NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going on a road trip for a few days

+3
Cass
veya_victaous
Ben Reilly
7 posters

Go down

Going on a road trip for a few days Empty Going on a road trip for a few days

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:04 am

I'll be checking in from time to time and doing my best to keep the 'Renard' story going ... wish me fun on the hot sweaty Texas highways!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Going on a road trip for a few days Empty Re: Going on a road trip for a few days

Post by veya_victaous Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:34 am

have Fun  ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: 

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Going on a road trip for a few days Empty Re: Going on a road trip for a few days

Post by Cass Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:49 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:I'll be checking in from time to time and doing my best to keep the 'Renard' story going ... wish me fun on the hot sweaty Texas highways!

I WASN'T INVITED?????

Pfft........may all your Mexican food on the trip give you some Montezuma's revenge.

ok seriously have fun and BE SAFE already x
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:06 am

Have a fantastic time Ben and drive safely! ::cheerlead:: xxx

PS - you do have aircon right??!!  ::D::

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:25 am

Remember to drive on the right.

Enjoy have a great time
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:59 am

Have a great time Benji.
I won't blow the forum up

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:01 am

eddie wrote:Have a great time Benji.

Got your garlic yesterday in the fantastic market.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:02 am

gerber wrote:
eddie wrote:Have a great time Benji.

cheers thanks Gerbs!! Gorgeous!! Xx

Don't bloody eat it or let Cass get her grubby mitts on it!!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:18 am

Have a great time Ben, driven from Houston to the Big Bend area, my word, that land went on for ever, made me feel like an ant in the universe. Enjoy the freedom!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:28 am

Have a lovely time Ben,it sounds very exciting  cheers x
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:35 pm

eddie wrote:
gerber wrote:

cheers thanks Gerbs!! Gorgeous!! Xx

Don't bloody eat it or let Cass get her grubby mitts on it!!

OI!!!! I've just showered thank you very much.......but yeah me oven mitts do need a wash......

Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:02 pm

Thanks, everyone! At the hotel now; trying to decide on writing or sleeping. Decisions ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:10 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Thanks, everyone! At the hotel now; trying to decide on writing or sleeping. Decisions ...

Depends how far you have driven!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:58 pm

Sassy wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Thanks, everyone! At the hotel now; trying to decide on writing or sleeping. Decisions ...

Well, that and the fact that in order to get to a nice early start, I stayed at my brother's house last night, in his guest bedroom. Which has one bad bed and one nice one that, when I tried to crawl into it in the dark, turned out to be full of broken glass from a window he hadn't known was broken ... luckily I'm not all cut up.

So, I tried to sleep in the bad bed and might have done so if it hadn't been for this awesome stopwatch alarm going off at 2:30 in the morning for some reason.

Now I'm tired but I don't really see sleep happening ... ah well. It beats being stuck at home, working Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:59 pm

OMG!!!! Really restful night then!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:19 am

Shocked hope you get a better night sleep tomorrow x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm

Have a smashing time
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:54 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Well, that and the fact that in order to get to a nice early start, I stayed at my brother's house last night, in his guest bedroom. Which has one bad bed and one nice one that, when I tried to crawl into it in the dark, turned out to be full of broken glass from a window he hadn't known was broken ... luckily I'm not all cut up.

So, I tried to sleep in the bad bed and might have done so if it hadn't been for this awesome stopwatch alarm going off at 2:30 in the morning for some reason.

Now I'm tired but I don't really see sleep happening ... ah well. It beats being stuck at home, working Smile

You need to get proper sleep if you are driving long distances Ben, it's not safe  Sad 

Take care, drive carefully, get some sleep and above all have a great time and enjoy the adventure!!!  ::cheerlead::  xxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:07 am

I'm home! Yes, human beings do need plenty of sleep when driving long distances. My people don't really need as much, but I appreciate the concern  alien 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:42 am

Welcome home Ben x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:41 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:I'm home! Yes, human beings do need plenty of sleep when driving long distances. My people don't really need as much, but I appreciate the concern  alien 

Welcome home Ben and just in time for the English football season, woohoo.

Hope you had a great break

How is your local team doing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:46 am

Dallas lost to Baltimore, 37-30.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:09 am

Original Quill wrote:Dallas lost to Baltimore, 37-30.

lol, not American Football but soccer Quill, though do enjoy watching also.

::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:01 am

Dallas and Baltimore in preseason NFL? No thanks. FC Dallas humiliated San Jose five-nil tonight, that's what I care about. Smile Akindele's off-the-post goal was easily worth every touchdown the Cowboys might score -- no, let's make it interesting, every field-goal they kick -- in the 2014 season, to me. Fuck the Cowboys.

I actually pretty much hate the Dallas Cowboys these days. Mind you, I was a fan until Jones really started to sink his tendrils into the franchise, and before Tony "I throw interceptions and smile about it" Romo became entrenched as the Only Quarterback Dallas Will Consider Starting. It was then that I realized, those people hate me and laugh at my suffering Smile

Haven't seen any EPL yet, my brother let me know he watched Everton play ... um ... somebody recently promoted, this morning while pretending to be asleep ... he said it was a good game, though Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:10 am

FC Dallas has 39 points, good for third in the Western Conference and just three behind Salt Lake, the conference leader. Dallas has not been defeated in MLS competition since late May -- that's 11 matches with a 7-0-4 record.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:47 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:I'm home! Yes, human beings do need plenty of sleep when driving long distances. My people don't really need as much, but I appreciate the concern  alien 

Going on a road trip for a few days Welcom11 Ben, hope you had a good time! x

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:06 am

feelthelove wrote:

Going on a road trip for a few days Welcom11 Ben, hope you had a good time! x

Seconded and all the smillies too
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:00 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Dallas and Baltimore in preseason NFL? No thanks. FC Dallas humiliated San Jose five-nil tonight, that's what I care about. Smile Akindele's off-the-post goal was easily worth every touchdown the Cowboys might score -- no, let's make it interesting, every field-goal they kick -- in the 2014 season, to me. Fuck the Cowboys.

I actually pretty much hate the Dallas Cowboys these days. Mind you, I was a fan until Jones really started to sink his tendrils into the franchise, and before Tony "I throw interceptions and smile about it" Romo became entrenched as the Only Quarterback Dallas Will Consider Starting. It was then that I realized, those people hate me and laugh at my suffering Smile

Haven't seen any EPL yet, my brother let me know he watched Everton play ... um ... somebody recently promoted, this morning while pretending to be asleep ... he said it was a good game, though Smile

Glad to hear they are doing well Ben   ::D:: 

Arsenal left it late, but won, but Man United lost their first game at home to Swansea, so they were not off to a very good start.   ::D::

Last edited by Didge on Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:07 am

Welcome back Benji x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:16 pm

Thanks, everyone. I did not get a rock, but I did buy a stick.  ::D:: 

Seriously, you need one if you're me and you're trying to hike through this:

Going on a road trip for a few days Pedernales_Falls_7
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:31 pm

Stayed on a ranch in the Big Bend area and hiked from there, so long ago it was when Jesse Jackson was trying to be President!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down