NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is fracking a good idea?

3 posters

Go down

Is fracking a good idea? Empty Is fracking a good idea?

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:47 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/08/19/lawmaker-arrested-at-british-fracking-site-protest/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fworld+%28Internal+-+World+Latest+-+Text%29

IMO if it would reduce the cost of gas/electric costs then that is good imo and i was watching local London news today and they were saying that we will be importing gas from the US before we even get the fruits of fracking.

With ever increasing gas and electric bills perhaps this is a very positive move?

Back to top Go down

Is fracking a good idea? Empty Re: Is fracking a good idea?

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:47 pm

Fracking is a really fascinating and complex topic. On the one hand, there's the promise of extracting sources of energy we couldn't get at before in a world that is most definitely running out of fossil fuels. On the other, there are the confirmed reports of chemicals and gas getting into drinking water, causing some people to get drinking water that can be lit on fire, along with emerging evidence that fracking can lead to increased seismic activity.

This is not unlike the risk that comes with nuclear electricity generation, obviously. Disasters and contamination can happen really with almost any way of extracting or generating electricity. I think the question is whether the risks outweigh the benefits, and I think that question has definitely not been answered yet.

All these reasons and more are why this is how I get my electricity:

http://www.txu.com/Home/residential/promotions/search/sem-texas-choice-plans.aspx?noredirect&PromoCode=FACEBK&WT.tsrc=Social%20Campaigns&WT.mc_id=ONLSOCIALGOOGPLUS

cheers
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:37 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Fracking is a really fascinating and complex topic. On the one hand, there's the promise of extracting sources of energy we couldn't get at before in a world that is most definitely running out of fossil fuels. On the other, there are the confirmed reports of chemicals and gas getting into drinking water, causing some people to get drinking water that can be lit on fire, along with emerging evidence that fracking can lead to increased seismic activity.

This is not unlike the risk that comes with nuclear electricity generation, obviously. Disasters and contamination can happen really with almost any way of extracting or generating electricity. I think the question is whether the risks outweigh the benefits, and I think that question has definitely not been answered yet.

All these reasons and more are why this is how I get my electricity:

http://www.txu.com/Home/residential/promotions/search/sem-texas-choice-plans.aspx?noredirect&PromoCode=FACEBK&WT.tsrc=Social%20Campaigns&WT.mc_id=ONLSOCIALGOOGPLUS

cheers

We are on a dual fuel internet tariff and even though that's the cheapest around it still amounts to our biggest monthly expenditure and although it's fixed at the moment once the time limit ends they will wack it right up again.

Last year we had one of our coldest winters on record and it only just recently ended! lol! 

Anything that could reduce our future energy bills would be welcomed imo so it's worth the risk so that the elderly and the vulnerable don't freeze to death in the coming winters.

Back to top Go down

Is fracking a good idea? Empty As per usual they will not looking into the danger's of what they are doing

Post by captain Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:28 pm

My main three questions about fracking are what will the cost be to the country?  What sort damaging effects will this drilling have on the land itself and what sort of long lasting impact will this all be on the people???
One of my predictions, it will still be pricey for the consumer.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Is fracking a good idea? Empty LISTEN: Green MP Caroline Lucas On Her Arrest

Post by captain Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:26 am

Green Party MP Caroline Lucas says her decision to get involved in anti-fracking protests in West Sussex wasn't taken lightly.
She was arrested as protestors took part in a day of direct action outside the gates of energy firm Cuadrilla.
Police will tell her next week if they're going to press charges.
She could not understand why the police choose to detain her as she was not obstructing any roads and was protesting peacefully following months of bringing her concerns to parliament and finding herself "speaking to people with their fingers in their ears" on the subject. pale 

http://www.lbc.co.uk/listen-green-mp-caroline-lucas-on-why-she-got-arrested-76878
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:00 am

@jane
what? ok something is very wrong, because fracking defintily has enough proven issues to protest it.
we have been fracking here and there has been no end to the issues in the areas it has happend and unlike England we've been doing it barely inhabited areas I would hate to see the impact of doing it were lots of people live
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Is fracking a good idea? Empty Fracking human blood out of a stone

Post by captain Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:12 am

@veya_victaous

It is still unbelievable to me why and how human beings want to put people through such pain, placing whole families very homes in jeopardy, people will be forced into suffering just for these few abysmal, greedy, lawless, out of control people.

There was no consideration or any debate over the fracking being placed there, in fact this country has not heard a word of this on the media at all! Until it was to go ahead. This cooperation has even lied about the compensation the local communities were entitled too. Evil or Very Mad
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:22 am

captainJane wrote:Green Party MP Caroline Lucas says her decision to get involved in anti-fracking protests in West Sussex wasn't taken lightly.
She was arrested as protestors took part in a day of direct action outside the gates of energy firm Cuadrilla.
Police will tell her next week if they're going to press charges.
She could not understand why the police choose to detain her as she was not obstructing any roads and was protesting peacefully following months of bringing her concerns to parliament and finding herself "speaking to people with their fingers in their ears" on the subject. pale 

http://www.lbc.co.uk/listen-green-mp-caroline-lucas-on-why-she-got-arrested-76878
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/08/13/green-mp-caroline-lucas-i-am-disappointed-david-cameron-has-not-taken-a-stronger-stand-against-russias-anti-gay-laws/

We love Caroline and she is the only green member of parliament for Brighton where i lived for a few years.

I respect her views on this matter but i still think that fracking would be the best way to go to secure future energy supplies in this country and surely that would be cheaper than importing our energy.

Back to top Go down

Is fracking a good idea? Empty There are plenty of alternatives

Post by captain Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:05 am

far less hazardous, than fracking. The cost of human life and fixing any oncoming damage to the environment, far out ways any benefits!

@catman
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:33 am

I agree with Jane here Catman
there are other alternatives that are far safer etc but simply not profitable for the existing power suppliers.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:15 pm

captainJane wrote: far less hazardous, than fracking. The cost of human life and fixing any oncoming damage to the environment, far out ways any benefits!  

@catman
OK i don't know enough about it and will study further Smile

Back to top Go down

Is fracking a good idea? Empty No point in even researching,

Post by captain Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:32 am

it will go ahead anyway. It is all controlled by criminals who are governed by criminals, nothing can stop the insane with such power.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:50 pm

captainJane wrote:it will go ahead anyway. It is all controlled by criminals who are governed by criminals, nothing can stop the insane with such power.
I'm still leaning towards it though so long as it brings gas and electricity prices down but would welcome more information on the subject the prices are getting so high now that if you lived in this country you would welcome any kind of reduction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down