NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The First Successful Demonstration Of Brain-To-Brain Communication In Humans

+4
Lone Wolf
veya_victaous
nicko
Frazzled
8 posters

Go down

The First Successful Demonstration Of Brain-To-Brain Communication In Humans Empty The First Successful Demonstration Of Brain-To-Brain Communication In Humans

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:24 am

For the first time ever, neuroscientists have demonstrated the viability of direct — and completely non-invasive — brain-to-brain communication in humans. Remarkably, the experiment allowed subjects to exchange mentally-conjured words despite being 5,000 miles apart.

It's the neuroscientific equivalent of instant messaging. Two human subjects, one in India and one in France, successfully transmitted the words "hola" and "ciao" in a computer-assisted brain-to-brain transmission using internet-linked electroencephalogram (EEG) and robot-assisted image-guided transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) technologies.

It wasn't the most elegant set-up, but it represents an important step towards achieving technological enabled telepathy — the ability to exchange thoughts directly with another person.

http://io9.com/technologically-assisted-telepathy-demonstrated-in-huma-1630047523

Back to top Go down

The First Successful Demonstration Of Brain-To-Brain Communication In Humans Empty Re: The First Successful Demonstration Of Brain-To-Brain Communication In Humans

Post by Frazzled Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:49 am

Hmmmmm, sceptical  :ashmmmas:
Frazzled
Frazzled
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The First Successful Demonstration Of Brain-To-Brain Communication In Humans Empty Re: The First Successful Demonstration Of Brain-To-Brain Communication In Humans

Post by nicko Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:38 am

didge,didge didge, are you receiving? over!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:14 am

I saw this it is very interesting...
I'm Surprised they Could get something as advanced as a word first Suspect
But Generally I think this is/will be technologically possible fairly soon... may be while until it is consumer ready Neutral
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:28 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Frazzled wrote:
Hmmmmm, sceptical  :ashmmmas:

cyclops    I agree....

I give next to zero credence to any breakthroughs, discoveries or claimed "world firsts" that appear first on shonky websites or in the popular press, rather than in legitimate scientific and technical journals...   Suspect

Sorry bee, but it is in reputable science sites:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/09/140903105646.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:31 pm

My view though is more o the legality side if this can be achievable without the us of computers.
Imagine the legal nightmare of claims made of harassment or discrimination etc etc, how do you prove they have happened, through the mind?
If they have discovered this, which I am myself on the fence, what could the future be like with such a situation, where you would open up a can or worms for people to abuse?
That is why I am really interested in this, as it could be used to manipulate people as they sleep with thoughts or even abuse.

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:32 pm

The subject of telepathy is always interesting to me. Smile
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:52 pm

captainJane wrote:The subject of telepathy is always interesting to me. Smile

Me too captain Jane, and there is plenty of evidence it has interested the military and intelligence services of the world for many years

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:08 pm

if true....then this slightly creeps me out.....not sure exactly why.....perhaps mis-use?

funny how for years people ignored, locked up or made fun of people who claimed various governments communicated directly to their brains......maybe they weren't so looney after all? scratch
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:21 pm

Cass wrote:if true....then this slightly creeps me out.....not sure exactly why.....perhaps mis-use?

funny how for years people ignored, locked up or made fun of people who claimed various governments communicated directly to their brains......maybe they weren't so looney after all? scratch

Which is my point me Lady about mis-use and more so with manipulation, so am glad you see my point.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Frazzled Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:32 pm

I'm willing to be convinced.  I've always thought our brains are capable of much more than we use them for.  Like when you get that feeling that someone is staring at you and you turn round and they are.
Frazzled
Frazzled
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:36 pm

Frazzled wrote:I'm willing to be convinced.  I've always thought our brains are capable of much more than we use them for.  Like when you get that feeling that someone is staring at you and you turn round and they are.

I am no expert o the brain, but understand much of it we do not even use or know he capabilities of.
I do know for years during the cold war both the US ad eve more Russia invested heavily in programs trying to understand this, to use this as an advantage to know what your enemy was thinking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:57 pm

Sounds less like being able to invasively read someone's thoughts, and more like a brain-to-brain "phone" as it seems equipment is needed on both ends ...

Anybody read "Old Man's War" by John Scalzi? The soldiers in that series have brain-implanted computers they used to "text" one another with their thoughts ... of course, the device has a dumb marketing name, "BrainPal" Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:00 pm

I for one welcome it, as a person who sometimes finds myself wanting to send a text or e-mail but literally too lazy to pick up my phone ... Sleep
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:08 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I for one welcome it, as a person who sometimes finds myself wanting to send a text or e-mail but literally too lazy to pick up my phone ... Sleep

I have to admit that technology makes me lazy in my personal life, I text or email rather than picking up the phone and chatting The First Successful Demonstration Of Brain-To-Brain Communication In Humans Phone11

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:33 am

feelthelove wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I for one welcome it, as a person who sometimes finds myself wanting to send a text or e-mail but literally too lazy to pick up my phone ... Sleep

I have to admit that technology makes me lazy in my personal life, I text or email rather than picking up the phone and chatting The First Successful Demonstration Of Brain-To-Brain Communication In Humans Phone11

I'm the total opposite .....I hate texting so would rather pick up the phone for a chat.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:59 am

Didge wrote:
Cass wrote:if true....then this slightly creeps me out.....not sure exactly why.....perhaps mis-use?

Which is my point me Lady about mis-use  and more so with manipulation, so am glad you see my point.

x

It makes me so frustrated thinking about this wonder of telepathy, that is if it is a reality at all. Would be totally used and abused like everything else in our lives.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:06 am

captainJane wrote:
Didge wrote:

Which is my point me Lady about mis-use  and more so with manipulation, so am glad you see my point.

x

It makes me so frustrated thinking about this wonder of telepathy, that is if it is a reality at all. Would be totally used and abused like everything else in our lives.

correct
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:36 am

Didge wrote:For the first time ever, neuroscientists have demonstrated the viability of direct — and completely non-invasive — brain-to-brain communication in humans. Remarkably, the experiment allowed subjects to exchange mentally-conjured words despite being 5,000 miles apart.

It's the neuroscientific equivalent of instant messaging. Two human subjects, one in India and one in France, successfully transmitted the words "hola" and "ciao" in a computer-assisted brain-to-brain transmission using internet-linked electroencephalogram (EEG) and robot-assisted image-guided transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) technologies.

It wasn't the most elegant set-up, but it represents an important step towards achieving technological enabled telepathy — the ability to exchange thoughts directly with another person.

http://io9.com/technologically-assisted-telepathy-demonstrated-in-huma-1630047523

I'm not really surprised. The technology is there. The distance is nothing...the Interned is nothing new. So they connect two EEGs to the Internet...meh. Just like a telephone.

The breakthrough is the use of an EEG to transmit mental images...even in the same room. It's not that remote.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:31 am

I got this new keyboard, and to get to the top of the page now I have to hit "Function+Ctrl+Home." *Sigh* ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:09 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I got this new keyboard, and to get to the top of the page now I have to hit "Function+Ctrl+Home." *Sigh* ...

Luck you...I don't even have a 'fn' button.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down