NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farmer saws off his own leg with pocket knife after becoming stuck in machinery

2 posters

Go down

Farmer saws off his own leg with pocket knife after becoming stuck in machinery Empty Farmer saws off his own leg with pocket knife after becoming stuck in machinery

Post by eddie Sat May 18, 2019 11:17 pm

A farmer had to saw off his own leg with a pocket knife after he became stuck in a piece of machinery.

Kurt Kaser, from Nebraska, was unloading corn before he climbed out of his truck and accidentally stepped on the opening of a grain auger.

The equipment is used to transport grain and has a part inside resembling a large drill-bit.

Mr Kaser said he became caught as the device pulled at his leg, tearing away skin, muscle and tissue.

The farmer, who lives in the village of Pender, told ABC News: "I stepped right in the damn thing. It grabbed hold of me.

"I can remember seeing it start and I go, 'this ain't good'.

"And then when my foot was in the there banging around, I was trying to hold my leg, pulling it out, and I said, 'This is not good'."

Farmer saws off his own leg with pocket knife after becoming stuck in machinery 1a8b9a10

Mr Kaser continued: "I about gave up and said, 'Whatever happens happens. If it sucks me in all the way, it's over with'.

"But then, all at once, I thought of my pocket knife."

The farmer said at one point he nearly dropped the three to four-inch blade into the auger, but once he had a good grip he started sawing off his leg about eight inches below the knee.

Mr Kaser said he doesn't remember experiencing much pain and he didn't notice a lot of blood.

He continued: "Adrenaline kicked in so much that I don't know if it hurt or not."

https://news.sky.com/story/farmer-saws-off-his-own-leg-with-pocket-knife-after-becoming-stuck-in-machinery-11720298
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Farmer saws off his own leg with pocket knife after becoming stuck in machinery Empty Re: Farmer saws off his own leg with pocket knife after becoming stuck in machinery

Post by Vintage Sat May 18, 2019 11:22 pm

I hope it was only bits and pieces still attached that he cut through as opposed to the whole leg, how would he get through bone with a penknife type thing, not sure I want to read that.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Farmer saws off his own leg with pocket knife after becoming stuck in machinery Empty Re: Farmer saws off his own leg with pocket knife after becoming stuck in machinery

Post by eddie Sat May 18, 2019 11:25 pm

That’s what I thought Vintage. I am not sure I could do it. I’d probably pass out from the sight of blood and stringy bits. pale
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat May 18, 2019 11:35 pm

You'd probably do it, its amazing what you do when you are desperate, animals bite off their own legs when caught in traps, it seems a deep seated survival thing in all animals. A man in the US got his arm stuck between two huge rocks, he couldn't move his arm nor the rocks and eventually sawed trough his whole arm with a pen knife. Mind you I expect his arm was numb by the time he did it about two days after being caught. Horrible thought though.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 18, 2019 11:58 pm

Vintage wrote:You'd probably do it, its amazing what you do when you are desperate, animals bite off their own legs when caught in traps, it seems a deep seated survival thing in all animals. A man in the US  got his arm stuck between two huge rocks, he couldn't move his arm nor the rocks and eventually sawed trough his whole arm with a pen knife. Mind you I expect his arm was numb by the time he did it about two days after being caught. Horrible thought though.

That was made into a film - I’ve seen it. Those kind of films are right up my street.
It’s called “27 hours” I think.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down