NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Cameron has insured one final insult for workers dying because of their jobs

3 posters

Go down

David Cameron has insured one final insult for workers dying because of their jobs Empty David Cameron has insured one final insult for workers dying because of their jobs

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:36 am

Even workers gasping for final breaths are targets to be short-changed by Tory toff David Cameron.

Mesothelioma is unlikely to claim lives of privileged Old Etonians who enjoy a magic carpet ride through life.

The fatal lung disease is the curse of the industrial working class, claiming the lives of 2,500 people a year who endure agonising deaths in face masks attached to oxygen cylinders.

The asbestos killer casts a long, terrifying shadow over those who worked in shipyards, ­petrochemical plants, mines and construction.

Fibres inhaled up to 50 years earlier suddenly trigger a cancer that is a death sentence. There is no cure. Within 18 months another family will be mourning the loss of a loved one.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/david-cameron-insured-one-final-3852832#ixzz37WJvkBDT

They're not bloody shy when it comes to knocking those suffering from illnesses that they contracted through no fault of their own are they?

Bloody chancers.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

David Cameron has insured one final insult for workers dying because of their jobs Empty Re: David Cameron has insured one final insult for workers dying because of their jobs

Post by eddie Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:38 am

That's awful!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

David Cameron has insured one final insult for workers dying because of their jobs Empty Re: David Cameron has insured one final insult for workers dying because of their jobs

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:45 am

I couldn't really follow that article tbh. What's the issue exactly?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:51 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I couldn't really follow that article tbh. What's the issue exactly?

I think it's commonly known as asbestosis, a disease contracted by working with asbestos products. The deal appears to be that the Tories and the insurance companies have stitched up a scheme where the money spent on legal fees will be deducted from the awards they are rightly due.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:53 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I couldn't really follow that article tbh. What's the issue exactly?

I think it's commonly known as asbestosis, a disease contracted by working with asbestos products. The deal appears to be that the Tories and the insurance companies have stitched up a scheme where the money spent on legal fees will be deducted from the awards they are rightly due.

Bloody underhand and totally disrespectful.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:00 am

Irn Bru wrote:

I don't see what it has to do with Cameron or anyone else really. What's in it for him?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:03 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

I don't see what it has to do with Cameron or anyone else really. What's in it for him?

Dated July 13, 2012, the existence of the hitherto private document suggests ministers had reached an understanding with insurers – some of who bankroll the Tory Party – when they were claiming in public that it was open to discussions.

He is the prime minister, isn't he?

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:05 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Dated July 13, 2012, the existence of the hitherto private document suggests ministers had reached an understanding with insurers – some of who bankroll the Tory Party – when they were claiming in public that it was open to discussions.

Yes, but he doesn't run the insurance companies.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:12 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

No but they do fund the tory party. So Cameron agrees to allow the insurance companies to deduct costs from awards and said insurance companies continue to fund the tory party

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:16 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well on that score I certainly don't intend to spend much more of my time exchanging views with you over this and suggest you spare a thought for those that will be made much more worse of because of a deal that suggests there has been a stitch up between the government and the insurers.

Carry on....
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:20 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well on that score I certainly don't intend to spend much more of my time exchanging views with you over this and suggest you spare a thought for those that will be made much more worse of because of a deal that suggests there has been a stitch up between the government and the insurers.

Carry on....

It might have been more useful if you could have explained the situation more instead of getting in a huff.

You carry on getting outraged.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:21 am

Nems wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No but they do fund the tory party. So Cameron agrees to allow the insurance companies to deduct costs from awards and said insurance companies continue to fund the tory party

Are the insurance companies not allowed to do that anyway?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:25 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nems wrote:

Are the insurance companies not allowed to do that anyway?

As I understand it the award made is paid in full and the losers (the insurance company) pay costs

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:35 am

So this is to do with the Mesothelioma Act then. I'm still not really following it, but this link might help.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mesothelioma-compensation-truth-behind-payouts-3802786
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down