NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

France's Jews Flee As Rioters Burn Paris Shops, Attack Synagogue

Go down

France's Jews Flee As Rioters Burn Paris Shops, Attack Synagogue Empty France's Jews Flee As Rioters Burn Paris Shops, Attack Synagogue

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:58 am

[ltr]France's politicians and community leaders have criticised the "intolerable" violence against Paris' Jewish community, after a pro-Palestinian rally led to the vandalizing and looting of Jewish businesses and the burning of cars.[/ltr]
[ltr]It is the third time in a week where pro-Palestinian activists have clashed with the city's Jewish residents. On Sunday, locals reported chats of "Gas the Jews" and "Kill the Jews", as rioters attacked businesses in the Sarcelles district, known as "little Jerusalem".[/ltr]
[ltr]Manuel Valls, France's prime minister said: “What happened in Sarcelles is intolerable. An attack on a synagogue and on a kosher shop is simply anti-Semitism. Nothing in France can justify this violence.”[/ltr]

[ltr]http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/07/22/france-jewish-shops-riot_n_5608612.html?utm_hp_ref=uk[/ltr]

Back to top Go down

France's Jews Flee As Rioters Burn Paris Shops, Attack Synagogue Empty Re: France's Jews Flee As Rioters Burn Paris Shops, Attack Synagogue

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:38 am

wrong at every level .....

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

France's Jews Flee As Rioters Burn Paris Shops, Attack Synagogue Empty Re: France's Jews Flee As Rioters Burn Paris Shops, Attack Synagogue

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:44 am

thats true zack

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:55 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:Luckily it's just talk right now. Those with a rational brain over there must nip this sort of thing in the bud.

Esp. Any community leaders need to be more vocal.

This is what happens to Muslims here, when some extremism happens and rightly community leaders need to do more, but the language used here is the real concern, using again reference to the holocaust.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:02 am

I think we have to be careful over "the use of language" didge...

horrendous though the holocaust was, obviously, if you want to insult/terrify your target you use language which alludes to their worst nightmare....would those actions have been any "less bad" if they had suggested that they should all be crucified? I think sometimes it is US that are "over sensitive" about such terms, perhaps having for some reason absorbed some of the "angst" that germany suffers from, which has largely crippled them since.

would I use such references...no, but then again I wouldnt use references of sexual violence to a woman who had been raped (or had family members raped) no matter how much I despised the old bat....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:14 am

victorisnotamused wrote:I think we have to be careful over "the use of language" didge...

horrendous though the holocaust was, obviously, if you want to insult/terrify your target you use language which alludes to their worst nightmare....would those actions have been any "less bad" if they had suggested that they should all be crucified? I think sometimes it is US that are "over sensitive" about such terms, perhaps having for some reason absorbed some of the "angst" that germany suffers from, which has largely crippled them since.

would I use such references...no, but then again I wouldnt use references of sexual violence to a woman who had been raped (or had family members raped) no matter how much I despised the old bat....

I agree, but sadly it seems this conflict always brings out such hateful references, for example look at this old clip later below:
My point is that such hate can run so deep, where as seen some of the most appalling language is used and it is clearly coming from such anger, but also what else? What Israel does as a Government, should not be justification to cast all Jews, just the same as the action of a Islamist nation or terrorist, should not be justification to use such hate against Muslims.
To me the media can be very much to blame in how they incite violence, by whipping up an atmosphere of fear, where it then escalates to words and then even worse violence:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down