NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concerns about Islamic Extremism on the Rise in Middle East

Go down

Concerns about Islamic Extremism on the Rise in Middle East Empty Concerns about Islamic Extremism on the Rise in Middle East

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:45 pm

Negative Opinions of al Qaeda, Hamas and Hezbollah Widespread:

As well-publicized bouts of violence, from civil war to suicide bombings, plague the Middle East, Africa and South Asia, concern about Islamic extremism is high among countries with substantial Muslim populations, according to a new survey by the Pew Research Center. And in the Middle East, concern is growing. Lebanese, Tunisians, Egyptians, Jordanians and Turks are all more worried about the extremist threat than they were a year ago.

Meanwhile, publics hold very negative opinions of well-known extremist groups, such as al Qaeda, Hamas and Hezbollah.

In Nigeria, the vast majority of respondents, both Muslims and Christians alike, have an unfavorable view of Boko Haram, the terrorist group that recently kidnapped hundreds of girls in the restive north of the country. And a majority of Pakistanis have an unfavorable view of the Taliban.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2014/07/01/concerns-about-islamic-extremism-on-the-rise-in-middle-east/

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Islamic Extremism on the Rise in Middle East Empty Re: Concerns about Islamic Extremism on the Rise in Middle East

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:50 pm

lol

Welcome to the land of the living didge.

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Islamic Extremism on the Rise in Middle East Empty Re: Concerns about Islamic Extremism on the Rise in Middle East

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:52 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:lol

Am already there Andy, waiting for you to catch the the 9:50 from London Victoria to reach there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:10 am

very nice...now aint it about time they DID something about it????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:11 am

victorisnotamused wrote:very nice...now aint it about time they DID something about it????

They are, what do you think Pakistan is doing with its offensive against the Taliban?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:15 am

Didge wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:very nice...now aint it about time they DID something about it????

They are, what do you think Pakistan is doing with its offensive against the Taliban?

Tickling their bottoms.

Nothing more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:17 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Didge wrote:

Tickling their bottoms.

Nothing more.

So you are on the ground in Pakistan are you, or in Yemen, where there is offensives against terrorists?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:21 am

oh yes...I'd heard about that...no doubt they will kill a few goats, a few goat herders and the taliban will pay the commanders off and then they will claim victory...and things will carry on as normal (or what pases for normal in that part of the world..)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:25 am

victorisnotamused wrote:oh yes...I'd heard about that...no doubt they will kill a few goats, a few goat herders  and the taliban will pay the commanders off   and then they will claim victory...and things will carry on as normal (or what pases for normal in that part of the world..)

Well, 15 terrorists so far have been killed in this offensive, which is on top of earlier air strikes that have killed 105.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:58 am

Didge wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:oh yes...I'd heard about that...no doubt they will kill a few goats, a few goat herders  and the taliban will pay the commanders off   and then they will claim victory...and things will carry on as normal (or what pases for normal in that part of the world..)

Well, 15 terrorists so far have been killed in this offensive, which is on top of earlier air strikes that have killed 105.

Which is assurance that that action is being taken by some of these Muslim counties who oppose terrorism...

I think what some may find hard to believe is that some Governments in Islamic countries genuinely want no part of these terrorists and their evil ways and will stand up to them as best they can and try to eliminate them, but it's also dangerous for them turning against their Muslim ' brothers '.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:32 am

Joy Division wrote:
Didge wrote:

Which is assurance that that action is being taken by some of these Muslim counties who oppose terrorism...

I think what some may find hard to believe is that some Governments in Islamic  countries genuinely want no part of these terrorists and their evil ways and will stand up to them as best they can and try to eliminate them, but it's also dangerous for them turning against their Muslim ' brothers '.

very well put JD.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:54 am

BigAndy9 wrote:lol

if i posted what didge just did id be an islaophobe using fear arguments to spread hate against all Muslims by association fallacy

or some such nonsense

i do hope that didge isnt going to try jump on my bandwagon and start saying how bad Islamic fundamentalism is

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:55 am

Saudi has just deployed 30,000 troops to its Iraq border

hey didge

looks like my war is heating up eh??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:57 am

smelly_bandit wrote:Saudi has just deployed 30,000 troops to its Iraq border

hey didge

Not really smelly, I know you are desperate for one, but maybe this is the Arab nations collaborating together to take out ISIS, so much for your wet dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:10 am

Didge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:Saudi has just deployed 30,000 troops to its Iraq border

hey didge

Not really smelly, I know you are desperate for one, but maybe this is the Arab nations collaborating together to take out ISIS, so much for your wet dreams

oh look didge jumping the gun again

patience didge patience

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:11 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:

patience didge patience

I have always had extreme patience putting up with ignorance!

Best you change your sheets now eh!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:32 am

Didge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

patience didge patience

you have no choice in that matter didge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:34 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:

you have no choice in that matter didge

In changing your sheets?

Thank goodness I do not, yuk!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down