NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tax discs will be scrapped in October:

2 posters

Go down

Tax discs will be scrapped in October: Empty Tax discs will be scrapped in October:

Post by Irn Bru Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:30 pm

Tax discs will be scrapped in October: do you know the rules?

http://cars.uk.msn.com/news/tax-discs-will-be-scrapped-in-october-do-you-know-the-rules#image=4

First I've heard of this
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Tax discs will be scrapped in October: Empty Re: Tax discs will be scrapped in October:

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:00 pm

Oh I have heard of it - and it is a con. Cars are no longer sold with remaining tax, the seller has to claim it back and the buyer has to get their own.

So if you sell a car in the middle of the month you can only claim back the full months remaining so the government keeps your half a month. Meanwhile the buyer has to pay a full month for the month he bought the middle of the car in - so the government gets another full month for the same car.

Back to top Go down

Tax discs will be scrapped in October: Empty Re: Tax discs will be scrapped in October:

Post by Irn Bru Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:11 pm

sphinx wrote:Oh I have heard of it - and it is a con.  Cars are no longer sold with remaining tax, the seller has to claim it back and the buyer has to get their own.

So if you sell a car in the middle of the month you can only claim back the full months remaining so the government keeps your half a month.  Meanwhile the buyer has to pay a full month for the month he bought the middle of the car in - so the government gets another full month for the same car.

Best sell or buy a car at the end of the month then?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:16 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
sphinx wrote:Oh I have heard of it - and it is a con.  Cars are no longer sold with remaining tax, the seller has to claim it back and the buyer has to get their own.

So if you sell a car in the middle of the month you can only claim back the full months remaining so the government keeps your half a month.  Meanwhile the buyer has to pay a full month for the month he bought the middle of the car in - so the government gets another full month for the same car.

Best sell or buy a car at the end of the month then?

How many people will bother though? OK people who live on bangernomics will try to but most wont bother. Besides which think about it - if you want to sell a car at the end of a month when do you advertise it? What if no-one shows any interest until the next month? Or someone is interested but cannot get the money till the next month?

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:51 am

I don't have to pay tax, Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down