NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I publicly apologize for mistakenly revealing the IP address of a member

+3
eddie
Cass
Ben Reilly
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I publicly apologize for mistakenly revealing the IP address of a member - Page 2 Empty I publicly apologize for mistakenly revealing the IP address of a member

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

Earlier this evening, in order to show that one member here was masquerading as someone else, I posted a screen capture of the evidence.

In a failure on my part to think it through with the care it deserved, I inadvertently displayed the IP address of this member for a span of no more than nine minutes before my mistake was brought to my attention and I corrected it.

I apologize for the error.

Last edited by Ben_Reilly on Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

I publicly apologize for mistakenly revealing the IP address of a member - Page 2 Empty Re: I publicly apologize for mistakenly revealing the IP address of a member

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:29 am

harvesmom wrote:
Korban_Dallas wrote:
Not necessarily

It certainly is on mine. But then I don't use a proxy server or try to hide my IP. I have no need to I trust Ben and the Mods on here. I am concerned now however because Sassy can see the IP addresses apparently and if she can then others can too. Unless Sassy has Mod status of course.

No, I, like everyone else can see the IP locations, and they change.

Back to top Go down

I publicly apologize for mistakenly revealing the IP address of a member - Page 2 Empty Re: I publicly apologize for mistakenly revealing the IP address of a member

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:31 am

Why would anyone want to even know the IP addresses of other posters, unless they are a mod to stop banned people coming back?

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:35 am

Sassy wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

It certainly is on mine. But then I don't use a proxy server or try to hide my IP. I have no need to I trust Ben and the Mods on here. I am concerned now however because Sassy can see the IP addresses apparently and if she can then others can too. Unless Sassy has Mod status of course.

No, that's not what you said

"It wasn't personal info Smelly, your IP address is on the map and it's part of the Forumotion set up"

^^that's what you said
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:39 am

harvesmom wrote:
Sassy wrote:

"It wasn't personal info Smelly, your IP address is on the map and it's part of the Forumotion set up"

^^that's what you said

How many more times, and IP 'address' ie location, is on the map, and Forumotion put on the map. I often check where my IP address has landed up, it's quite funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:42 am

Didge wrote:Why would anyone want to even know the IP addresses of other posters, unless they are a mod to stop banned people coming back?

You don't check where yours is coming from occasionally? I find it quite funny that even though mine is a perfectly normal one, by turning the router off at night it lands all over the place. And if you look on the map, you see everyone who is online while you look for your own.

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:43 am

Sassy wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

^^that's what you said

How many more times, and IP 'address' ie location, is on the map, and Forumotion put on the map.   I often check where my IP address has landed up, it's quite funny.

A few more times I think. Do you know what an IP address is?

A unique string of numbers separated by full stops that identifies each computer using the Internet Protocol to communicate over a network.

That's what you said you could see. Not a map, an IP address.
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:43 am

Sassy wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

^^that's what you said

How many more times, and IP 'address' ie location, is on the map, and Forumotion put on the map.   I often check where my IP address has landed up, it's quite funny.

Again why would anyone want to know, unless they have ulterior motives?

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:48 am

Didge wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Well they wouldn't Didge, that's the point. I can honestly say I've never even looked at the map on here till tonight when Sassy said the IP addresses were on the map. Then I went to check.
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:52 am

Yes, I know that, but I was using the term 'address' and in state, town, location. So what I was saying to Smelly was, I can see the address, ie location of his signal, that's all, no big plan etc etc etc. Just using the word 'address' as location.

Dean on the other hand has admitted to given ISP numbers to Hugh and Durham, I would be worried about that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:54 am

harvesmom wrote:
Didge wrote:

Well they wouldn't Didge, that's the point. I can honestly say I've never even looked at the map on here till tonight when Sassy said the IP addresses were on the map. Then I went to check.

