NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia to reject future refugees, send them to Papua New Guinea

2 posters

Go down

Australia to reject future refugees, send them to Papua New Guinea Empty Australia to reject future refugees, send them to Papua New Guinea

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:49 am

I think this is just heartless:

CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — Australia's prime minister warned Friday that all refugees who arrive in the country by boat will be resettled on the island nation of Papua New Guinea, a policy shift that rights groups immediately condemned.

The move, described by Prime Minister Kevin Rudd as "very hard line," aims to deter an escalating number of asylum seekers who travel to Australia in rickety fishing boats from poor, war-torn homelands through other countries such as Indonesia and Malaysia.

The growing influx is a major political problem for Rudd's Labor Party, which is the clear underdog in elections expected within months.

"From now on, any asylum seeker who arrives in Australia by boat will have no chance of being settled in Australia as refugees," Rudd told reporters after signing a pact with Prime Minister Peter O'Neill of Papua New that will enable Australia to deport refugees there.

The policy was condemned by refugee and human rights advocates.

The new plan "shows not only a complete disregard for asylum seekers but absolute contempt for legal and moral obligations," said Graeme McGregor, Amnesty International's refugee campaign coordinator for Australia.

http://news.yahoo.com/australia-send-refugees-papua-guinea-095228523.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Australia to reject future refugees, send them to Papua New Guinea Empty Re: Australia to reject future refugees, send them to Papua New Guinea

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:13 am

Stupid Labor Party. they are meant to be the Left wing but have become too middle, so now they are trying to out cruel the Libral Party in dealing with asylum seekers to swing the all importnat Racist Vote.
Fuck I hate the amount of Power a Racist minority have gotten. the problem is since their vote goes with whoever runs with their little self delude Fear-circle-jerk and has the most extreme reaction to Boat refugees. Oddly they have no concern about refugess that arrive via plane (or at least they don't openly say they do but.. they do) but arrive via boat and hlaf of them want to blow it out of the water.

This is really Internal Politics and it is Bullshit cover politics too, Pollies always seem to run this out when they have nothing better to hide the last pay rise they gave them self with. Too many Idiots that beleive 'stop the boats' is a valid political view in country where it boat arrivals make up less than 10% of refugees and really we haven't had to take too many in recent years(before the last 3-4) because SE asian region has been pretty stable.

But why it is a Smart move by Kevin Rudd, Tony Abbot keeps going on for the last 3 years how he'll stop the boats and really built up this hysteria that there is a amarda of refugee boats coming to end the Australia way of life. Tony is a Complete liar going on about Australia debt like it is huge when it is tiny compared to 99% of other nations at the moment, Libral party has been Running a Fear and Smear campaign for the whole term because it has been a Minority gov't (very rare in Australia) and he is a jack ass that not many people like but it 'Good' at attacking other people so that all he has done for years now (already costing Julia Gillard top job as she could never get traction because regardless of the quality of legistation Abbot was getting his party to vote No.) but Out Assholing Abbot on the refugee issue Rudd has effectivly taken the election issue Abbot had built up the most momentum on, off the table (Racists win either way:no: ). Kevin doesn't have to worry about the Left wing because we will vote Greens(minor party) who normally preference Labor anyway (thats how Labor won control of the Split Parlimant last election) this also means that once elected he can drop the more extreme elements and blame it on consessions to the Greens. Note: Kevin has Gained like 20 Points turning what was a 30-70 split into a 50-50 race at the election later this year.

I'm hoping but wont hold my breath that the liberals respond by dumping Abbot and Promoting Malcom Turnbull he is really different as he is a self made millionaire, highly respected in business circles, an enviromentalist and socially conscious meaning he could steal alot of the Left vote while keeping a lot of the right (he would have mine) when he started in Politics he was courted by Both major parties as he could easily fit in either of them.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Australia to reject future refugees, send them to Papua New Guinea Empty catchy chants

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:42 am

"Refugees yes; racism no. PNG policy has got to go."

"Kevin Rudd you racist coward; we don't need another Howard."

