who can live in Australia and in alignment with the constitution are atheists - a group whose spiritual leader needs “your a dick” tattooed on his forehead so he can look at it first thing every morning before settling in to say something else dickish on Twitter.

We’ve already established that, amazingly, religions have rules and that maybe Senator Lambie doesn’t understand that fact, or that religions contain a diversity of adherence and interpretation contained within. Given she has confused political extremism with religious practice, we’re not sure Senator Lambie understands much except the word ‘constitution’.

But maybe the senator doesn’t really understand the Constitution either. Like that part in the Constitution that has an express freedom of religion statement (section 116, if you're interested) and that the Commonwealth is prohibited from making "any law for establishing any religion, or for imposing any religious observance, or for prohibiting the free exercise of any religion".

Prohibiting the free exercise of any religion? Like that part where she and fellow ideological dreamboat Cory “I hate everything more than you, even myself in the cold dead of night” Bernardi are trying to ban the burqa or her one-woman mission to diss Sharia law?

http://www.thevine.com.au/life/news/10-things-welcome-to-the-terrordome-20140922-287126/?utm_source=thevine&utm_medium=featured-rotator&utm_campaign=internal-testing
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Fear mongering Australian Idiots in Politics: positive side effect only Athiests are Real Aussies Empty Re: Fear mongering Australian Idiots in Politics: positive side effect only Athiests are Real Aussies

Post by Guest Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:52 am

THis is right, people who do not obey the law should leave.
Claiming religious laws would supersede the nations law, shows why the writer of this article is an idiot, so claiming we should respect the law to stone people?
Execute children if they disobey their parents?

Of course not, religion is nothing more than a personal belief, which has to abide by the laws of the land, if not leave and find a nation that applies your religious laws

Back to top Go down

Fear mongering Australian Idiots in Politics: positive side effect only Athiests are Real Aussies Empty Re: Fear mongering Australian Idiots in Politics: positive side effect only Athiests are Real Aussies

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:06 am

Didge wrote:THis is right, people who do not obey the law should leave.
Claiming religious laws would supersede the nations law, shows why the writer of this article is an idiot, so claiming we should respect the law to stone people?

Of course not, religion is nothing more than a personal belief, which has to abide by the laws of the land, if not leave and find a nation that applies your religious laws

Well, I think the point is that she's claiming some kind of constitutional reason for banning the free expression of religion, when actually the constitution forbids the government from restricting the free expression of religion Rolling Eyes

Maybe I'm just weird, but I think I should have the right to walk down the street wearing, for example, an Anonymous mask without government interference. Maybe not go into a bank or get my ID taken in it, but in a free country, you have to justify the denial of freedoms, not the defense of freedoms.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:09 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Well, I think the point is that she's claiming some kind of constitutional reason for banning the free expression of religion, when actually the constitution forbids the government from restricting the free expression of religion Rolling Eyes

Maybe I'm just weird, but I think I should have the right to walk down the street wearing, for example, an Anonymous mask without government interference. Maybe not go into a bank or get my ID taken in it, but in a free country, you have to justify the denial of freedoms, not the defense of freedoms.

Again why should preferential treatment be given to people who follow faiths?
Do I get such treatment being an atheist?
No, so why should a religious person be given exceptions to the rule?
Again the point made is on following the law and if people do not wish to follow that law, what is wrong with that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:16 am

Didge wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Again why should preferential treatment be given to people who follow faiths?
Do I get such treatment being an atheist?
No, so why should a religious person be given exceptions to the rule?
Again the point made is on following the law and if people do not wish to follow that law, what is wrong with that?

That's why I used the non-religious example of the Anonymous masks -- which you could argue are worn by some with much the same fervor of a religious person, but the point remains, why defend the government telling people what they can and cannot do when their actions aren't leading to harm -- especially you, a conservative, who I'm given to believe doesn't believe in government possessing that kind of power to influence people's personal lives?

And -- the laws are supposed to be subservient to (and supportive of) the constitution, are they not? If the constitution says your right to do something will not be abridged, than abridging that right is against the constitution, at least in the absence of a judicial ruling, etc., that elaborates on the circumstances under which that right may be curtailed.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:20 am

Again, why should preference be given to people over beliefs?
The law is being twisted to allow for in reality discrimination towards, non believers of that faith.
So where do you draw the line on laws and religious laws, would you allow laws that would allow to kill people?
Of course not but you think some laws should be twisted to allow myths into our society?
Why should myths take preference within our laws?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:36 am

Didge you missed the bit where she thought she was attacking Muslims only.... but when going by the word of law, she actually would ban all religion but I don't think she meant that...

Subsequently atheists have been going 'gez your.. confused .... actually why don't you try and pass that Cool Cool Cool "
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:42 am

Again religion should not have preference within laws. 
These are myths that people follow and if they conflict with sane rational laws, of which the abrahamic faiths constantly do, being they discriminate against women for a start and we are kidding ourselves to think they are in anyway nice beliefs to follow.

Again why should myths take preference within our laws?
They are personal beliefs nothing more and should have no relevance towards the common sense laws of a land, the problem with religious laws, is they are unbreakable.
So religion should not have exceptions, again why should it?

If people want to believe in nonsense, that is up to them, but they should not get preferential treatment because of it

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:50 am

Didge they don't get extra rights....
the point of the OP is that she thought they could so tried to make thing to stop it but in doing so stuffed up and refereed back to the constitution that forbids religious preference thus the law she was going to try and passed would have Straight up Banned ALL Religion in Australia..

While no one think it will pass, Atheists are encouraging her While hoping she doesn't read the constitution and realises her mistake. so she tries to make it law.... it would be cool Religion would be illegal (but like I said it would never pass Sad she is a minor party senator)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down