NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has the West had its day?

4 posters

Go down

Has the West had its day? Empty Has the West had its day?

Post by Guest Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:48 am

Sky News this morning featured a school bus that's being used as a 'Hunger Bus' to feed kids in Tennessee. Says that one in four kids in the USA are going hungry today.

I grew up in an era when there were no hungry kids in western countries; thought this was progress, and stories of the 1930s and such were just history. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine a repeat of those days in 2013! Hunger buses in the USA - foodbanks in the UK! Just unbelievable. How did it ever get to this? Have we seen the best and are now in decline, or will we recover and re-live the good times? Doesn't look good to me.

Back to top Go down

Has the West had its day? Empty Re: Has the West had its day?

Post by Lurker Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:51 pm

How did it ever get to this? The top 1% have 99% of the world's wealth and don't give a damn about anybody but themselves.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:52 pm

Has the West had its day? 0320_tent_460x276

This is in California, and no, these people aren't attending a concert -- it's where they lived, in 2009.

Welcome aboard, Veritas! Do we know you from anywhere or are you a newbie? :D
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:39 am

Honestly got to say yes
For years it was US or Europe we would pander to to sell our goods and holiday destinations.
Now it is all Asians, the Chinese will spend like it is going out of style. So I think the Economic power has already shifted.

But what Lurker said is also a big part of it. USA has become Corrupted by the Rich that treat everyone else like slaves, it doesn't have enough social security and the Poor are too Dumb (thanks to education cuts) to Demand it.

Some how the Lie that Hardwork leads to Wealth has been propogated in your country, seriously look how rich JayZ is for being an Entertainer, thats why the West Deserves to Lose it all. We had it, we were going to space then the People said I'd prefer to spend the Money of Pro-Sport an Hollywood than technical advancement of our speices.

All the Waste on Advertising, it literally produces nothign so when 70% plus of your economy revolves around Advertising like it does in the West then Obviosuly you are wasting Huge amounts of Resources So Brad Pitt can get paid a few million for saying so Random Words for Channel.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:51 am

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:38 pm

affraid That's the way that things are going!

Be thankful for a crust of bread in the end work all hours and then you might still lose you house and have to rely on food banks in the meantime.

Of course Mary antro (something) told them all to eat cake before the French revolution and that didn't go down very well at all!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:45 pm

Yes everything if fine you just bury your head in the sand and just carry on! study 

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:52 am

Uncle Remus! That was a wonderful movie. It had ZERO to do with racism and it's a shame "Song of the South" was banned.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:02 pm

In an ideal world all wealth would distributed evenly and there would be no hunger.
I have a feeling that this 'hungerbus' is the beginning of the end. Sad 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down