~Howard refers to ex-prime minister, John Howard, who Made Refugees particually boat arrivals the political football it is today.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national-news/federal-election/rowdy-protesters-descend-on-kevin-rudd-and-his-caucus-meeting-in-sydney/story-fnho52ip-1226683003485#ixzz2ZjajwZj1
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Australia to reject future refugees, send them to Papua New Guinea Empty Re: Australia to reject future refugees, send them to Papua New Guinea

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:17 am

And that "we're going to dump them in PNG" with apparently not even consulting PNG on the matter! First of all, PNG sounds like the sort of place a lot of people would seek asylum *from*, so that's no solution. I don't know, I'm just disappointed -- it sounds like something ... well ... that America would do No 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:19 am

@ben
It is what America would do. the Amount of Aussie that go on like the world is going to end Because the TV told them whatever is crazy. and More than Half the time what they're talking about is a Non issue here it is a problem in the US but not here but the TV said we're in Recession whats the gov't doing about it. We are not in recession (and the TV doesn't say We it say the USA) and haven't had one for 20 years!!! We don't have illegal immigrants stealling Jobs (our tax system means costs the employer heavily to do so) Seriously US control of Media in Australia means that More and More Aussies want to Act like America. By that I mean be ignorant, retarded cowards (Present Company Excluded Wink  )
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:22 am

I really doubt it will ever actually happen as it hasn't passed parliment yet and is unlikely to before the election. Plus it is against our international agreements that have already been ratified into law. If it did get up i think it would get struck down by the high courts pretty quick.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:42 am

Glad to hear you think so -- it just seems unbelievable that something like this could be proposed, let alone acted upon, when there's so little evidence that this is creating actual problems.

Is it the Tasmanians? Are they at fault here? You can tell us. We in the U.S., after all, have their spiritual kin, also clustered toward our south ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:20 am

Actually in an Odd twist it is often the Well Off that are the most racist, in Sydney the most racist areas are the very poor west and very rich east.(while the middle is Full of Every other Nationality)
the problem is those 2 minorities are the most likely to change the vote in the next election.

Tasmamians are Racsit too but no one really listens to them Cool 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:39 pm

I'd been waiting for this to happen, and it has! This is from Natalie Tran (practically the unofficial spokeswoman for Aussie refugees and their descendents) -- I've re-arranged it from her Twitter feed:

"The new anti-boat people ads from our government make me sick. I'm ashamed to be Australian when I hear them.

If my government is going to target and excite the xenophobia amongst the ill-informed regarding boat people, I'd prefer they were upfront about it rather than hiding behind the guise of concern.

Even the term "boat people" and the negativity it entails is an example of the fear caused. These people are asylum seekers and refugees. "We’re all bloody boat people," Mr Hawke said. "That’s how we found the place."

How can such blatantly xenophobic, selfish, fear-mongering ads be commissioned by our government? This is not the country it could be.

MY Australia welcomes people seeking asylum. MY Australia does not turn people away to satisfy the fear of those who do not know better."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:51 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I'd been waiting for this to happen, and it has! This is from Natalie Tran (practically the unofficial spokeswoman for Aussie refugees and their descendents) -- I've re-arranged it from her Twitter feed:

"The new anti-boat people ads from our government make me sick.  I'm ashamed to be Australian when I hear them.

If my government is going to target and excite the xenophobia amongst the ill-informed regarding boat people, I'd prefer they were upfront about it rather than hiding behind the guise of concern.

Even the term "boat people" and the negativity it entails is an example of the fear caused. These people are asylum seekers and refugees. "We’re all bloody boat people," Mr Hawke said. "That’s how we found the place."

How can such blatantly xenophobic, selfish, fear-mongering ads be commissioned by our government? This is not the country it could be.

MY Australia welcomes people seeking asylum. MY Australia does not turn people away to satisfy the fear of those who do not know better."

http://www.bignewsnetwork.com/index.php/sid/215965774/scat/8a92b93e7894a18b

Similar thing happening in London Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:39 am

"MY Australia welcomes people seeking asylum. MY Australia does not turn people away to satisfy the fear of those who do not know better."

And there are plenty of us that strive to make that true, unfortuantly our votes are likely already determined, so it is the fools without compassion that only think of what they need today that the politicans target with their Adverts.

Side note, these ads are being ran in AUSTRALIA thus if the refugees do ever see them it will be to late as they are already here (making a mockery of the statement they will not get here). The Irony of that, of course, is lost on the people the ads are meant to appeal to.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down