NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spain: Four injured on first day of Running of the Bulls

5 posters

Go down

Spain: Four injured on first day of Running of the Bulls  Empty Spain: Four injured on first day of Running of the Bulls

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:19 pm

Spain's famous San Fermin bull run got underway today, with four people hospitalised in the controversial chase on its first day.

Spain: Four injured on first day of Running of the Bulls  Article_img
Runners dress in white with red neckerchiefs and many spectators stay up drinking all night in bars beforehand. Credit: Reuters

The race forms part of a week-long festival in the northern city of Pamplona in honour of the co-patron saint of the Nevarra region.

One runner was gored in the thigh on the first day, and another three suffered fractures during the 2-and-a-half minute race, according to the Red Cross.

A man watches from the floor as a bull charges towards him. Credit: Reuters

Huge crowds mass to the fiesta each year, during which hundreds are chased by the creatures down a half-mile course of narrow streets.

Throughout its history, injuries have been common at the Running of the Bulls, with 15 deaths reported since 1910.

A fighting cow leaps over festival goers as she enters the ring. Credit: Reuters

To reduce the number of injuries, hundreds of Red Cross volunteers line the streets, ready to treat anyone left hurt.

The run takes place every morning at 8am throughout the week, and is launched when a firecracker announces their release from their corral.

A runner falls in front of the Torrestrella fighting bulls. Credit: Reuters

It ends at Pamplona's bull ring, where the beasts will later be killed by bullfighters.

Tens of thousands turned out yesterday to celebrate the start of the festival, holding red scarves to mark the start of 204 hours of music, dancing, drinking and bullfighting.

Thousands celebrated the start of the festival in Pamplona on Sunday.

http://www.itv.com/news/2014-07-07/four-injured-in-the-first-day-of-spains-running-of-the-bulls/

Good for the bulls, horrible custom!

Back to top Go down

Spain: Four injured on first day of Running of the Bulls  Empty Re: Spain: Four injured on first day of Running of the Bulls

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:32 pm

Only four injuries and no deaths ?
Shame

Back to top Go down

Spain: Four injured on first day of Running of the Bulls  Empty Re: Spain: Four injured on first day of Running of the Bulls

Post by eddie Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:25 pm

Nems wrote:Only four injuries and no deaths ?
Shame

Was just going to say the same thing.
This sport is barbaric.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:27 pm

I don't know how they can even regard it as a 'sport'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:32 pm

Jeez, I thought this had been outlawed ages ago.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:37 pm

Should have been shouldn't it!

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:39 pm

I'm really surprised only 4 people were injured. Doesn't that make doing this safer than participating in Black Friday.
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:45 pm

jaded fox wrote:I'm really surprised only 4 people were injured. Doesn't that make doing this safer than participating in Black Friday.

Black Friday, am I right, is that a shopping thing in America?

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:49 pm

Sassy wrote:
jaded fox wrote:I'm really surprised only 4 people were injured. Doesn't that make doing this safer than participating in Black Friday.

Day after our thanksgiving day a lot of retailers start the Christmas season with huge sales. There have been trampling deaths at Walmart over it
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:50 pm

jaded fox wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Day after our thanksgiving day a lot of retailers start the Christmas season with huge sales. There have been trampling deaths at Walmart over it

OMG!

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:21 pm

Sassy wrote:
jaded fox wrote:

OMG!

black friday death count
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:26 pm

one of my mates went to spain

he was near a bull fighting arena and saw a restaurant, so in he goes since it was lunch time
he see this bloke at there eating two large meat balls, and says to the waiter....they look good, I'll have them as well.

Sorry Sir says te waiter, they are ze bulls testicles, a delicacy and in short supply, so you have to pre order them...we can fit you in tomorow if you like

Ok says my mate ...I'll be here at 2 prompt.

Next day he turns up at 2 and the waiter brings out the plate and whips off the cover....revaeling two tiny shriveld meat balls....

OI says my mate...these are tiny compared to what that bloke had yesterday....why is that

Sorry sir , says the waiter...sometimes.....
......ZE bull wins... Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:59 pm

lol! lol! lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:36 am

Are these the people who throw goats and donkeys off towers?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:43 am

Dunno Nicko, thought the Spanish just had a thing about Bulls!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:31 am

They do it sassy, perhaps some one else can verify it!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down