Well then all I can say is you don't have a look at a site and see all it can do when you join it. I, and many people, do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:54 am

harvesmom wrote:
Didge wrote:

I have never even known we had a map on here, still do not even know where to look or would even bother to do so.
To me, someone who is not a mod wanting to know would do so to try to catch someone out over their location or if they are a multi ID, as that is the only possible explanation I can come up with, as why else would anyone need to know. I know Sassy is no Mod here, but she is close to someone who is, which may be the explanation to how she knows a posters IP, that to me would be a worry!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:56 am

harvesmom wrote:
Korban_Dallas wrote:
Not necessarily

It certainly is on mine. But then I don't use a proxy server or try to hide my IP. I have no need to I trust Ben and the Mods on here. I am concerned now however because Sassy can see the IP addresses apparently and if she can then others can too. Unless Sassy has Mod status of the course.
That's true however that traces back to your provider network that at best will give you a provider and various sub domains and servers

Then we come to your firewall

your computers address is 192.168.0.2 or something like that your internet address is a completely different

And if you care to check back as I know you will she actually said, CAN'T see the IP address numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:58 am

Well, as you all are yet again making a mountain out of a mole hill all I can say is what I meant was that the location on the map is picked up from the IP address. That's why I said it was worded badly.

So I worded it badly. What do you want, Blood.

Don't bother answer, you probably do.

I do hope though, that when you go on a new site of any discription you have the intelligence to look around and see everything it can do. That's why things are put on sites, so you can use them. Pointless of Forumotion to put on something that nobody uses, think you will find other people do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:59 am

Korban_Dallas wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

It certainly is on mine. But then I don't use a proxy server or try to hide my IP. I have no need to I trust Ben and the Mods on here. I am concerned now however because Sassy can see the IP addresses apparently and if she can then others can too. Unless Sassy has Mod status of the course.
That's true however that traces back to your provider network that at best will give you a provider and various sub domains and servers

your computers address is 192.168.0.2 or something like that your internet address is a completely different

And if you care to check back as I know you will she actually said, CAN'T see the IP address numbers  

Sorry Korben, but she keeps changing her story, I wonder if something under handed is under foot, things like this allow for suspicion, where again why would anyone want to know anyway!?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:01 am

I have not changed my story, I said I meant by IP address the location on the map. But carry on Didge, after all, it's the didge way, molehills become mountains, mountains become ranges. It was worded incorrectly, so sue me, I don't give a fuck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:02 am

Sassy wrote:Well, as you all are yet again making a mountain out of a mole hill all I can say is what I meant was that the location on the map is picked up from the IP address. That's why I said it was worded badly.

So I worded it badly. What do you want, Blood.

Don't bother answer, you probably do.

I do hope though, that when you go on a new site of any discription you have the intelligence to look around and see everything it can do.   That's why things are put on sites, so you can use them.   Pointless of Forumotion to put on something that nobody uses, think you will find other people do.

Worded, or changing your tune, because you actually do know, which is more of a worry to other posters.

It is easy to try and cover your mistakes by claiming otherwise, where again you even look at them for fun, what exactly is there to be fun about knowing where people are, if they put their location on their profile?
People might even use their work IP address at times as I have, so it really all boils down to why you are so nosey?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:04 am

Didge wrote:
harvesmom wrote:
Didge wrote:

I have never even known we had a map on here, still do not even know where to look or would even bother to do so.
To me, someone who is not a mod wanting to know would do so to try to catch someone out over their location or if they are a multi ID, as that is the only possible explanation I can come up with, as why else would anyone need to know. I know Sassy is no Mod here, but she is close to someone who is, which may be the explanation to how she knows a posters IP, that to me would be a worry!

Speak up Didge - don't be shy. Who are you talking about and are you seriously suggesting that someone who is a mod may be passing on IP addresses?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:05 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Didge wrote:

Speak up Didge - don't be shy. Who are you talking about and are you seriously suggesting that someone who is a mod may be passing on IP addresses?

Is it not a possibility Irn?

Back to top Go down

Didge wrote:
Korban_Dallas wrote:

Sorry Korben, but she keeps changing her story, I wonder if something under handed is under foot, things like this allow for suspicion, where again why would anyone want to know anyway!?
No she actually hasn`t she said can`t see the numbers
Fact

But i wonder is this one more orchestrated attempt from the inaflap crew to punish this sites members with false allegations and wildly misrepresents facts

strange

Back to top Go down

Oh sue me you fool, I like to check on my own, because it makes me laugh the way it moves even though I haven't got a roving one, just because I turn off my router at night.

Now you're boring me and trying (on purpose, with an agenda) to make it into something it's not. Forumotion put the map there for your use, if you don't want to look at it, don't, I like to see where I end up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:07 am

Didge wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Didge wrote:

Just answer the question

Are you seriously suggesting that someone who is a mod may be passing on IP addresses and who could this mod be?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:07 am

Korban_Dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:

Fact

But i wonder is this one more orchestrated attempt from the inaflap crew to punish this sites members with false allegations and wildly misrepresents facts

strange

No she just admitted she worded wrong, that means she is changing here tune.

