NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kansas Farmer Wows The Cows With Trombone

Go down

Kansas Farmer Wows The Cows With Trombone Empty Kansas Farmer Wows The Cows With Trombone

Post by Guest Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:10 pm

A video shows a farmer luring his cows over the hill with a trombone - before the herd lines up and moos along to the tune.

Kansas Farmer Wows The Cows With Trombone Kansas-farmer4-1-942x530

A farmer from Kansas has found a novel way of entertaining his cows - by serenading them with his trombone.

Derek Klingenberg, who describes his farm as the place "where I raise grain, beef, kids and creativity", posted his performance on his YouTube site.

The 35-year-old played the Lorde song Royals to draw in his herd.

The video shows him sitting alone in a field playing his instrument.

Gradually, the viewer sees a cow on the horizon and then, slowly but surely, the rest of the herd catch up and pace towards their boss.
The farmer plays and the cows appear on the horizon

Eventually they line up in rows several metres in front of the farmer, mooing along to the tune.

Even though he began learning the trombone in fifth grade at school, the farmer has only been playing to his cows over the past five weeks.

The reason he drew the crowd was, he told the Daily News, because cows are curious creatures - they also know they are in for a treat, and not just a musical one.

Performance time fits in with a snack of molasses and that is the principal draw, the cattleman admitted.

"When they hear it they know they're getting a treat," he said.

"They're curious. They're a good audience."

This is not his first hit.

Another creative parody on What Does The Fox Say went viral last year, with more than four million hits in two months.

"It's weird," Mr Klingenberg told The Kansas City Star. "Millions of people all over the world watch my stuff, but I haven't left the farm. I'm just reading about it on my phone."

http://news.sky.com/story/1313311/kansas-farmer-wows-the-cows-with-trombone

I wonder if they are into jazz?

Back to top Go down

Kansas Farmer Wows The Cows With Trombone Empty Re: Kansas Farmer Wows The Cows With Trombone

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:12 pm

That's so weird, I woke up with "Royals" running through my head and had to call it up on YouTube.

I wonder if trombones sound like a cow singing if you're a cow?  ::D:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Kansas Farmer Wows The Cows With Trombone Empty Re: Kansas Farmer Wows The Cows With Trombone

Post by Guest Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:17 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:That's so weird, I woke up with "Royals" running through my head and had to call it up on YouTube.

I wonder if trombones sound like a cow singing if you're a cow?  ::D:: 

A bit!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down