NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Islamic extremism a 'deadly' problem for charities, William Shawcross says

Go down

Islamic extremism a 'deadly' problem for charities, William Shawcross says Empty Islamic extremism a 'deadly' problem for charities, William Shawcross says

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:20 am

Islamist extremism is the "most deadly" problem charities face, the chairman of the sector's watchdog has said.

William Shawcross, who took on the role at the Charity Commission in October 2012, said it was "ludicrous" that people with convictions for terrorism or money laundering were not automatically disqualified from setting up charities or becoming trustees.

He said he has written to the prime minister, David Cameron, to ask for changes to the law.
In his first interview since becoming chairman, he said: "The problem of Islamist extremism and charities ... is not the most widespread problem we face in terms of abuse of charities, but is potentially the most deadly. And it is, alas, growing.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/apr/20/Islamic-extremism-charities-deadly-problem-william-shawcross

Shameful islamophobic propaganda. More Daily Mail hate stuff...

Back to top Go down

Islamic extremism a 'deadly' problem for charities, William Shawcross says Empty Re: Islamic extremism a 'deadly' problem for charities, William Shawcross says

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:11 pm

What's up Didge, nothing to say? Expect this'll slide off the radar. Qu'elle surprise...

Back to top Go down

Islamic extremism a 'deadly' problem for charities, William Shawcross says Empty Re: Islamic extremism a 'deadly' problem for charities, William Shawcross says

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:16 pm

Tesstacious wrote:What's up Didge, nothing to say?  Expect this'll slide off the radar.  Qu'elle surprise...

Did not even see it but it shows your insane obsession with Islam again

I agree with his view points in trying to ensure money is not used through charities to fund terrorism

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:22 pm

Didge wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:What's up Didge, nothing to say?  Expect this'll slide off the radar.  Qu'elle surprise...

I agree with his view points in trying to ensure money is not used through charities to fund terrorism
Do you also agree with his statement

In his first interview since becoming chairman, he said: "The problem of Islamist extremism and charities ... is not the most widespread problem we face in terms of abuse of charities, but is potentially the most deadly. And it is, alas, growing.

He seems sure where the problem is going to be moving forward

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:26 pm

Nems wrote:
Didge wrote:

Completely agree with it, what easier way to dupe people into giving money, when its uses are going to be used elsewhere, thus able to expose flaws in the charity system, as he has pointed out.
Again extremists will use any method and what better way than through charities Nems, I am not suprised at this growing, what I am suprised is we allow convicted terrorists to set up charities, that is completely wrong and to me we should introduce laws where a charity exposed as funding terrorism should receive the harshest penalties

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:39 pm

Didge wrote:
Nems wrote:

Completely agree with it, what easier way to dupe people into giving money, when its uses are going to be used elsewhere, thus able to expose flaws in the charity system, as he has pointed out.
Again extremists will use any method and what better way than through charities Nems, I am not suprised at this growing, what I am suprised is we allow convicted terrorists to set up charities, that is completely wrong and to me we should introduce laws where a charity exposed as funding terrorism should receive the harshest penalties

I look forward to the Muslim council of Britain's statement in support of this

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down