Nothing to do with Flap, that is paranoia at its best, Harvesmum is not even on Flap and most people do not want to see any childish spates between forums.
You are happy to jump in where you see a concern, now claim a conspiracy when now others have a concern over something else, how does that work?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:07 am

Korban_Dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:

Fact

strange

I think that is nearer the mark and rather obvious.

and I said:

Now funnily enough, earlier on in the evening, because Victor and I were having a giggle and Didge jumped in by saying something horrible, we took the piss out of him, and he didn't like it.   He tried to make out I was causing trouble because he couldn't take someone laughing at him.   Now he thinks he can get his own back.   Don't ever accuse me of stirring after this Didge, you have done enough stirring to to make tea for the Navy.

Last edited by Sassy on Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:08 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Didge wrote:

Just answer the question

Are you seriously suggesting that someone who is a mod may be passing on IP addresses and who could this mod be?

I am asking you, is it not a possibility?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:09 am

Sassy wrote:
Korban_Dallas wrote:
Fact

strange

I think that is nearer the mark and rather obvious.

So it is okay for you to have concerns of where there could be underhandedness at play, but others now cannot have concerns and you just try to deflect by stating this has to do with Flap, when there is no love lost between myself and Dean?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:10 am

Didge wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Didge wrote:

Just answer the question

Stop avoiding giving an answer because you have put all the mods on here under suspicion that one of them may be may be passing on IP addresses?

Who is it?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:11 am

There's not much you can do with an IP address in the first place, but I'm not giving anybody's out and I trust that none of the other mods are, either.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:12 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Didge wrote:

Stop avoiding giving an answer because you have put all the mods on here under suspicion that one of them may be  may be passing on IP addresses?

Who is it?

If you read the point the first time, I stated this to me could be the only possible explanation, that is called an opinion, so do you disagree this is not the only possible explanation. If you feel I am wrong them provide an alternative explanation.
So again is it a possibility?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:13 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:There's not much you can do with an IP address in the first place, but I'm not giving anybody's out and I trust that none of the other mods are, either.

I know you would not,. but it does beg the question how Sassy would know, so people will have suspicions Ben

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:13 am

Children seriously  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

can we stop the shit stirring please
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:14 am

veya_victaous wrote:Children seriously  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

Sorry Veya, if trust breaks down on a forum, then people will become concerned and people have a right to question if this is the case

Back to top Go down

Post by Stooo Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:15 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Earlier this evening, in order to show that one member here was masquerading as someone else, I posted a screen capture of the evidence.

In a failure on my part to think it through with the care it deserved, I inadvertently displayed the IP address of this member for a span of no more than nine minutes before my mistake was brought to my attention and I corrected it.

I apologize for the error.

Multi's do your head in sometimes.
Stooo
Stooo
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:15 am

Bloody Hell didge, go and use your spoon to make tea. I can see when the address, ie location is, the same and anyone else, and don't you dare accuse a mod of anything. This site isn't the one that does the hacking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:16 am

Sassy wrote:Bloody Hell didge, go and use your spoon to make tea.   I can see when the address, ie location is, the same and anyone else, and don't you dare accuse a mod of anything.   This site isn't the one that does the hacking.

You can keep changing your story, but as you stated you actually look to see where people are, which is odd in itself as why would anyone do that given the reasons I already explained

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:17 am

Ben, I apologise for the miswording, address and location to me mean exactly the same thing, and I apologise that I have given the normal shit stirrers the chance to start again. Next time, I'll double check every bloody word I use, because obviously some on here are trying to cause trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:18 am

oh sweet lord....I'm gonna start drinking now.

if people don't trust this site or any other site then just delete your account.

what the hell is wrong with everyone slinging crap at people for the last week.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:19 am

Didge wrote:
Sassy wrote:Bloody Hell didge, go and use your spoon to make tea.   I can see when the address, ie location is, the same and anyone else, and don't you dare accuse a mod of anything.   This site isn't the one that does the hacking.

You can keep changing your story, but as you stated you actually look to see where people are, which is odd in itself as why would anyone do that given the reasons I already explained

Go fuck yourself, I said I look at mine and it's not possible to look for mine without seeing everyone else's. You really are a nasty stirring creep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:19 am

Didge wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Didge wrote:

Stop avoiding giving an answer because you have put all the mods on here under suspicion that one of them may be  may be passing on IP addresses?

Who is it?

If you read the point the first time, I stated this to me could be the only possible explanation, that is called an opinion, so do you disagree this is not the only possible explanation. If you feel I am wrong them provide an alternative explanation.

Well you are suggesting that it is and anything is possible but you still have to answer the question...

Who is a mod may that you think could be passing on IP addresses? Until you answer all the mods on here are under suspicion that one of them may have been doing that.

I'm finished for tonight but I hope you have the decency to withdraw what you said and apologise for even suggesting that any of the mods would do that.

I'll check back in the morning to see if you have done so.

Night

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:21 am

Cass wrote:oh sweet lord....I'm gonna start drinking now.

if people don't trust this site or any other site then just delete your account.

I think there is a concerted effort by some to make as much trouble as they can. They started with hacking and now they are jumping on everything they can find. If they don't like it here, why don't they bugger off.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:21 am

Didge wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:Children seriously  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

Sorry Veya, if trust breaks down on a forum, then people will become concerned and people have a right to question if this is the case

You have asked, you have been told. NO! IT IS NOT

Now it is just stirring the shit, why do we have 3 threads on this crap.  Evil or Very Mad 

AND if you or anyone else is that worried don't go online cause no matter what you do people can find your IP or dox you.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:21 am

Maybe I will, I trust Ben, Veya, Lurker and caution, but where there is history Me Lady from other forums you can never tell.

There has been countless other threads on suspicions, I am just raising some points, if all such threads are wrong they should be stopped from the start.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:22 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:

Now it is just stirring the shit, why do we have 3 threads on this crap.  Evil or Very Mad 

AND if you or anyone else is that worried don't go online cause no matter what you do people can find your IP or dox you.

Then if that is the case maybe it is best I delete my account

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:25 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Didge wrote:

Well you are suggesting that it is and anything is possible but you still have to answer the question...

Who is a mod may that you think could be passing on IP addresses? Until you answer all the mods on here are under suspicion that one of them may have been doing that.

I'm finished for tonight but I hope you have the decency to withdraw what you said and apologise for even suggesting that any of the mods would do that.

Night

Irn in my position you were underhanded with me on speakfree in collusion with sassy, where other mods resigned over her abuse of powers, so you will forgive if I do not trust you in this position.
I trust the other mods as they have no history, but you do have history with posters, which will have reason to cause people to doubt your impartiality from previous history.
I too was asked to be a mod here and turned it down for this simple reason I do have history with some posters an that to become one would be unfair and some posters would not trust me.
So you o have a track record on this and have every right to question this

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:26 am

Didge wrote:

Maybe I will, I trust Ben, Veya, Lurker and caution, but where there is history Me Lady from other forums you can never tell.

There has been countless other threads on suspicions, I am just raising some points, if all such threads are wrong they should be stopped from the start.

frankly didge I am sick of it. you know I don't take sides and I get on with everybody but this has gone on long enough....I have tried my best to break the tension but everybody is acting crazy and someone has got to stand up abmnd sat

STOP IT FOR FUCKS SAKE ALL OF YOU.

If people "dislike" me for this fine. but I for one have had the fuck enough. you're all guilty for bringing crap here.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:29 am

Didge wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:

Then if that is the case maybe it is best I delete my account

it wouldn't help you, go online people can see you that the way the internet works  Rolling Eyes 
all appropriate security in in place, NO MODs have given out IPs.
what more do you want?

You are right we should stop letting these threads start in the first place.
\
Locking this one as it is waste of time

@cass
thank you
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:45 pm

Didge wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Didge wrote:

Night

Irn in my position you were underhanded with me on speakfree in collusion with sassy, where other mods resigned over her abuse of powers, so you will forgive if I do not trust you in this position.
I trust the other mods as they have no history, but you do have history with posters, which will have reason to cause people to doubt your impartiality from previous history.
I too was asked to be a mod here and turned it down for this simple reason I do have history with some posters an that to become one would be unfair and some posters would not trust me.
So you o have a track record on this and have every right to question this

Just testing.

Eddie, I did nothing other than hit the quote button and I'm not in the habit of lying.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2